"Did someone say the Spanish Inquisition?" Spanish Armies

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

finnian3@yahoo.com
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

"Did someone say the Spanish Inquisition?" Spanish Armies

Post by finnian3@yahoo.com » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:04 pm

All,
So my current painting focus is all Spanish, all the time:]

What is the current opinion of Spanish armies? I had the lead, as I have more lead than time, and so I painted up all the Spanish figures I have.
I will be selling on ebay, but wanted a pulse on these armies first.

I sold all religious order knights and now I am on to Reconquista/ 10th Century El Cid through Early 14th Century. Knights o'plenty.

While I am at it: Any thoughts on next project? Germanic Tribes, Serbs, Arabs...... any thoughts?

helot2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: "Did someone say the Spanish Inquisition?" Spanish Armie

Post by helot2000 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:18 pm

If you're doing all Spanish, all the time, check out Sertorius's Lusitanians list in Rise of Rome. It's drilled, medium foot, legionaries too. With v2, you can take 1/3 of your Lusitanian warriors as superior. Xyston has a great line of ancient spanish figs too. I really enjoyed learning about Sertorius and painting the army. All my Ancient Spanish painting and discussions are found here. Whatever you choose, have fun with it and don't forget to post up the results.

finnian3@yahoo.com
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by finnian3@yahoo.com » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:50 am

Right now I am just covering medieval minis. I would like to get around to something Roman, but as I said, Germans are on the table. Marius has my vote for top Roman general

helot2000
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by helot2000 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:35 am

Late Republican Romans are tough as nails. I hate facing them, and quite a few of the fellows in our group run them regularly. Since you like Marius and also the Germans, Teutones or Cimbri would be a great bunch to paint up. Good luck with the adventure!

Return to “Modelling”