Can't Build Structures in Entire Province

Moderator: Pocus

w_michael
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Can't Build Structures in Entire Province

Post by w_michael » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:40 pm

As Egypt, I conquered all of the province of Ammonia but I was not able to get any of the regions to build a structure (the build time remained a dash instead of an integer). I kept all of the POPs on food production, thinking that I needed a certain number of POPs to begin the structure build process. Every time there was a POP increase in one of the regions I would transfer them all to infrastructure production, but they still couldn't start building any structure so I moved them back into food production. As you can see from the saved game, I kept trying this for a long time (many of the regions now have 8 POPs). This was happening in every region in the Ammonia province.

I then found out through trial and error what triggered the ability to build a structure in the province. I started with the first region, Ammon, and moved all of the POPs to infrastructure production and still couldn't build a structure. This time though, I left the POPs on infrastructure production. I then went to the second region, Asbytia, and moved all of the POPs to infrastructure and this time I could build a structure. I then went back to look at Ammon and the dash changed to a build time number automatically. I was then able to start building structures in all of the regions in Ammonia. You can't build a structure in the province until two regions in the province have POPs producing infrastructure.

This might not be a bug, as I see in the mouse-over popup in the infrastructure section that there is a "net provincial infrastructure production" value. If this is WAD then it was not obvious to me how it worked.

I am playing Steam version 1.3.4 (x 1000606). The zip file contains the saved game file and a couple of Windows information files. When loaded the saved game will have all of the POPs in Ammonia producing food, with no structure being built. You can play around with is as I described above.

EDIT: I read 6.2 in the manual again, and this could be part of the design. I like the idea of being able to pool infrastructure production within a poor province (which this is), but getting it kick-started took a while to figure out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qNe5mv ... sp=sharing
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns & Field of Glory series enthusiast

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: Can't Build Structures in Entire Province

Post by Pocus » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:27 am

I believe you are missing a key element of understanding, from your description. Are you checking the regions are producing a NET amount of infrastructure points from their population?
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

w_michael
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by w_michael » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:20 pm

If I load the saved game, and go the region of Ammon. All of the eight POPS are assigned to food production (for +13 food). When I move them all to infrastructure production (for +15 production) the Herbalist structure still has a dash for estimated completion time. It looks like my net regional infrastructure production is 15, yet I can't build anything. This is the same for every region in that province until I have at least two regions with concurrent infrastructure production, then structures can be built.

Maybe it is the -1 stockpile value causing the problem. I don't know how it became a negative value.

See the screenshot:
Herbalist.jpg
Herbalist.jpg (524.21 KiB) Viewed 133 times
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns & Field of Glory series enthusiast

Surt
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Surt » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:14 am

The provinces share the infra production and first when the sum of all regions infra exceed the upkeep you will build anything.

ps. if that does not make sense exchange province and region ...

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”