So this is the Editor that was advertised?

Fantasy General II - Invasion is the reimagination of the strategy game classic from the 90s!

Armies once again draw battle-lines on the war-torn land of Keldonia, and a new generation of commanders will test their bravery and tactics against each other. Fantasy wargaming is back!
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

So this is the Editor that was advertised?

Post by Rosseau »

In more than 30 years of playing wargames, including 95% of Matrix releases, I cannot remember coming across a clumsier, more poorly documented editor. For a Matrix release that says the game includes an "editor," the current state of it is unacceptable, imo.

I know a couple of hardy souls on Steam have actually made maps using this thing. Unless the application is bugged on my machine, show this idiot, step by step, how to place an open tile on a new map.

I am undoubtedly missing the obvious here. However, I have used 200 map editors over the years, and have not run into an app like this that makes SSI's Kampgruppe series of editors look modern and sleek by comparison.

Sorry for the rant, but I am old and largely disappointed in Matrix on this. :(
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: So this is the Editor that was advertised?

Post by athineos »

Check out Aggressors: Ancient Rome if you are interested in the Ancient Era. This game has a lot of content and depth as well as a Random Map Generator and map editor. I just bought the game and I am very impressed. It also has an excellent manual and Tutorial. In all faireness, its not Matrix, but the Design Team of FG II that needs to get things together. I hope the upcoming DLC will correct a lot of the deficiencies and lack of content the game has to offer at this time.
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

I second buying Aggressors: Ancient Rome. It is one of the best Matrix/Slitherine games I have ever purchased. I'm playing it right now. I come back to it over and over after a couple of months layoff.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Yes, got Aggressors on release day and gave it a well-deserved positive review on Steam more recently.

FGII's latest patch, I cannot play the game, even skirmish. The dev and I have agreed I will come back in several months, but he did not offer to give me my money back. :mrgreen:

Return to “Fantasy General II - Invasion”