Page 5 of 6

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:15 am
by titanu
peteratjet wrote:I'm staying in Milton Keynes on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th.
What have you done to deserve such punishment?
peteratjet wrote:Is anybody else going to be around in the evening for the odd beer?
Is it that bad?

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:55 am
by philqw78
peteratjet wrote:I'm staying in Milton Keynes on Friday 6th and Saturday 7th. Is anybody else going to be around in the evening for the odd beer and a meal?
Myself and Mr Ruddock arrive Friday. We are staying close to the venue in Cranfield. I think Dave likes a beer. I can take it or leave it. Honest.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:26 pm
by andy63
peteratjet wrote:Found it, but ...

... my WotR Yorkists also have 14BG
Your right on rechecking your list it is 14 but i made the mistake of not actually counting your BG up but going on were it says 12 cos u numbered then incorrectly!!!

Andy

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:30 pm
by andy63
philqw78 wrote:There is a 'possible' mistake. I put down for heavy metal with Mamluks. Would not be a problem other than me and Dave Ruddock are in the same team.

Keith is in the late period with Bedouin Dynasty, Their latest is Mazayaids who end in 1150. So I suppose its possible and the only other place they will fit is Horse archer period.
Sorry Phil but not many players indicate which period they are in when submitting there lists i do not have the entry details i just check the lists.
I taken yours for the Horse archer period sorry. just drop Mr morgan a line im sure it will not be a problem.

Andy

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:36 pm
by andy63
davesaunders23 wrote:will the runners and riders be put up? are they already up somewhere else?

ta
There will be but its the same old problem of players submitting late lists on me, i do most of the list checking for most of the comps and it is a problem what needs addressing, Mainly the same people what submit late lists and its not Bloody fair on me or other players what are on time.. Anyway thats my ranting done lol hope you all have a great weekend sadly i cant make it,im at Wembly on Saturday watching the mighty Mansfield town beating Darlington in the FA Trophy Final.

Andy

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:51 pm
by david53
andy63 wrote:
davesaunders23 wrote:will the runners and riders be put up? are they already up somewhere else?

ta
There will be but its the same old problem of players submitting late lists on me, i do most of the list checking for most of the comps and it is a problem what needs addressing, Mainly the same people what submit late lists and its not Bloody fair on me or other players what are on time.. Anyway thats my ranting done lol hope you all have a great weekend sadly i cant make it,im at Wembly on Saturday watching the mighty Mansfield town beating Darlington in the FA Trophy Final.

Andy
Thanks for doing the lists again, hope you have a good weekend at Wembly, and your team does well. :D

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:49 am
by squiggie
HI

Was late entry, hence I seem to be missed off R & R. However will be down and bringing two armies as requested to act as spare to whichever period needs numbers.

Neil

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 am
by david53
squiggie wrote:HI

Was late entry, hence I seem to be missed off R & R. However will be down and bringing two armies as requested to act as spare to whichever period needs numbers.

Neil
Which armies are you bringing then...

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:58 am
by Robert241167
Does anyone know the game times?

Rob

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:08 am
by titanu
Robert241167 wrote:Does anyone know the game times? Rob
Saturday Check-In 08:15 - 09:00
Briefing 09:00 - 09:15
Round 1 09:15 - 13:00
Round 2 14:00 - 17:45

Sunday Round 3 09:00 - 12:45
Round 4 13:30 - 17:15
Prize Giving 17:30 - 17:45

So the halifax men should be away by 5:15 on Sunday!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:16 am
by Robert241167
Cheers Bob

The groups are so small that even we may have to stay for a trophy !! LOL

Rob

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:20 am
by Robert241167
Although Roger does seem to like us losing our last games within 90 minutes so we may be gone by 3pm !! :lol:

Rob

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:24 am
by squiggie
Principate Roman and Free company, depends where needed most.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 am
by titanu
Robert241167 wrote:Cheers Bob The groups are so small that even we may have to stay for a trophy !! LOL Rob
They may be small but the quality is there:
Ian Mackay: Later Sicillian 11BG
Robert Taylor: Santa Helmandad Castillian 13BG - is that like in the mayonnaise
Lynda Fairhurst: Swiss 16BG
Keith Martin Smith : Bedouin Dynasties 17BG
Terry Shaw: Later Serbian 13BG
Jim Simpson : Catalan Company 11BG
Harrison Pearce : Orddannace French 12BG
Simon Hall: Christian Nubian (Floater) 17BG

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:46 am
by philqw78
titanu wrote:Santa Helmandad Castillian 13BG - is that like in the mayonnaise
Its the Afghani version

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:50 am
by titanu
philqw78 wrote:
titanu wrote:Santa Helmandad Castillian 13BG - is that like in the mayonnaise
Its the Afghani version
Thats nasty you might get shot in the Kabul area!
Like the famous incident where the British general Elphinstone who lead(?) the retreat from Kabul dropped his pistol and it went off shooting him in the buttocks. According to Flashman he was trying to blow his brains out but missed!

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:25 am
by david53
titanu wrote:
So the halifax men should be away by 5:15 on Sunday!
:) :) :)

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:45 am
by rogerg
This Halifax man remembers Roll Call last year. I waited for a trophy. Rob waited for his, and then they gave it to someone else!

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:54 pm
by titanu
I hope my untimely dissapearence from the 25mm comp did not cause problems. There was a problem at work and the chap who was on call was ill.
Bob

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:08 pm
by dave_r
Results were I think:

Roman period
1. Graham Briggs
2. Graham Evans
3. Simon Hall

Lack of Horse Archers
1. Wayne Dare
2. Jon Akers
3. Dave Ruddock

Heavy Metal
1. Phil Powell
2. Keith Martin-Smith
3. Harrison Pearce

25mm
1. Steve Hacker

Can't remember who was second or third. Richard Collins was one of them.

Titanu not turning up, at least meant I won the predictions quiz, so it wasn't all bad.