Is there another DLC in the working?

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
euramer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Is there another DLC in the working?

Post by euramer »

I really liked the last DLC and in general the game, is another DLC planned? Thank you.
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Is there another DLC in the working?

Post by WarHomer »

I really didn´t like the last DLC (the lizards...), but hope for a return to something more in the style of the first big barbarian campaign.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

WarHomer wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:48 pm I really didn´t like the last DLC (the lizards...), but hope for a return to something more in the style of the first big barbarian campaign.
I agree. The last DLC felt kidna wrong. I liked the story, but the gameplay was unfun. Sacrificing your units fpr Ressources felt like wasteful play. Story and gameplaywise the first campaign was the best, the others were good, but not as good as falir
euramer

Post by euramer »

In the last DLC, playing as the warband leader of a cannibals tribe was for me fun, with the added flavor of being on the loosing "indians" side against the bad colonist. The different strategies to employ were also new. All in all a good DLC with some twisted humor.
bedifa
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by bedifa »

Hey, I didn't like the last DLC neither
Last edited by zakblood on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: banned
houndo
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by houndo »

I enjoyed the DLC. Looking forward to the next Campaign where an explorer lands on a distant continent in the middle of an all out war between Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins, etc. Has to choose allies or conquer on their own.
doc99
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by doc99 »

The game is excellant and I would also like to know what the future DLCs are in the works--thanks
xxup
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by xxup »

Another DLC for me too please.. Like the others, the Lizard thing didn't do it for me..
HerrKaLeu

Post by HerrKaLeu »

It is time to invade the other continents of Aer. My Legions are ready!

When will a new DLC come out?
Best regards,
Herr KaLeu
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

It wont.

According to Steam threads the game will have no more new content and it seems affirmed by the developers.

Really bad news IMO.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

WarHomer wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:39 pm It wont.

According to Steam threads the game will have no more new content and it seems affirmed by the developers.

Really bad news IMO.
Which thread? They just comfirmed that there is an announcement awaiting few days ago in Discord.
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

WarHomer wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:55 pm https://steamcommunity.com/app/1025440/ ... 531/?ctp=5

Somewhere in this thread.
I see. They just metioned "unable to reach the agreement for new DLC release". Still, they already have made some progress for it, which means it is more possibly a problem of time, not the halt of whole project.
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

I understand from the thread that they have moved on to another publisher and have started work on a completely new (and different) game.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

WarHomer wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:31 am I understand from the thread that they have moved on to another publisher and have started work on a completely new (and different) game.
They "are" working on a different title with a different publisher, not "moved to another one".
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

"We have unfortunately not been able to come to an agreement with the Publisher on further DLCs for now.
But we are working on a new game for another publisher with greatly expanded meta game play and based on an established tactical rpg IP."

Page 3...
Bee1976

Post by Bee1976 »

No new DLC would be really sad!

The game feels "unfinished" storywise :/
impossible
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by impossible »

slitherine is going down fast, all the upcoming titles are crap except the MoM remake and even that looks bad - and the old ones are abandoned, fantasy general ii was probably the best project.

sad story, they were the last publisher who released decent games, the gaming industry is dead. not surprised activision sold itself, this whole industry has crashed, run out of steam.
HerrKaLeu

Post by HerrKaLeu »

impossible wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:47 pm slitherine is going down fast, all the upcoming titles are crap except the MoM remake and even that looks bad - and the old ones are abandoned, fantasy general ii was probably the best project.

sad story, they were the last publisher who released decent games, the gaming industry is dead. not surprised activision sold itself, this whole industry has crashed, run out of steam.
Yeah, unfortunately you seem to be right. A good opportunity for some great DLCs missed...
Best regards,
Herr KaLeu
euramer

Post by euramer »

by HerrKaLeu » 23 Apr 2022 20:38

impossible wrote: ↑06 Mar 2022 15:47
slitherine is going down fast, all the upcoming titles are crap except the MoM remake and even that looks bad - and the old ones are abandoned, fantasy general ii was probably the best project.

Yeah, unfortunately you seem to be right. A good opportunity for some great DLCs missed...

I disagree: There are a lots of good titles in Slitherine like Panzer General II, with the 1943 DLC released the 26/5, Warhammer if you prefer fantasy. Ok, it is sad that Fantasy General don't seem to go further, but I am sure that there will be its cousin, or better, may be already in the making.

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”