We have another public beta for you. It has some important changes, so we would like to get your feedback on it before we make it official.
If you are interested, you can download the public beta update from this DIRECT LINK.
The public beta is also available on Steam, as a beta branch. To activate it, you need to use the Steam client:
1. In your Library, right-click Field of Glory II, and choose "Properties
2. In the new window, select the "Betas" tab
3. On the drop-down menu, select "openbeta - Open Beta", and click Close. Steam will proceed to update your game.
Please post your feedback in THIS SUBFORUM
Here is the list of changes:
Beta Version 1.5.19
• The new AI code for cavalry armies fixes an issue whereby in some circumstances the cavalry wing of a cavalry army that has no significant enemy force facing it might halt to wait for its own army’s centre to advance, rather than sweeping round the enemy flank. Please play some test games with balanced armies vs cavalry armies to check whether the new code seems to work well if the player places all or most of his army on one flank. A “cavalry army” is one that has only a small amount of non-light infantry. (You can tell whether the game considers it a cavalry army, because if so, it will initially deploy any non-light infantry in the rear).
• Please observe the effects of the new cavalry break off logic.
o Improved AI for the cavalry wings of cavalry armies.
o Non-cataphract cavalry will now break off from infantry unless they will have a significant advantage in the ensuing melee. (Previously they would stay in combat if they had a very slight advantage, which tended to lead to an attritional combat that they were unlikely to win in the end). Break off logic for cataphracts has been left unchanged because they often have a better chance of winning the melee than the impact, so staying in combat if they have some advantage is often the better option.