Open Borders Treaty and Outposts

Astra Exodus is a single player turn based Sci-fi 4X strategy game inspired by the classics, with a multiple choice narrative driven epic campaign, top down real time tactical battles and an extensive semi-randomized research grid.
Teppic
No Rank
No Rank

Open Borders Treaty and Outposts

Post by Teppic »

The topic arose initially from here:
viewtopic.php?f=589&t=97278&p=835592#p835729
fnt wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:56 pm So the only way to prevent them from colonising in "my" systemns is putting an outpost on every colonisable planet.
Maybe the AI should be a little bit more reluctant to spam outposts everywhere. One ouptpost per system and preference for uninhabitable planets/astroids would lessen the problem.
The fastest way to claim planets is with an outpost. They are easy to produce but have and it can be done early on.
An outpost prevents other factions to claim a celestrial body (Planet, Asteroid field, Gas Giant) and enhances the capacity to explore and expand. A single outpost also claims a whole system for a faction even when it has more than one planet and impacts therefore the amount of systems which have an effect in diplomacy and the open/closed borders. When a faction ignores a closed border an settles an outpost/ a colony in already claimed system the diplomactic relation are impacted.
AtomicKaiser wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:44 pm Regarding the Xana system, you have an outpost on planet "Xana II", however it seems the planet "Xana I" was unoccupied when the Guardiands of the Seed colonized it. Even if you own the starsystem, other factions can still colonize unoccupied planets in it. If you do this to the AI, it will piss it off, but I guess the reverse is probably true too ;)
I may have missed it but I don´t think that there is an option to send the AI faction an official protest when this happens to the player. I would be nice and enhance the immersion in the galactic "Great Game" for territories when players could send a protest note to the AI which would put pressure on this AI faction to withdraw the outpost or to trigger an inter-galactic diplomatic border inicident in which the two involved factions suffer an (small?) diplomacy penalty with all factions which do not side with them.
What do you think?

Return to “Astra Exodus”