[MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum (Roman/Italic Units Preview - page 3)

Moderator: Pocus

Bercor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 0.1 Released (New TT Mod Units' Textures Preview - page 2)

Post by Bercor » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Paul59 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:06 am
Hopefully, I will be posting links to the new version of the TT Mod sometime today.

I will try to quickly produce a Global Mod version of the TT Mod for Empires modders to work with, along with some brief instructions on how to use it with a modded version of Empires. I am a bit concerned that many players will think this will just magically work with the standard version of Empires, and will start complaining when their games start crashing to desktop! So there will have to be a lot of warnings in big red font!
That would be great, Paul! Thank you for your generosity.

Paul59
Major-General - Elite Tiger I

Re: [MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 0.1 Released (New TT Mod Units' Textures Preview - page 2)

Post by Paul59 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi Bercor,

I have now posted the link to the TT Mod Global in the FOG2 Modding forum:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewto ... 03#p803003

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.

Bercor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Bercor » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 am

The visual overhaul progresses slowly but steadily.

Here's a small preview of the new Diadochi/Hellenic textures:

Once again, all credit goes to Paul59 and his TT Mod.

Paul59

Re: [MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 0.1 Released (New Diadochi/Hellenic Units Preview - page 3)

Post by Paul59 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:37 am

Hi Bercor,

The Spartan Pikeman in your screenshot has an issue with it's Normal and Spec textures. The ones in the mod look fine in FOG2, are you using those, or did you make your own for some reason?

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Bercor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: [MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum - Version 0.1 Released (New Diadochi/Hellenic Units Preview - page 3)

Post by Bercor » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 am

Hi Paul!

I used the vanilla Normal and Spec textures in every phalanx/pikemen model because otherwise (using TT's files) their shields would look too angular and with ragged edges, instead of round, as they should. For that reason, you see those "decorations" in the Spartan Pikemen shield, which I personally think that look fine.

This issue doesn't happen in FoG2, but for some reason is quite visible in FoG Empires..

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 am

Bercor wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 am
Hi Paul!

I used the vanilla Normal and Spec textures in every phalanx/pikemen model because otherwise (using TT's files) their shields would look too angular and with ragged edges, instead of round, as they should. For that reason, you see those "decorations" in the Spartan Pikemen shield, which I personally think that look fine.

This issue doesn't happen in FoG2, but for some reason is quite visible in FoG Empires..
How bizarre, but not unusual. The games textures seem to have many weird foibles.

The one that really confuses me is the "long banner' problem with modded banners. I have worked out a solution by trial and error, but why it actually happens does not make any sense at all!

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Bercor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Bercor » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Paul59 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 am

How bizarre, but not unusual. The games textures seem to have many weird foibles.

The one that really confuses me is the "long banner' problem with modded banners. I have worked out a solution by trial and error, but why it actually happens does not make any sense at all!
Very true. The engine has a few peculiarities I still struggle to understand.

Boutar
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Boutar » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:48 pm

Hello

Really looking forward your mod. Will you in your mod add some flavor regarding banner on the map?

One of the thing who can put you deep in the game is to see your army holding the standard of your nation and not something with a random color.

Bercor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Bercor » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Boutar wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:48 pm
Hello

Really looking forward your mod. Will you in your mod add some flavor regarding banner on the map?

One of the thing who can put you deep in the game is to see your army holding the standard of your nation and not something with a random color.
That is something I intend to work on a later stage, yeah.

Bercor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Bercor » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:12 am

Preview of the Roman/Italic units:

Credits: Paul59/TT Mod and Pdguru's FOG II Roman mod

FrenchDude
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: [MOD] Ode to Europa Barbarorum (Roman/Italic Units Preview - page 3)

Post by FrenchDude » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:17 am

Looking very nice :D

SGZ
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by SGZ » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:17 pm

Looks Great. Are you looking for any assistance w modding. I've been tinkering about and made my own small mod but would be interested in contributing to this superior endeavour.

Bercor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Bercor » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:32 am

Hi SGZ!

The project has been on hold for a while but is certainly not dead and any help is appreciated.

gaius21
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by gaius21 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:46 am

hey, is it possible to make your work compatible with the latest version of the game?

Return to “MOD”