Astra Exodus - Watch the Combat Trailer

Astra Exodus is a single player turn based Sci-fi 4X strategy game inspired by the classics, with a multiple choice narrative driven epic campaign, top down real time tactical battles and an extensive semi-randomized research grid.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Astra Exodus - Watch the Combat Trailer

Post by AlbertoC »

We just published a new trailer for Astra Exodus.

It showcases tactical battles, which you fight in pauseable real time. They are fast paced and immediate, and incredibly fun.

Astra Exodus is due out on January 30. Are you ready?
Temple
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Astra Exodus - Watch the Combat Trailer

Post by Temple »

I've watched the trailer and read the manual but I'm still confused about a few aspects of combat and ship design.

Now I believe I understand that I can issue commands to a ship or group of ships, most likely while paused, like Halt, Retreat or Hunt Strikecraft. I can also activate Active abilities, like Weapon Overload. What other commands can I issue to individual ships? Can I direct it to turn and head to a certain point? Can I tell it to target specific enemy ships? I guess I'm asking about how much control do I have over any specific ship.

Also, I know from reading the manual that I when I design a ship I assign a Combat Tactic to it, per the following from the manual...
Once you have selected a Class and installed all the required modules you will still need to select a name and most importantly Combat Tactic. This setting defines the behavior a ship will
have when given an attack order against any target. There are 4 different battle tactics in the game: Engage, Assault, Harass and Disengage.
Now, is it possible during a combat to change that Combat Tactic? For instance, switch from Engage to Harass? Or is that Combat Tactic I assigned to the ship permanent?

Finally, is it possible to modify an already constructed ship? In other words, if I've buit, say, a Titan and some turns later I'm not happy with the weapon I've assigned to a mount, is it possible to modify/upgrade the ship to change the loadout in that mount? Or do I just change the design and build a new ship and possibly deconstruct the first ship?

Return to “Astra Exodus”