10MM Makers?

A forum for discussion of anything to do with modelling for Field of Glory, including figures, painting, basing, terrain, buildings, uniform research and more.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

imanfasil
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

10MM Makers?

Post by imanfasil » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:02 pm

I am diving into the wonderful world of 10MM and was just curious if people had any brand recommendations or comparisons. I have bought an Imperial Roman army of Old Glory 10mm, and a few add on bits (like bolt shooters) from Museums line (Magister Militium?), and noticed the Old Glory seem larger by a decent amount mainly due to having a thicker base.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Seldon
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Seldon » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:12 pm

Well I use mostly Old Glory and Magister Militum, I like them the best.

However you also have

Pendraken ( www.pendraken.co.uk )

Irregular ( www. irregularminiatures.co.uk )

Steve Barber ( www.sbarber-models.clara.net )

I don't know about the rest but Militum and Old Glory don't look bad next to each other.. see this example :

In those pictures you can see a mix of Old Glory and Militum

babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:27 am

I don't think I like them at all. In that first picture they are all running away.

:D

Marc

Seldon
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Seldon » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:52 am

well those are the old glory ones, maybe you should get the militum ones :) but then again maybe the militums would run away too... elephants are scary :)

Fenton
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Fenton » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:59 am

There is also AIM which are sold through minifigs US, Warrior miniatures in Scotland which are at the VERY cheap end of the market, and Scruby does some as well, Irregular also do some of the more unusual ranges some are good though

imanfasil

Strips Vs Individual figs

Post by imanfasil » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Right now I am painting some Old Glory 10mm and I'm really happy with the strips the heavy infantry come in... any other brands that do this? The figs on the minifig site looked nice, but they didn't have a lot of picutres and it was hard to tell if they were individual or strips that had been cut apart.

Thanks

camlan
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by camlan » Sat May 03, 2008 8:57 pm

Kallistra also do a very nice range of Later Medievals, Arthurian British, Eastern European types. Not in strips, and on the larger side, but very nice figures, nonetheless.

Dave

Fenton
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Fenton » Sun May 04, 2008 1:46 am

I have to say I always find OG 10mm a bit of a pain, because for some reason they have made there strips some weird sizes so they dont fit in with any popular basing schemes, and some of the ranges you just cant snip the bases as half the figure comes away to

Return to “Modelling”