The Worlds 2014 - let's get started

A forum to post news about tournaments around the world. Please post any such messages here!

Moderators: hammy, Ghaznavid, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: The Worlds 2014 - let's get started

Post by petedalby » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:05 pm

Could some helpful soul provide a link please?
Hopefully this should be it:

http://www.tabletopturniere.de/t3_tourn ... &tid=10482

And in full:

The Worlds 2014 - FoG:AM - Information and Rules

Time
Friday, August 15th, 12:00
Until
Sunday, August 17th, 18:00

Place
Rhein-Mosel-Halle
Julius-Wegeler-Str. 4
56068 Koblenz, Germany

Rules
• 800 points per army, 15mm, 1MU = 1Inch, Open tournament, all official lists permitted
• There will 6 rounds to be played. Random draw in the first round, avoiding players from the same club or country playing each other if possible.
In adition we will try to have round 1 and also round 2 setup with historical opponents as close as possible. After this, round 3 - 6 will bet created using Swiss system

Timetable:
Friday: 13:30 to 17:00 and 17:30 to 21:00
Saturday: 09:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 17:00
Sunday: 09:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 17:00
• Playtime: 3,5 hours. When time is called the current round shall be finished, excluding the Joint Action Phase (so no JAP in the last round)
• We will use the 25-0 system (incl. tenth) for the tournament ranking
• Please send your registrations incl. your army list (with order of march) to martin@fieldofglory.de
• Players have to supply their own terrain
• Deadline: July 15th, 2014

Participation fee

• The participation fee for the FoG-tournament is 50,00 €
It needs to be remitted until April 30th, 2014, then the price is reduced to 40 €.
Otherwise it needs to be paid latest until July 31th, 2014

• Payment can be done via Paypal, please use the following link: (needs to be done)

• The registration is valid after the bank transfer is completed. If you encounter problems with using PayPal, please let me know.
We are planning a maximum of 64 players, and will use the method: “First come – first serve” on the registrations. Anybody coming late will be added to a waiting list
• Entrance to the venue itself is free for tournament players, otherwise it will cost 5 € for the weekend

Catering

During the whole venue there is a catering available at the venue.
Drinks and snacks are available there for a small price.

Please do not bring in your own drinks to the venue.

I've added the Bold - an interesting twist on the draw. I wonder who the Mayans will get?
Pete

madaxeman
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by madaxeman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:09 pm

petedalby wrote:...dates and options are disclosed - the number of BGs and Allies are not. Having them in advance saves delay at the table whilst you look up what the differences are.
At an event held in Germany, I suspect that most of us will be doing well to remember what army we are even facing all the way through to the end of the game .... :wink:
http://www.madaxeman.com
Become a fan of Madaxeman on Facebook at Madaxeman.com's Facebook Page.

babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:33 pm

madaxeman wrote:
At an event held in Germany, I suspect that most of us will be doing well to remember what army we are even facing all the way through to the end of the game .... :wink:
This may be a real thing. As I recall from my last trip to Germany, beer was less expensive than water. We all need to make sure that we don't get too "thirsty" until after we have made it to the table for the second round of the day. Otherwise, the tournament might fall apart.

Marc

madaxeman

Post by madaxeman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:35 am

Having just undergone a mock medieval beer sampler evening with Mr Hazlewood, I have no idea what you are worried about!
http://www.madaxeman.com
Become a fan of Madaxeman on Facebook at Madaxeman.com's Facebook Page.

zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by zoltan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:09 am

babyshark wrote: This may be a real thing. As I recall from my last trip to Germany, beer was less expensive than water. We all need to make sure that we don't get too "thirsty" until after we have made it to the table for the second round of the day. Otherwise, the tournament might fall apart.

Marc
Well since you can recall, that suggests the beer was not only cheaper than water but also weaker! :oops:
Unless, of course you were on a restricted beer diet.... :shock:

davidandlynda
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by davidandlynda » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:13 am

The Mayans have a cunning plan, since there is currently an odd number that should give them a bye with no historical opponents :) , they will end up playing with themselves :oops: mind you I will probably still lose
David

Martin0112
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Martin0112 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:55 pm

OK, I was one day offline, and hundreds of new posts... I like this!
Some answers:
The starting time: We open the gates at 12:00 CEST, so you all have enough time to get to the venue, check out who else is tehe and maybe have one beer or 2
At 1:00 pm the event will be opened officially with me holding a long-lasting speech of 30 minutes, before the games start.
On Friday we have plenty of time, so no need to hurry.
At the venue we will have a bar selling beer and other drings, but also small snacks like burgers or sinilar (I have not seen the menu yet), so nobody will be thirsty or hungry.

I want to have some words about having an odd number of players.
The FoG-AM-tournament is most likely having an odd number, as we have one player being able to play FoG-AM and FoG-R, so at least one event will have an even number of players.
For this, we have a plan how to deal with the situation:
As there is one player each round having no opponent, we will have 6 players in total.
These 6 players will be selected before the tournament (for sure coming from the local players) and the play 3 games (1 game each player) the day before the tournament following the official rules.
These games will be counted into the tournament, and so each player will have 6 games in total.
If the number of players is even, the games will not be counted oficially, and are 'only' training games.
We are using this since years on tournaments with odd number of players and it's working great.
So, no chance for you to hope for a bye :)

babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Martin0112 wrote: At 1:00 pm the event will be opened officially with me holding a long-lasting speech of 30 minutes, before the games start.
Gaaaaahhhhhh! :shock:

Perhaps three or four beers will be needed.
As there is one player each round having no opponent, we will have 6 players in total.
These 6 players will be selected before the tournament (for sure coming from the local players) and the play 3 games (1 game each player) the day before the tournament following the official rules.
These games will be counted into the tournament, and so each player will have 6 games in total.
If the number of players is even, the games will not be counted oficially, and are 'only' training games.
We are using this since years on tournaments with odd number of players and it's working great.
So, no chance for you to hope for a bye :)
That sounds like a good way to deal with the problem of byes.

Marc

petedalby

Post by petedalby » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:40 pm

OK, I was one day offline, and hundreds of new posts... I like this
Fabulous - thanks for the response Martin.

Would you mind just clarifying the end of game sequence please? Here it is again:
It then says 'current round shall be finished' when time is called.

Is this the individual player turn or the final pair of bounds (excluding the JAP) - so that both players have an equal number of turns?
Thanks
Pete

Martin0112
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Martin0112 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Well, yes, I can.
When the end of the game is called, it will be played before the next JAP-phase, no matter which turn it is.
If the end of the game is called during the JAP, no new turn will bestarted, but JAP will be completed.

petedalby

Post by petedalby » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Perfect - very clear - thanks Martin.
Pete

petedalby

Post by petedalby » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Looks like we've lost a French Ordonnance and gained a Western Hun?

Change of army or change of player?
Pete

davidandlynda

Post by davidandlynda » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:50 am

So much better than French ordinance :D
David

Return to “Tournaments”