Warfare 2021 Entries

A forum to post news about tournaments around the world. Please post any such messages here!

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Ghaznavid, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

grahambriggs
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Warfare 2021 Entries

Post by grahambriggs »

Hello all, I've been able to get a list of the entries for the FoG competition this year (below). Could you please all CHECK YOU HAVE ENTERED AND HAVE NOT ENTERED TWICE. Any issues, refunds etc required please do that via the the Reading club website as I have no way of doing that on your behalf I'm afraid.

Also, Dave Ruddock has kindly agreed to do the scores and draws. Most people will know that David Mather has done it previously but there's no real need for that and it allows David to play in a competition. The theme, rules and so on are identical to Warfare 2020 which you will find in last year's turnament announcement here (and should also be on the Reading website). Remember it's a handicap approach so you may have 800, 850 or 900 points. Steve Murton is list checking and will shortly tell you the revised day by which you need to get your lists in.

The list is:

Paul Bartlett
Steve Brown
Paul Westmore
Jon Akers x2 (Jon I think you may have entered twice?)
Paul Robinson
Terry Shaw
Graham Briggs
Jean Pullen (for Keith I assume?)
Duncan Thompson x2 (Duncan have you entered twice?)
Brian Espie
Peter Dalby
David Fairbrother
Philip Jelley
David Fairhurst x2 (no doubt the lovely Lynda)
Sheila Patrick x 2 (for John presumably. John I wonder if you might have bought a ticket for Dave Morrison? But he's bought two as well!)
Dave Morrison x2 (Dave see above comment for John; have you double booked?)
Martyn Simpson x 2 (I assume the second is for Owain?)
Renfrey Pearson
Steve Murton
Phil Powell
Peter Card
Graham Roberts
Dave Ruddock
David Bannister
Ian Carbutt
Bob Medcraft
notrum
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Warfare 2021 Entries

Post by notrum »

Army lists need to be with me by 12th November 2021.

From the emails I have seen, Ali Shaw and Martyn Brawn are added to the list giving us 30 entries, with 1 spare ticket and a question over Duncan's two tickets?

Steve
grahambriggs

Post by grahambriggs »

A quick update on entries. There's been some double ordering and some people (Duncan Thompson - 2 tickets - and Phil Powell) now can't come and have offered up their tickets free of charge. And Dave Morrison/Jon Patrick have one spare between them. I've emailed the organisers to check if they have a waiting list for FoG, but if you know anyone who might like to come could you please have a word and see if they are interested. So as of now we have coming:

Paul Bartlett
Steve Brown
Paul Westmore
Jon Akers
Martyn Brawn
Paul Robinson
Terry Shaw
Graham Briggs
Jean Pullen (for Keith I assume?)
Brian Espie
Peter Dalby
David Fairbrother
Philip Jelley
David Fairhurst
Lynda Fairhurst
Jon Patrick
Dave Morrison
Martyn Simpson
Owain Simpson
Renfrey Pearson
Steve Murton
Phil Powell
Peter Card
Graham Roberts
Dave Ruddock
David Bannister
Ian Carbutt
Bob Medcraft

So 28 + 4 spare tickets
grahambriggs

Post by grahambriggs »

All, I've not been able to contact anyone in charge of the Warfare tournament organisation - they are not responding to me on grounds of data protection.

So, if you have bought a ticket for someone else could you email to tournaments@wargamesreading.co.uk to let them know, and I suggest copy the other person in just so they can bring proof to the event. That way, everyone who is coming will get a name badge on entry (assuming they are doing that this year). Also, Duncan Thompson and Phil Powell you have told me that you can't come and are happy to give your tickets away. I've had no takers and (given they won't deal with me) no way to transfer the tickets anyway. So can I suggest you drop that email address a line to get a refund.

I think those that have bought for others are:

Sheila Patrick for Jon Patrick and Dave Morrison
Dave Morrison for Ali Shaw
David Fairhurst for Lynda
Jon Akers for Martyn Brawn
Martyn Simpson for Owain.

Could you also please reply to this just to confirm you have contacted the organisers.

Many thanks, Graham
azrael86
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by azrael86 »

Yes. Though they haven't bothered to respond. Typical deliberate misunderstanding of legislation. Do they work in government I wonder?

Regards
Jon
NarsesofByzantium
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by NarsesofByzantium »

Formerly AlexandersChiefEunuch, I am now back on the forum as NarsesofByzantium. My IT consultant (azrael86) suspects I fell foul of GDPR in not being able to access my former account. Let's hope there are not too many more such problems as I'm running out of testicularly-challenged historical figures to provide me with user names.

Cheers
Martyn (Brawn)
peteratjet
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by peteratjet »

Who is the list checker? What is the deadline?

I thought I had missed it, then realised that was 23rd October 2020. Still, only a year and a bit late..

Peter
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Steve Murton is the list checker. The deadline is the 12th November 2021.

Steve's email address is s.murton596@btinternet.com
Pete

Return to “Tournaments”