My Dailami army

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

helot2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

My Dailami army

Post by helot2000 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:00 pm

All Old Glory figs. I used their Syrian foot because they're modeled in chainmail and they also have a good mix of sword, axe and spear. While they do have teardrop shields, I found an account saying teardrop shields came into use when the Dailmai were employed by the Fatimids. I am looking forward to getting these fellows on the tabletop!

More pics and some background on the Dailami on my blog here: Twin Cities Gamer.

grahambriggs
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: My Dailami army

Post by grahambriggs » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Very nice indeed!

philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Outstanding
phil
putting the arg into argumentative

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Good stuff. This is one of my favorite armies. I have taken it to many a comp and it is always fun and tough.

helot2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by helot2000 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks fellows, I appreciate the feedback! Hazelbark, I realize it's a bit late to ask but would you mind sharing some pointers on a good Dailami list?

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:55 pm

First remember at the end of the day the dailami are almost the best infantry in the game. They can take on almost anything. Pike. Slam into them. If you win impact you will slaughter them. If you don't disrupt at impact the Pike still have a hard long grind. You can receive a lancer attack with a bit of courage if the lancers are supported by numbers you can win through.

The follow is random quick takes.

Terrain. Lots of uneven and rough. Nothing can beat you in rough. Elephants have a chance in uneven. Always put out lots of terrain.

The MF drilled superior bow are a hidden but hugely powerful tool as well.

You have speed and the ability to strike hard. Where you are weak is size. Everything is expensive.

They are very maneuverable and I too often maneuver too long to have an assured victory instead of a turning into the foe and just attacking.

Which part suit your style. The Ghilman in combination with the infantry are very good. Which is what you need to remember get your army to one point and fight. Don't spread out across the table. Compact is key. You can usually deliver a massive amount of power to a narrow frontage. If you can maneuver to the end of the opponents line then you should gobble up that end.

Elephants are handy but if you dont' expect knights or massed lancers you can skip.

The army has a weakness in skirmishers. The LH lancers can skirmish versus enemy infantry. I usually bring the Kurd ally at higher point games.

helot2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by helot2000 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:16 am

This is fabulous! I'm going to tweak my list and figures as I near the finish line. A big THANKS Hazel!

helot2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by helot2000 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:07 am

Finished! Here is the rest of the crew, with options for a Kurdish or Bedouin ally.
Camp
Ghilmen
Kurdish Lancers
The Whole army, allies and all:

gozerius
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by gozerius » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:43 pm

As always, very nice.
Thracians
Classical Indians