What size base do you put stakes on?

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

shakespear
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

What size base do you put stakes on?

Post by shakespear »

Liek the topic says, the stakes for archers, what size base shoudl it be on? I cant seem to find it, in the rules.
sjwhite72
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by sjwhite72 »

60mm X 15mm I believe. same base size as heavy foot if I read correctly.
WhiteKnight
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WhiteKnight »

The width of a base of stakes needs to be the same as the width of a base of troops. The depth is not as important, as the front of the stake base takes the position of the those placing them, but their shooting range is measured from the front of the stakes.

Martin
NicktheLemming
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by NicktheLemming »

I've been taking them as portable defences = fortifications (p 129), and the chart on p. 126 says 40 x 15mm for fortifications.
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

I had some 40mm by 10mm bases in my bases box and have used them for my 15mm stakes.

I wasn't going to use the bases for anything else as they were initially bought to be clever with DBM hordes by allowing me to use a 10mm base with two javelinmen and a 20mm base with 3 archers to make a horde base when you needed 50 horde for a propper Assyrian army.

Return to “Modelling”