Event at Oxford 6/7 June - 25mm

A forum to post news about tournaments around the world. Please post any such messages here!

Moderators: hammy, Ghaznavid, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

tjelsworth
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Event at Oxford 6/7 June - 25mm

Post by tjelsworth » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:06 am

All,

we have got the weekend of 6/7 June booked at the Oxford Wargames Club hall for a FOGR/FOGAM event and have in mind a 25mm weekend.

Idea is to make it completely open covering the full set of armies for both rules so as to give as many people as possible chance to field an army. the rules used would be FOGR and the only limit would be no chariots allowed. It would be necessary for people using FOGAM armies to interpret troop categories appropriately but this does not seem problematic and can be at the discretion of the list checker to approve. I guess we would go for 650 points with a view to getting 4 games in at a relaxed pace.

Any thoughts? Any interest?

Looking forward to comments.

same message posted to FOGAM section of forum

Tom

lionheartrjc
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Event at Oxford 6/7 June - 25mm

Post by lionheartrjc » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:39 am

Definitely interested.

If you wish to use this approach, how about sub-dividing the first two rounds between A&M armies and Renaissance armies such that an A&M army cannot play a Ren army in these rounds. Then go to a full swiss-chess system in the last two rounds. This might encourage some better match-ups.

Would also recommend that all artillery in A&M armies is classified as "Poor" - but that is a minor detail.

tjelsworth

Post by tjelsworth » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:59 am

Richard,

good to hear from you. I have put your name on my little list.

Like the idea of dividing the first two rounds up - so far as we can anyway (and not too much of an issue when the two periods meet/overlap?).

Ditto A&M artillery - adopted.

Tom

tjelsworth

Post by tjelsworth » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Dear all,

Ben and I had a run through last night between TYW French and Late Republican Roman. Ben won of course but more to the point we noted no severe glitches in the plan to have FOGAM/R games to R rules.

There are a few wrinkles which I list below as special rules for the competition (comments welcome!!):-

FOGR heavy lance to be used for gens d'armes equivalents - say from 1400 onwards
FOGR keils apply to AM pike blocks from the introduction of Pikes into the Swiss armies
FOGAM impact foot who use heavy throwing weapon (legions, Spanish) will take the points of impact foot plus bayonet/swordsmen but count as having light spear versus mounted and straight impact foot versus foot
Undrilled AM HF/MF will count as warrior
Slingers will count as bows with long range limited to 4 MUs
Compulsory fortified camps need not be bought
AM artillery counts as poor
AM type "protected" and "unprotected" both count as unarmoured
AM spear armed mounted will count as light lance
Terrain and deployment:
use 15mm terrain, 1 compulsory plus 1 to 3 optional
AM developed counts as agricultural
deploy and flank sections 15mm distances and baggae shall be full width but half depth (tables will be 4' by 6'

I think that was all. For now anyway

I have copied this from the FOGR area.

Tom

Return to “Tournaments”