No update for GOG version

Moderator: Pocus

Edorf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

No update for GOG version

Post by Edorf »

Hi

Still there`s no update for the Empires offline installer over at GOG. Posted about this over at their forum a few days ago but nothing but silence.
So how will this work out between Slitherine and GOG? The GOG version is not using a serial number so the patch from here is obviously not going to work.
Tamas
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: No update for GOG version

Post by Tamas »

Hi,

We are planning another update fairly soon, once that's ready we will see what we can do.

Thanks for your patience.
Edorf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Edorf »

Tamas wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:10 pm Hi,

We are planning another update fairly soon, once that's ready we will see what we can do.

Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for your reply, Tamas.

I hope something can be worked out so that those of us that don`t wish to use the GOG Galaxy client can update our game too:)
guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by guanotwozero »

Edorf wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:32 pm I hope something can be worked out so that those of us that don`t wish to use the GOG Galaxy client can update our game too:)
A possible workaround - if you install a game through Galaxy, you can still run it directly from its directory, e.g. via a shortcut. In which case you could use Galaxy only for updates. However, the computer would obviously need to be net-connected.

For an offline machine you'd need the update files, though.
Edorf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Edorf »

guanotwozero wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:09 am
Edorf wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:32 pm I hope something can be worked out so that those of us that don`t wish to use the GOG Galaxy client can update our game too:)
A possible workaround - if you install a game through Galaxy, you can still run it directly from its directory, e.g. via a shortcut. In which case you could use Galaxy only for updates. However, the computer would obviously need to be net-connected.

For an offline machine you'd need the update files, though.
Yeah, I`m playing games on my offline computer(s) only. I don`use platforms like Steam or GOG Galaxy and this will be for indefinitely.
guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by guanotwozero »

Edorf wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:42 pm Yeah, I`m playing games on my offline computer(s) only. I don`use platforms like Steam or GOG Galaxy and this will be for indefinitely.
A variation on the workaround is to use Galaxy on the machine you use for downloads, and then copy the entire directory across to your offline machine (via USB, whatever). That presumes, though, that the updates don't make changes to the registry, which can't be guaranteed, and is definitely more of a hassle anyway.
eddieballgame
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by eddieballgame »

On some occasions, Galaxy is needed to get updates per some games. :( Thus you won't have the updated install at the moment.
I have noticed this with one of my previous purchases & (I think) only entails new games.
I will add, this does get 'fixed' in time.

I will, also, add...I would never purchase a Slitherene/Matrix game from GOG or Steam for that matter.
Slitherene & Matrix games are already DRM free...but that is me.
Don_Kiyote
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Don_Kiyote »

About this...^

Can anyone confirm that Shadow Empire 1.09.07 (or any update) works *with* GOG Galaxy, please?

Because as far as I can tell, Galaxy does nothing to improve the situation. Some of us might read this thread and get the impression that it does, and then maybe install Galaxy and all that for no other reason, but still have no updated game (oof).
luk3Z
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by luk3Z »

Any news ? Can you provide registry key or something to detect installation from GOG ?

I can't install newest patch 1.3.9.0.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

You are in the wrong forum, if you are dealing with Shadow Empires. Not the same Empires here! :D
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
luk3Z

Post by luk3Z »

I mean: I can't install newest patch 1.3.9 to GOG Field of Glory: Empires (1.3.0).
There should be any bypass for it e.g. reg key. Does patch check the reg key value from Windows registry ?
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

I have received confirmation that GOG GALAXY is up to date and that you can also download the offline version in 1.3.9 (no need to patch). I advise to switch to the Galaxy version of GOG. Barring that, then you need the help of our support line if you can't or don't want to install Galaxy: support@slitherine.co.uk
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
luk3Z

Post by luk3Z »

How can I patch my game whilst I don't want 3rd party tools like "GOG GALAXY" and have limited internet connection.
How can I patch my game offline ? If patch depend on registry key why don't reveal that key (easiest & simpliest way for GOG game) or even extract patch to archive (make zip version of the patch).
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

You should reach the Helpdesk for general advices on not using GOG Galaxy:
support@slitherine.co.uk

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”