Multiplayer issue - AI changes my moves

Moderator: Pocus

Stones1985
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Multiplayer issue - AI changes my moves

Post by Stones1985 »

Playing a multiplayer game with a 3 day time turnaround. I missed a couple of turns as I was away on holiday so the AI did a couple of my turns. Fair enough.

But now I'm back it still seems to be interfering in my moves. It sets up builds I don't want like Training Grounds everywhere and then shifts everyone and their wife into the production and away from cash and culture. Means every turn I have to undo what the AI has tried to do and of course because the people have shifted during the end turn I've lost all the cash or culture they would have generated.

Any way of stopping this irritating AI action?
Hyding
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Multiplayer issue - AI changes my moves

Post by Hyding »

If nobody in your MP game filled you in I copied a recent post of mine about this down blow. And don't feel like the Lone Stranger about this, I have not played in many MP games but someone has brought up this question in half of them.

Going Idle In MP Games and AI Taking Control
Post by Hyding » 04 Oct 2021 19:46

In multiplayer game chat players occasionally ask questions about what happens when players go idle.

I must have found what (i think) I remember in the forums because I cannot find anything in the manual about it.

If anyone finds anything incorrect in the following or knows of something useful to add please post for us. And any links to a good source would also be helpful to sosme players,

As best I can recall:

1. If you do not submit a turn by the established turn limit time the turn will run with no updates or changes from you. You will show as idle in the next turn.

2. After three turns of this (or on the third turn?) the AI will take over your faction.

3. If your faction has not been completely eliminated you can return to the game in any later turn by selecting your faction in the MP screen in the active game section.

If you do return to a game after the AI takes over you will need to go to the province control screen for every province and reset the AI's building priorities and change them to no preference. It will do you no good to simply make your own choice region by region the game will over ride your selections and return to the AI's provincial settings if you do not manually turn each of them off.
Last edited by Hyding on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stones1985
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Multiplayer issue - AI changes my moves

Post by Stones1985 »

Thanks for the reply.

If the Ai does take control of your regions then the only way to stop it, as Hyding said, is to go into the province screen and set the building prioritiees to no preference. Then it will return to a position when you can make your own choices without the AI overriding them.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”