New tournament open for Fantasy General II

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

New tournament open for Fantasy General II

Post by AlbertoC »

A new tournament is now open for Fantasy General II.

It is a 3 rounds tournament, each featuring a unique map with different and varied victory conditions. Expect to face new tactical situations and to fight on scenarios never seen before in the single player campaign.

The first round will begin on Monday November 30, and each round will last one week. By the end of the tournament the first three players in the ranking will receive a prize: the champion will receive a $25 discount voucher for the Slitherine store, while the players who end second and third in the final ranking will receive $15 and $5 discount vouchers respectively.

You can join now by clicking here. Our automated tournament system will notify you by mail when a round is starting, and when it'll be your time to submit your turn.
Vize
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: New tournament open for Fantasy General II

Post by Vize »

Hi i am as "Vize" with "RTH" in round 3. RTH has in second round 21 units an double moira and mara, so 4 charakters with star, besides other pegasi and archers....how the hell is that possible????

Greetings
Vize

Post by Vize »

OK Guys, what kind of joke is that, nor is he playing in the beginning with 21 chars, he told me he plays 28 chars... and again with 4x stars chars...Well who was designing this? This is no fun, and i consider stop playing.
trashplayer218

Post by trashplayer218 »

Well, it is possible to grab duplicate heroes. Some of them can also take retinue skills, giving extra units.
The setting of the map merits 5 starting levels to heroes, so it is more economical to pick a lot of them and take retinues in mass.
Your opponent does not really cheat but simply take advantage of the format, even if it is likely an design oversight.
I accept the same mechanic, personally take advantage of it, and do not fault others for doing the same.
Vize

Post by Vize »

Again, to be clearly....It was said not more than 20 units on start. For me this mechanic you explained ist absolutly not clear. Under such circumstances a tournament is a joke for me. I do not complain my opponent, but i doo complain the design of this wohle thing.
trashplayer218

Post by trashplayer218 »

There is a difference between unit count and supplies. Summons, mercenaries, and retinues don't cost supplies.
A duo of both Macra and Moira for example costs only 8 supplies. Moira can get 8 squads and Macra 2 for retinues.
Their retinues however don't count, so it can total [9(Moira)+3(Macra)]*2 = 24 units.
Keep in mind, anything but Macra's riders are of low quality. They can be countered with less resources by each faction.
Magic damage slaughter skeletons in mass. Riders don't do much if their charges are broken.
The heroes are missing a lot of their functions they otherwise may possess.

To be fair, most multiplayer games have little exploits like this. In your case, I can imagine your frustration though.
Being deterministic and quite rigid rock-paper-scissor by design, it is easy to not have a fighting chance if caught off-guard.

If you still want to get some value from MP, here is some tips:
1. Save some money for recruitment in map
2. Hire mercenaries
3. Buy fast units early for capturing
4. Use expendable units to scout, take ambushes and defensive fires
5. Don't take fights that can't be won, run
Vize

Post by Vize »

In the end, it doesn´t matter, if those units are in single not very strong, your are just totally outnumbered and your opponent can go anywhere on the map to get the sweet points for further more boni. If you are not familiar with this, you feel very very upset and in my case i lost every last drop of motivation. I really do not believe, that´s the best possible idea for a tournament. Round 1 an 2 were fun, loosing and winning always the feeling of suspense. Round 3: WTF!
trashplayer218

Post by trashplayer218 »

I know. Skirmish is quite metagaming heavy, so new players are at a certain disadvantage here.
It is still very possible to get an oppressive match with set pieces though as those are not
necessarily well designed.
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

trashplayer218 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:20 pm I know. Skirmish is quite metagaming heavy, so new players are at a certain disadvantage here.
It is still very possible to get an oppressive match with set pieces though as those are not
necessarily well designed.
Hey there!

You finished in 2nd place and therefore won a prize. Please PM me to claim it.

If anyone else is reading this and was a winner but has not yet claimed your prize, please PM me.

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”