Version 1.3.0 is out

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Version 1.3.0 is out

Post by Daniele » Thu May 21, 2020 1:53 pm

This patch is the companion patch to the DLC: Persia 550-330 BCE.

You can download the update from here

Changelog
Fixes
Fix to random buildings in setup not added if pop is not high enough
Fix to returning garrison bug
Fix to unwanted move (left over intercept) bug
Fix to no structure proposed in some regions
Fix to (yet another) moving capital bug
Fix to crash when a land trade route is longer than 32 regions
Fix to an old bug in AI giving away a region in battle

AI
AI produces less ships

Various changes or improvements
Improved Battle Deployment
Free buildings slots overlay replaces useless Combat power overlay
No accidental death of rulers before turn 10 in any scenario. For leaders, not before turn 5.
Cannot have revolts in a sea
Equipment added by Experts buildings are indicated as an icon on Unit Card.
Tweak to defensiveness formula
National Decision: Periplus never given if one already present
Tyrannies can't raid anymore (Although Tyranids still can)
Fix to Administrative Burden cost where very high treasury was not impacted as they should
Bonus to leader quality from Academies or other modifiers doubled
Conversion chance slightly lowered but with guaranteed 1% minimum
Decadence from size reduced comparatively to building one (the latter was anecdotical compared to the former)
Retouched combat power formula
Inactive factions lose 1% of their current legacy per turn, with a minimum of 10 legacy if feasible
Intercepting an army entering water will stop interception. The sea giveth, but the sea taketh too.
Skirmishers have twice as much chances to be targeted in ranged combat than any other unit
Potential Structures report if they will fill nearby missing bonus or needed resources
Can browse through all regions even if one can't build a building, using the region panel navigator

Setup and data changes
Phalanxes have money increase 10%
War school added
Sparta palace is a military building because Sparta
The Acropolis of Athens added as a specific building
Citizen Hoplite (HEL MI): +1 Defense, Besieger becomes City Defender (+1 siege resist instead of +1 Besiege). Slightly upped costs.
Armored Hoplite (HEL HI) has now Besieger. These two changes will instill a much more defensive profile to Hellenes nations.
If you want more Besieger, hire mercenaries hoplites!
City guards also provide +5 loyalty
Brigantia has a lead mine instead of a tin mine

Diplomacy & War (De Jure / De Facto ownership)
Up to 48 clauses per treaty (was 12)
Can ask regions from a losing client state
Can enter regions of allied client states
Winning against a client-state changes properly the liege warscore
Improved region tooltip, indicating legit owner and relationship value
Peace treaty fixes to 'ping-pong' effect
Simple treaties Client-State, Cooperation removed from UI as redundant
War occupied regions shown with special stripes
No message issued when retroceding regions in peace treaty
Indicate liege in region tooltip
Refined calculations of cost for clauses Vassal, Absorb, Region
Fix to gift in transactions giving too low relation boost
When you send a treaty, you get a short notification at the top of the screen
AI will propose less transactions
Fix to war exhaustion not factored in peace chance (despite being shown in tooltip)
Slightly tweaked war exhaustion values (a bit harder)
World factions (rebels, indeps, slaves, bandits) will remove previous legitimate ownership past 3 turns. In the meantime, if retaken, an allied AI or CS will give back the region to his legitimate owner.
In case of revolt, if there is a legitimate owner different from occupier, the revolt might be from the legitimate owning nation.

Compatibility with older games
Although old saves (up to 1.10) were tested and are working in the latest version of the game, not all new features added will be active in your ongoing game. We also cannot ensure with a 100% confidence that there can’t be a glitch or two, although we saw none during tests.

Base game campaign (GC310) with the DLC activated

If you acquire the DLC “Persia 550-330 BCE”, then the base campaign (310 BCE) will have impediments, perks, regional decisions and some of the custom missions of the DLC campaign, if applicable to the time period.

Alcoolamus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Version 1.3.0 is out

Post by Alcoolamus » Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm

"War occupied regions shown with special stripes"

A surprise to be sure but a very welcome one!

Hister_MatrixForum
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Hister_MatrixForum » Thu May 21, 2020 6:52 pm

Alcoolamus wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm
"War occupied regions shown with special stripes"

A surprise to be sure but a very welcome one!
Yes, it for sure is a good and well needed new feature.

SGZ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by SGZ » Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 am

Lots of nice improvements , Thanks
A couple of little issues - the icon to show regions w no building work going on is weird and possibly bugged. Could you just have 1 colour ie red, showing each REGION where an available building slot is not being utilized? Simpler, clearer and more useful. Also some string error w the name of my new King of Colchis. I'm not sure how widespread this issue is. Never encountered it pre 1.3.
20200521213625_1.jpg
20200521213625_1.jpg (223.55 KiB) Viewed 1202 times

Alcoolamus
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Alcoolamus » Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 am

I had this ruler name issue several time before 1.3 but only with smaller factions like Kolchis, Iberia and such. Never with major factions

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm

Thanks for the report on missing ruler name.

What's the issue with the new overlay, I don't see a problem here.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

poesel71
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by poesel71 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:14 pm

Thanks for the update (and the DLC).

The striping for 'war occupied' came as a welcome surprise. I don't think anyone requested it but it is really helpful information.
In my game I have a civil war in Carthage and noticed that all of the lands of the ursurper are war occupied including the ones that seceded in first place. Is that intentional? Seems a bit strange.

I love the additional building information. Don't be shy and give us the region names. :) It is not necessary to sort this by region if you think the list will be too long. Something like 'You get 3metal, 5 gold from region1, region2'. Usually you know what is from where.

But the best thing: new loading texts! I don't know how often I have read about that railway thing in Greece... :shock: :D

SGZ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by SGZ » Sat May 23, 2020 9:24 am

Pocus wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm
Thanks for the report on missing ruler name.

What's the issue with the new overlay, I don't see a problem here.

issue as below.

I am continuing a pre version 1.3 game. Could that be why it's not working right ?
Attachments
20200523171253_1.jpg
20200523171253_1.jpg (161.97 KiB) Viewed 1068 times

Faultierasai
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Faultierasai » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:55 pm

I have seen any Problems as Carthage:

a) the Phoenician Foot lost here Siege Defend Skills, she has actually only the siege skill
b) the same with the iberian warband mercenary unit
c) the mercenary recruting costs its to expensive. I must pay 20% more for every hoplite mercenary unit.
d) the most important...the food problem. Limited Food is not a Problem, the KI ...and the human player can start a blitzkrieg without bigger losses.

In the earlier Versions, it was my strategy to hold no food and no buildings in the sahara desert between carthage and egypt.
Every Army can move 6 Steps. Any Desert Province without roads need 6 Steps...and has no food. So, if egypt attack me...after two regions without food, his army starts starving and can´t start a siege.

Can you fix all these Problems please?

Swuul
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Swuul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Faultierasai wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:55 pm
I have seen any Problems as Carthage:

a) the Phoenician Foot lost here Siege Defend Skills, she has actually only the siege skill
b) the same with the iberian warband mercenary unit
c) the mercenary recruting costs its to expensive. I must pay 20% more for every hoplite mercenary unit.
d) the most important...the food problem. Limited Food is not a Problem, the KI ...and the human player can start a blitzkrieg without bigger losses.

In the earlier Versions, it was my strategy to hold no food and no buildings in the sahara desert between carthage and egypt.
Every Army can move 6 Steps. Any Desert Province without roads need 6 Steps...and has no food. So, if egypt attack me...after two regions without food, his army starts starving and can´t start a siege.

Can you fix all these Problems please?
a) Working as Designed (there are very few elite units in the game who are both besiegers and siege defenders, normal units now have either or)
b) Working as Designed (there are very few elite units in the game who are both besiegers and siege defenders, normal units now have either or)
c) Working as Designed (in the past only a few heavy infantries had the increased cost, this was corrected, and now many/most heavy infantries cost more the more you recruit them)
d) Use fleets (fleets can easily provide food supply to regions next to them), Sahara was quite the formidable defensive barrier during this time...
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”