Mod: Is it possible to make faction dependent tech & units?

The game that will "ruin friendships", ICBM allows up to 8 players to engage in total nuclear war. The winner shall be the one who lost the least.
ai_beyondcontrol
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Mod: Is it possible to make faction dependent tech & units?

Post by ai_beyondcontrol »

I'm now trying to create Mods for ICBM, and I wonder if it is possible to make each player have different units. Currently there's already mods which makes the appearance of different player's unit looks different, but I wonder if it is possible to further make each player's unit have different parameters (i.e. making them totally different units, or making each faction have their unique units).

Also, I wonder if the same can be done for tech trees. I noticed that there's a file called Tech_faction.txt in the game directory, but nothing actually in there. So I wonder if it's possible to create separate tech trees for each player,too.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: Mod: Is it possible to make faction dependent tech & units?

Post by Ufnv »

ai_beyondcontrol wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:36 am I'm now trying to create Mods for ICBM, and I wonder if it is possible to make each player have different units. Currently there's already mods which makes the appearance of different player's unit looks different, but I wonder if it is possible to further make each player's unit have different parameters (i.e. making them totally different units, or making each faction have their unique units).

Also, I wonder if the same can be done for tech trees. I noticed that there's a file called Tech_faction.txt in the game directory, but nothing actually in there. So I wonder if it's possible to create separate tech trees for each player,too.
To make a faction-specific tech, add the faction tech as it's parent. These techs are "S_FACTION_ID_0" to "S_FACTION_ID_9".
To make a faction specific unit property, use a modifier tied to some faction-specific tech.

There is also "BLOCKER" tech if you want to disable some of the default techs in your mod.
guidonthief

Re: Mod: Is it possible to make faction dependent tech & units?

Post by guidonthief »

How do you add a faction tech? Could you give an example in text? Also, same question about the "blocker"?

Return to “ICBM”