Multiplayer Crash bij Challenge

Moderator: Pocus

springel
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Multiplayer Crash bij Challenge

Post by springel » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 pm

I tried to play MP (actually to hotseat with myself using two factions cooperatively).

I can login with my Slitherine account, but at first I entered email instead of username, that didn't work, then I created a new account (for which I haven't received a confirmation mail), and with that one I could progress to the lobby.

I created a new challenge, and then the game froze.
There was an error dialog above the desktop, on top of all other windows, but the mouse was disabled, so it became pretty hard to close the program down, I couldn't even reach the taskmanager below the error dialog. Some frantic combination of alt-tabs, tabs, and enters succeeded in closing the dialog box and the program.

Then I tried again, logging in with my Slitherine name/password, I could enter the lobby, but the same 'crash' happened when I clicked the Challenges tab in the lobby.

AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Multiplayer Crash bij Challenge

Post by AndrewGardner » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:34 pm

You should be able to use the keyboard to get to the Ignore button to get past this error.

If you are able to do so, could you please cancel this "Sax" challenge from the "My Challenges" tab, or we will have to remove it. You haven't done anything wrong, but there is a bug that causes a small number of challenges to cause issues when viewed in the game.

springel

Post by springel » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:49 pm

OK, that worked.

Why did it have to be removed?

Can I try to create a new challenge?

What about the second account I made?

Questions, questions. :|

AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:53 pm

Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience, we are hoping to have an update out this week that prevents this issue. Until then, if you do want to try creating another challenge, please try rebooting your computer first.

springel

Post by springel » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:01 pm

OK, thanks, I will wait a few days.

(and maybe with that reduced AI aggression I don't need two Germanic factions to survive :P )

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”