Dailamy mixable with leg her muslims and goth bagage claim

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

Post Reply
domblas
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: Montpellier, France

Dailamy mixable with leg her muslims and goth bagage claim

Post by domblas » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:58 am

Hi,

i am painting an amazing fatimid army 15 mm with a mix of legio heroica and donningtons figs. My problem is : Dailamies, where can i find nice ones? The one i can see onwebsites of fig manufacturers looks not mixable with that standard of fig, or just don't looks like impact foot/swordmen guys. Any suggestions?

second question: two years ago, on ebay, a guy was painting and selling great fortifications for bagages made of chariots/bags and branches. Those the goth and some barbarians where used to build. That guy said he'd stop painting for a while coz he was moving home. Does anyone has his contact, i'd like to contact him.
Otherwise, do you know any other guys making such nice work?
Edward

peterrjohnston
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 1506
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:51 am

Re: Dailamy mixable with leg her muslims and goth bagage cla

Post by peterrjohnston » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 am

domblas wrote: i am painting an amazing fatimid army 15 mm with a mix of legio heroica and donningtons figs. My problem is : Dailamies, where can i find nice ones? The one i can see onwebsites of fig manufacturers looks not mixable with that standard of fig, or just don't looks like impact foot/swordmen guys. Any suggestions?
Mirliton have some medium foot in their later muslim range, not sure how accurate they are for Dailami, but they look good. The rest of the range would also mix well with Legio Heroica if you want more variety.

Otherwise Outpost Miniatures make specific Dailami figures, which I assume are accurate given the involvement of Nik and Brendan.

Mine are all old Essex, but I'm not so keen on redoing an entire Dailami army! :)

marco
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 658
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: saint brieuc

Post by marco » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:33 am

pour les daylamis je partirai bien sur des khurasan miniatures
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/km6.jpg
ou sur des old glory qui font aussi des daylamis
http://oldglory15s.com/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=3182
et
http://oldglory15s.com/catalog/product_ ... cts_id=832
la bretagne ça vous gagne...
...mais ça fait pas gagner !

soit on les brûle ,et on venge jeanne,
soit on les defonce à la mitraille et on venge la vielle garde.
christophe artus

http://marcofwar.unblog.fr/
http://marcofwar2.blogspot.fr/

domblas
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: Montpellier, France

Re: Dailamy mixable with leg her muslims and goth bagage cla

Post by domblas » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:27 pm

peterrjohnston wrote:
domblas wrote: i am painting an amazing fatimid army 15 mm with a mix of legio heroica and donningtons figs. My problem is : Dailamies, where can i find nice ones? The one i can see onwebsites of fig manufacturers looks not mixable with that standard of fig, or just don't looks like impact foot/swordmen guys. Any suggestions?
Mirliton have some medium foot in their later muslim range, not sure how accurate they are for Dailami, but they look good. The rest of the range would also mix well with Legio Heroica if you want more variety.

Otherwise Outpost Miniatures make specific Dailami figures, which I assume are accurate given the involvement of Nik and Brendan.

Mine are all old Essex, but I'm not so keen on redoing an entire Dailami army! :)
Thank you for answering
mirlitons are really nice figures. If they are like my swiss ones, they are too small to fit with Legio Heroica.
Outpost ones are not visible on their website. Anyone has picts of theses?
Edward

domblas
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: Montpellier, France

Post by domblas » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:31 pm

marco wrote:pour les daylamis je partirai bien sur des khurasan miniatures
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/km6.jpg
ou sur des old glory qui font aussi des daylamis
http://oldglory15s.com/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=3182
et
http://oldglory15s.com/catalog/product_ ... cts_id=832
Thx Marco,

old glory ones don't look like armored foot and khurasanians ones... looks like undead. Maybe the pict is bad. Ok i am diffcult to please. But hey, guys check the legio heroica ones and you'll see that you cannot mix it without care.

edward

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 10287
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:30 am
Location: LarryWorld

Post by nikgaukroger » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:14 pm

To keep the look of the army consistent I'd be tempted to stick with Legio Heroica figures and use a mixture of figures such as the Arab Javelinmen, who have an active pose, and the armoured figures from the Arab command pack (ask if they'll sell individual figures perhaps?) with shields added. Assume that the unarmoured ones are wearing armour beneath the clothing. I suspect with a bit of minor conversion work, plus shields, you could add in some of the lutat macemen as well.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk

expendablecinc
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:55 pm

Post by expendablecinc » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:23 pm

domblas wrote:
marco wrote:pour les daylamis je partirai bien sur des khurasan miniatures
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/km6.jpg
ou sur des old glory qui font aussi des daylamis
http://oldglory15s.com/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=3182
et
http://oldglory15s.com/catalog/product_ ... cts_id=832
Thx Marco,

old glory ones don't look like armored foot and khurasanians ones... looks like undead. ...
edward
lol. theres a painted pic ont eh main khurasani list page:
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/khurasanian.html

list_lurker
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:51 am
Contact:

Post by list_lurker » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:34 pm


domblas
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: Montpellier, France

Post by domblas » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:02 am

these are ok. Good looking, dynamic and well representing. Thx

Delbruck
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 370
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: USA

Post by Delbruck » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:36 am

There is also Mirliton heavy foot:

Image

domblas
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:16 pm
Location: Montpellier, France

Post by domblas » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:17 am

Delbruck wrote:There is also Mirliton heavy foot:

Image
these mirlitons would be my fav if they were not as small. Legio heroica are big ones, they can't mix well with small figs

Jilu
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Jilu » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:27 am

domblas wrote:
Delbruck wrote:There is also Mirliton heavy foot:
these mirlitons would be my fav if they were not as small. Legio heroica are big ones, they can't mix well with small figs
Strange that you say that the Mirliton Arab range are the same size as Outpost. Thus large 15's.

Delbruck
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 370
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: USA

Post by Delbruck » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:53 am

these mirlitons would be my fav if they were not as small. Legio heroica are big ones, they can't mix well with small figs
If this is the case, I would simply use Legio Heroica MUS31, a good armored infanantry.

Image

will05
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by will05 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:36 pm

I have mixed kurasans with legio heroica. Big size difference. I stick a few bits of thin card on the base under the smaller ones to bring their heads up to the same level. Looks fine. Might get some of Lurkios Dailami to mix in.

Legionbuilder
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: Wheaton - Suburb of Chicago

Post by Legionbuilder » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:43 am

Delbruck wrote:
these mirlitons would be my fav if they were not as small. Legio heroica are big ones, they can't mix well with small figs
If this is the case, I would simply use Legio Heroica MUS31, a good armored infanantry.

Image
Love the shields - fantastic

lawrenceg
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:24 pm
Location: Former British Empire

Post by lawrenceg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:21 am

nikgaukroger wrote:To keep the look of the army consistent I'd be tempted to stick with Legio Heroica figures and use a mixture of figures such as the Arab Javelinmen, who have an active pose, and the armoured figures from the Arab command pack (ask if they'll sell individual figures perhaps?) with shields added. Assume that the unarmoured ones are wearing armour beneath the clothing. I suspect with a bit of minor conversion work, plus shields, you could add in some of the lutat macemen as well.
I found Legio Heroica not willing to sell individual figures because his moulds cast a complete pack, which is a specific "random" mix in one go, and he has to pay a contractor for each shot.
Lawrence Greaves

Post Reply

Return to “Modelling”