Fantasy General II - v1.2.12654 Update

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Fantasy General II - v1.2.12654 Update

Post by AlbertoC »

We're releasing a new update for Fantasy General II, a minor one this time, but the team is hard at work on exciting new content and it won't take long before we're able to show you more, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, do let us know what you think of this update. As usual your feedback is valuable.

Changelog:

• Fix for Spot Syie dialog in "The Dragon Isles" not being displayed if Syie is spotted right after finishing deployment
• Fixed not correctly triggered lose condition in "Stop the invasion!" if Moira or Filos die
• In "Battle of Hebros" only essential heroes need to reach the exit zone (no hero upgraded from a normal unit)
• If the Mage Tower was placed in "Theme" this would lead to a crash on map start
• Fixed the issue when losing your main hero and killing your main objective would still continue the game.
• Harpies can now be upgraded to Harpy Bombers
• Fixed the issue that you lose supply when continuing as Filos in the Empire Aflame campaign and supply has been skilled. Does not retroactively fix the issue.
ZeCid
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Fantasy General II - v1.2.12654 Update

Post by ZeCid »

Now i don't get anymore empire units on maps, campaigns or skirmish. Some undead or heroes on campaigns.
I tried reinstall, clear the cache, with or without DLC.
It started immediatly after the game downloaded the update.
War is like hunting, except rabbits shot you back
Wercho
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Wercho »

I get the same bug as ZeCid. I was on the Invasion campaign, Iseal mission. The neutrals guarding the caves, and some Iseal town garrison units exist but the main force guarding the towers is just gone. Also, there are no reinforcements.

I'm currently playing a new campaign to see if the issue is only with saved campaigns or not, but it takes a few missions to see if it is happening or not.
OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by OBG_primetide »

This is a bug we, unfortunately, introduced with the latest patch. Until a patch can be released, the only workaround is to use the Steam version, which offers a beta channel containing the new build.
Right click on the game in your library.
Go to the Betas tab.
Activate Beta from the drop-down menu.
This will work until we releas the patch.
Making Fantasy General 2
Wercho

Post by Wercho »

Can you clarify if the bug applied to only old campaigns, or new campaigns also? I've been playing a new campaign, and it seems like it's been fine so far. But I'm wondering if its actually been easier than it should have been (I'm curious whether I've been playing at the stated difficulty, or an accidentally lower one.) Thanks for working on a patch.
OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by OBG_primetide »

The bug appears whenever a catapult unit would be spawned - that will happen only in maps where Empire units are present and it can spawn "freely", so mostly in later arts of Invasion and middle parts of Empire Aflame.
Making Fantasy General 2
Chris21wen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris21wen »

Unable to complete download, keep getting cannot be verified message. However I've noticed the bugs in the patch so I'll not bother any further attempts until they are fixed.

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”