Removing Impediments

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

stuart3
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Removing Impediments

Post by stuart3 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:48 am

One of the methods often listed as a way to remove Impediments is to build a specified building in the region. I build these buildings as a matter of policy but I have never seen an Impediment removed by this method.

Is this feature working? Is the (unspecified) chance of success by the presence of the appropriate building deliberately set so low that it is designed to be a once in a blue moon event? Have I just been incredibly unlucky?

Surt
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Removing Impediments

Post by Surt » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 am

It sometimes work fast, other times it seems that it takes forever, to find out if its working as intended you need to note the type, the turn it is build, the chance to remove and when it is removed or if its not removed after ~25 turns. This has to be done for several to get some statistical evidence.
25 turns is 0.8^25 ~0.037% chance that it doesn't happen, if you can show several that hits this chance that building/impediment is not working correctly.
Unfortunately our minds are not really build for noting this on our own, had a perarie fire and the shepherds house for several turn and then the fire burned the Sheppard house, I rebuild it and it worked immediately, other building have been around for many turns but eventually I have noted that after some a long time they always work.

travling_canuck
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by travling_canuck » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:45 am

I can confirm that it's working. I believe I've had every type of impediment now, and removed all of them (that can be removed) via their associated building.

As Surt, says, sometimes it happens quickly, but often it takes a while, and sometimes it seems like it takes forever, but eventually the buildings do their job. The ones that can be removed by Prospecting can, of course, be eliminated more quickly by using that Regional Decision, but I've dealt with them via the slower, building route, too, and eventually that works.

USGrant1962
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by USGrant1962 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:27 pm

The removal chance is 3% per turn. It was 2% before the last patch, which was REALLY slow.

Surt

Post by Surt » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:30 pm

USGrant1962 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:27 pm
The removal chance is 3% per turn. It was 2% before the last patch, which was REALLY slow.
Thanks, that explains why it takes forever as opposed to those who can be removed with 20% chance per turns.

stuart3

Post by stuart3 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Thanks guys. It looks like the RNG just doesn't want to do it for me.

Will_L
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Will_L » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:22 am

Surt wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:04 am
had a perarie fire and the shepherds house for several turn and then the fire burned the Sheppard house, I rebuild it and it worked immediately,
The prairie fire saw what you had done and said, "Oh no he didn't! Built that shepherd house just to get rid of me! We're havin' none of that!" Then it burnt it down. It got the message that the "relationship" was over when you rebuilt it. :wink:

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:38 am

USGrant1962 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:27 pm
Per building tier
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”