game and objectives huge discrepancy in ongoing game

Moderator: Pocus

IrishGuards
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

game and objectives huge discrepancy in ongoing game

Post by IrishGuards »

well its me hes talking about irish Guards so I have no problem with speaking up cause I have no idea how to cheat, let alone ever would, with that said he may have a point about the regions all being objectives. any1 ever come across this issue before ?? I have 15 games ongoing at least right now and just commented inside this game for all to look at the issue and then refer it to the moderators or admins .. with that being said any consensus the game group comes up with I will abide by immediately, yet that wont solve the actual problem as to why the goals he talks about .. I assume he means objectives here .. so lets find out how and why this happened and if its consistent eh ..

with that being said I DO mind greatly being labeled a cheater in any way shape or form !! under the circumstances though I can and do see his point, yet have no clue as to how or why this happened, and also if its happening in other games as well.
the game is no major players or greeks and I am Iberii ..

I will be posting this to the mods admins cause its an issue ..
any1 who would like to email me as to what the hell is going on here pls feel free to do so ..
gtowebmod@gmail.com

IG
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Re: game and objectives huge discrepancy in ongoing game

Post by Pocus »

First, chances are very low that anyone can cheat in Empires (in Multiplayer), as it is not just the matter of knowing which scripts to modify, but also you would need to hack into the main Executable to disable CRC checks. If this is not done, then the EXE will issue a warning to all players that you are running different scripts.

Second, retrieving a saved game from a MP server is rather cumbersome, so I would prefer that you send a screenshot of your nation with objectives shown (there is a filter for that), to support@slitherine.co.uk. Just say this is for Pocus and about "too many objectives" of whatever.

It is not impossible, and only uncommon to have many objectives in your own regions and/or in neighboring regions. It depends of your relationships with neighbors and your map extension. If there is no choice for the code but to give you very close objectives, then it will do so, and you end up with most your regions or your neighbors regions being objectives. To give an estimate, if you have no more than 10 objectives under control, I don't see much point in checking your saved game. Now if you are talking of 25+, then I can take a look. In between, I'll decide depending of your screenshot and how they are spread around you.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
IrishGuards

Post by IrishGuards »

OK appreciate all this but I have no clue how to do what u ask .. cant I just give you the ability to go in actually play as me and you will be able to see what the guy says the issue is.
just posted another one
succession wars and seems same thing guy .. anyway let me know np at all
also PrimevilAngel mentioned that I have a 35% in my nation for ???

if you would like to do this another way then maybe you could sign up for discord and we could chat there and you could run me through what it is your suggesting
appreciate
also you can email me at gtowebmod@gmail.com
IG
Swuul
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Swuul »

Pocus wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:00 am First, chances are very low that anyone can cheat in Empires (in Multiplayer), as it is not just the matter of knowing which scripts to modify, but also you would need to hack into the main Executable to disable CRC checks. If this is not done, then the EXE will issue a warning to all players that you are running different scripts.
The problem is the false positives. Even if you play an MP game alone, you will eventually at some point get the warning somebody is cheating. When you first time read that warning on the screen when playing alone a MP game, it for sure would be a Kodak moment.

When you have 12 players in an MP game, the warnings are just raining in after a while. It is annoying as heck. Is somebody really cheating, or is it just the false positives? It is so annoying, I have stopped playing FoGE MP games; there is no way to know if you are playing with cheaters, or if the system is just giving out the false positives.
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.
primevalangel
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by primevalangel »

Pocus wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:00 am send a screenshot of your nation with objectives shown (there is a filter for that),
I just took the print-screen and posted it in the other topic. Please check it here.

PS: As a programmer, I find it hard to believe the devs have not added any quick way to enter (or check the state of) any MP match in order to see and debug bugs reported by users.
Maker of "Realistic Stone Age" DoM mod and "History of Empires" YouTube channel
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Swuul wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:09 am
Pocus wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:00 am First, chances are very low that anyone can cheat in Empires (in Multiplayer), as it is not just the matter of knowing which scripts to modify, but also you would need to hack into the main Executable to disable CRC checks. If this is not done, then the EXE will issue a warning to all players that you are running different scripts.
The problem is the false positives. Even if you play an MP game alone, you will eventually at some point get the warning somebody is cheating. When you first time read that warning on the screen when playing alone a MP game, it for sure would be a Kodak moment.

When you have 12 players in an MP game, the warnings are just raining in after a while. It is annoying as heck. Is somebody really cheating, or is it just the false positives? It is so annoying, I have stopped playing FoGE MP games; there is no way to know if you are playing with cheaters, or if the system is just giving out the false positives.
There should be no "false" positive. But the simple fact of adding an empty line in a script makes your game differs from the next one taking his turn. It would be best for everyone to validate his script files (if you are on Steam, I think Verify Integrity should do the trick)
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”