Hotfixing bugs while waiting for 1.38

Moderator: Pocus

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Hotfixing bugs while waiting for 1.38

Post by Pocus »

A player on the Steam forum asked me if it was possible to fix the bugs on his side. The answer is usually yes for bugs that ask only for a surgical edit in the gameplay code.

First thing, first, the gameplay, UI, AI code is all set in text files named BSF files. They are in Data\scripts or Data\UI for the most part. I strongly advise using Notepad++ for its extended search functions and additional functionalities.

I believe these modifications are sufficient to fix 2 bugs namely:

Conversion issue
in region.bsf, function Region_Population_PickOne
if (socialClassID >= 1000 && temp != Population_GetSocialClass(popID))
instead of
if (socialClassID > 1000 && temp != Population_GetSocialClass(popID))

No legacy modifier applied
in faction.bsf, function Faction_Politic_LegacyModChange

Add in a new line
modifier = Faction_GetAllModifiersLevel(factionID, MOD_EFFECT_LEGACY_BONUS, MOD_EFFECT_LEGACY_PENALTY);

Just after the declaration " int modifier;"
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
GJNelson7030
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Hotfixing bugs while waiting for 1.38

Post by GJNelson7030 »

Thanks for posting this "hotfix". I'll give it a try. Looking forward to the release of v1.38!

Added the above changes via Notepad++. Love using it for data file updates/edits like these.
Kerenos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kerenos »

I've done the hotfix and sent the region.bsf and faction.bsf files to the other players in our MP game. I checked it out and I get a message saying my script files are different from the other players, which I suspected. The 35% for glorious is now working. Haven't checked the conversion rate. If all players have the same scripts, will this somehow affect our MP game?

Thanks
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

It should be ok, if the files are the exact same.
Does it prevents you from running the game btw?
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Kerenos
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kerenos »

The game works fine. Just that the script message appears everytime you log in. One player asked if that message will disappear with the patch. I said yes, as currently, all players have not installed the new scripts. We have decided to restart our game with the hotseat option anyways, as we now all have the DLC and a few players were eliminated early on.

Thanks
_TotalWar_
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by _TotalWar_ »

Pocus, thank you for the hotfixes!
On other news, I just saw on the Steam discussions someone mentioning another patch coming besides a "possible dlc": https://steamcommunity.com/app/1011390/ ... 5630501480
Is there any truth in that or just cheap rumour? Cheers and thank you again.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

I believe you are reading too much into the text, there is no DLC announced in any case! And with AGEOD on the new game, for now no one is creating extra content for Empires.

Return to “MOD”