Roll Call 2022 - 2/3 April, Cranfield ..is (finally) on sale!

A forum to post news about tournaments around the world. Please post any such messages here!

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Ghaznavid, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Roll Call 2022 - 2/3 April, Cranfield ..is (finally) on sale!

Post by madaxeman »

After a 2-year hiatus, and a bit of additional delay to wait and see if any new restrictions on events in England might have been introduced over the festive period, Roll Call is celebrating being back in its usual timeslot and regular Holywell School venue in Cranfield over the weekend of April 2nd and 3rd 2022.

Details and booking information for all periods is now available on the BHGS Website https://www.bhgs.org.uk/roll-call.html

As you will no doubt be aware space at the Holywell School is finite and so the competitons at Roll Call regularly sell out, meaning we need to set initial targets & limits for each period, and juggle them a little as bookings come in to try and ensure that all of our periods have the opportunity to achieve viable minimum numbers.

If by the time you come to book, your preferred period is showing as sold out don't panic ! This year we've set up a booking option for "Waitlist" tickets where you can request a "free" ticket for the "Waitlist" for your chosen period or ruleset, allowing us to contact you as and when further tickets become available. In prior years we have been able to offer tickets to everyone who has put their name down for the Waitlist, and (for obvious reasons) it seems highly likely that some early-bookers will end up unable to attend this year too, so we hope to again be in a position to offer places to everyone who wishes to attend.

The Covid Stuff:
We are currently working on the assumption that there will be no additional social distancing requirements compared to previous editions of Roll Call, however if any new regulations are imposed between now and April which impact how the event can be staged players will be required to comply with them as a condition of entry, or will be offered a refund if they do not wish to participate. If Roll Call cannot be safely or legally staged at all we will refund everyone (again!) and look to return in 2023.
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Re: Roll Call 2022 - 2/3 April, Cranfield ..is (finally) on sale!

Post by philqw78 »

To Save a click:

Theme: Southern & Eastern Medieval – 800 AP, 6 x 4 tables. Book 3 armies and allies below:
Early Hungarian
Taifa Andalusian
Medieval Spanish and Portuguese
Italo-Norman and Sicilian
Communal Italian
Komnenan Byzantine
Crusader
Ayyubid Egyptian
Mongol Conquest
Teutonic Knights
Mamluk Egyptian
Ottoman Turkish
Later Serbian
Later Polish
Catalan Company
Condotta Italian
Hussite
Later Hungarian
Santa Hermandad Nueva Castilian

Allies can only come from the above list plus those below:
Albanian
Anatolian
Cilician Armenian
Early Serbian
Granadine
Later Byzantine
Later Russian
Medieval Frisian or Free Canton
Moldavian or Wallachian
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
philqw78

Re: Roll Call - Condotta Italian Ally List

Post by philqw78 »

The Condotta Italian Allies list in Book 3 page 105 has Troop Name error on the first line.

The words “Mercenary Men-at-Arms” should be deleted and replaced with “Elmeti”

The allied list now makes sense as previous to this it did not force the player to take any compulsory troops, and an internal ally was compulsory. With minima and maxima used subtracted from the main list minima and maxima it meant you had to take 15 Knight bases minimum unless you were Venice Outside Italy

I discussed this with Terry, he agreed, and this is how I will rule lists for Roll Call as it is one of the few available lists
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
philqw78

Later Hungarian List Error

Post by philqw78 »

Book 3 Page 132, Table Later Hungarian, optional troops, third column, three(4) consecutive lines

Clipeati, armati and supporting archers, light foot supporting archers only;
Separately deployed foot archers, both MF and LF;
Peasants :–
In all four instances replace protected with unprotected

I haven’t asked Terry, I’m sure he’s too busy! But this is how I will adjudicate Later Hungarian at Roll Call
phil
notrum
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by notrum »

Phil
When do you need the lists in.
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Army lists by 23 March please
phil

Return to “Tournaments”