Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Moderator: Pocus

SuitedQueens
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by SuitedQueens »

Bercor wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:50 pm https://gofile.io/d/OkiQiO
Can you download the file from the link above, paste it into \Documents\My Games\FieldOfGloryEmpires\SCENARIOS\Ode_to_Europa_Barbarorum\DATA and check if the bug is fixed?
Yes, it does the trick. Great mod you have here, I will be doing mini-AAR as Burgundi soon with this mod on to help out new players, since I'm relatively new myself. Playing this game about week and a half, but learned quite a few tricks and optimization techniques. I also watch what happens in the world every turn and can say with relative certainty that I didn't spot any other graphical bugs like that one so far.
nikossaiz

Re: Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 1.1 Released (Compatible only with Field of Glory: Empires Version 1.3.4)

Post by nikossaiz »

another minor bug, playing a battle against greek rebels the model of the "euzonoi" unit is gargatuate.
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

nikossaiz wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 pm another minor bug, playing a battle against greek rebels the model of the "euzonoi" unit is gargatuate.
Thank you for the report, nikossaiz.

https://gofile.io/d/6casEn

Please download the file from the link above, paste it into \Documents\My Games\FieldOfGloryEmpires\SCENARIOS\Ode_to_Europa_Barbarorum\DATA and see if that solves the problem.
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

hello bercor,

the issue seems to be solved, no other faction using the euzonoi units has that problem ( i need to provoke a rebelion to see if rebels still has it )

overall great mod, i would dear to say a true testament to the old major rome 1 mods. i love it when moders step on other moders majore work and achive something that great of an overhaul!\

feedback -

a minor issue ( i think it is )

drapanai ( unit bearing "drapanon" = falx ) convert into mercenary hoplites

till now i have a great campaign time as macedon, a big thanks!
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

nikossaiz wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:56 am hello bercor,

the issue seems to be solved, no other faction using the euzonoi units has that problem ( i need to provoke a rebelion to see if rebels still has it )
Well, since all factions share the same models, if it's fixed for one it's fixed for all.
nikossaiz wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:56 am overall great mod, i would dear to say a true testament to the old major rome 1 mods. i love it when moders step on other moders majore work and achive something that great of an overhaul!\

feedback -

a minor issue ( i think it is )

drapanai ( unit bearing "drapanon" = falx ) convert into mercenary
That is caused by the unit conversion script of the originally integrated French Dude's Table Top Mod (in this case, it converts the FoGE Drapanai into three different units in FoG2). Other slight discrepancies might appear until I'm able to rework the script, although I think those are not a big deal in the meanwhile.
nikossaiz wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:56 am till now i have a great campaign time as macedon, a big thanks!
Great to know, I'm glad you're enjoying it!
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

yes, no issue whatsoever!

can i ask for a favor? since i really strungle editing csv files , what is the program you are using for review and edit them? ecxel is rather confusing and others like tad dont have edit capabilities
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

nikossaiz wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:27 pm yes, no issue whatsoever!

can i ask for a favor? since i really strungle editing csv files , what is the program you are using for review and edit them? ecxel is rather confusing and others like tad dont have edit capabilities
I can't really help you with that, unfortunately. I normally use Excel, which as you point out is not ideal, but I eventually got used to it.
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

ok, i will try with excel then! A last ( propably :) question. how can i identify a unit names code name in the scripts or on the excel spreed sheet? i would like to make the rabble mob unit to have a chance to be converted into raw hoplites to make some battles a little more challenging
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

hello Bercor,

you propably allready know it, cause of the ( otherwise excellent and very welcome ) update and playing on GOG platform, i cant roll back versions so the mod sadly is crashing on game start. Really hope for an update when you find the time.

cheers!
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

Hi nikossaiz,

I'll try to find some time this weekend to make the mod compatible with the new patch.

Cheers
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

thanks, appreciated !
gaius21
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by gaius21 »

the custom banners are used in exported battles right? because atm the banners my macedonian army are using are red roman ones.
will try to reinstall to see if it fixes it.
antiochosIII
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by antiochosIII »

Would absolutely love an update! Just coming back to this game and jonesing for a TT mod experience.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

gaius21 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:13 pm the custom banners are used in exported battles right? because atm the banners my macedonian army are using are red roman ones.
will try to reinstall to see if it fixes it.
Actually no, the custom banners do not work with the Global TT Mod. The FoG2 Global Mod system does not read some essential files that are needed for the custom banners to work properly, so I deleted the banners from the Global TT Mod to save space.

I can see that there are custom banners in nikossaiz's screenshots, but I can only assume that he must have done something to his installation to achieve that. Possibly he copied and pasted the banner folder from the standard version of the TT Mod into his Global TT Mod folder. That would allow a few custom banners to display correctly, but the vast majority won't. For instance his screenshot shows a battle between Macedonians and Illyrians, but the banner is Greek! Both the Macedonians and Illyrians have there own banners in the TT Mod, but they don't work as a Global Mod.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

I can see that there are custom banners in nikossaiz's screenshots, but I can only assume that he must have done something to his installation to achieve that.
indeed you have right.

i downloaded this mod

viewtopic.php?f=492&t=95599

and then paste ( overwrite ) the files directly on fog2 directory file ( not on the programfiles/game etc )

mind that you will not see all the banners from the tt mod, cause of engine limitations the exported battles from the empire will have tt banners according to the army ethnicity. still much better.
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

Hello bercor,

i assume you are bying your time waiting for the final patch 1.4.8 before taking the hard work of updating your mod( if everything is ok with real life ofcourse ) . Meanwile i have the 1.3.4 buckup of the GOG version and still play with it. as i reinstall the game though i lost the fixes you have done with the euzonoi "giant" unit and the gauls never shown. Is it possible to reupload them?

thanks
Bercor
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bercor »

nikossaiz wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:12 pm Hello bercor,

i assume you are bying your time waiting for the final patch 1.4.8 before taking the hard work of updating your mod( if everything is ok with real life ofcourse ) . Meanwile i have the 1.3.4 buckup of the GOG version and still play with it. as i reinstall the game though i lost the fixes you have done with the euzonoi "giant" unit and the gauls never shown. Is it possible to reupload them?

thanks
Hi nikossaiz,

Indeed, you are quite correct. I'll be waiting for the final patch before updating the mod. In the meantime, if anyone whishes to continue to play the mod, I can upload the 1.3.4 version of the game so you may do so.

As for the fixes requested, you can download them from here:
https://gofile.io/d/emD6Ah

Cheers
nikossaiz

Post by nikossaiz »

thanks bercor, looking forward for the updates!

best regards!
ObeseMonkey

Post by ObeseMonkey »

Hi, I was using the mod (on the steam 1.3.4 legacy), as the Irish, and noticed the export isn't working for most of the skirmisher units. When exporting a battle, my armies would only have the infantry, and all archers and skirmishers were not there.

Same thing is happening with Numidia, I'll try a fresh install of the mod and game, but pretty sure its not on my end.
兵不在多在精,将不在猛在某.
GenObt_H_Guderian
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by GenObt_H_Guderian »

Hello I just found out this mod, it seems very interesting, will you update it to the newest version of FoG:E soon?
I also meant to ask, is this mod compatible with Ghosts on the Thrones?

Return to “MOD”