New base map

The game that will "ruin friendships", ICBM allows up to 8 players to engage in total nuclear war. The winner shall be the one who lost the least.
T4rget
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

New base map

Post by T4rget »

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to change the map used ingame to show Earth into something brighter, is it possible? Or is map modding limited to ownership and water maps?

I've managed to extract the map.e5p but I'm struggling to find the way to recompile the base map. Does somebody have a hint?
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: New base map

Post by Ufnv »

T4rget wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:29 pm Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to change the map used ingame to show Earth into something brighter, is it possible? Or is map modding limited to ownership and water maps?

I've managed to extract the map.e5p but I'm struggling to find the way to recompile the base map. Does somebody have a hint?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mqLivC ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1avXUKz ... sp=sharing
T4rget

Post by T4rget »

Ah! Many thanks! :D
T4rget

Post by T4rget »

Ok,

I managed to get some results with the resources provided. The video workshop has been a great nudge.
I only modified the base resources with the tile name (all, admire my paint skillz) but it shows in game and that's a real progress.
Time for a real mod with the textures here

Many thanks again ufnv.

For those who would like to give it try, just listen to the video and use the ICBM_MOD.exe in the game folder. Launch the ICBM_MOD.exe from the cmd (for windows) or from a batch (I use for the moment this command line

ICBM_MOD.exe -generate_map mod.virtual "A1"

it may evolve as I don't really know if the A1 argument is really needed, it simply ended this way). Process is a bit long (about 1 hours and a half on my machine in total).
Then put the map.e5p (and may be map.e5i too, I copied both :p ) into your MODS/mod_name/MAPS/map_name.virtual folder
and you'll have the pleasure to see your doodles on a spheric map :)
T4rget

Post by T4rget »

And step 2:

Still need to add a layer with 90% alpha for the oceans, but it begins to look good!

Return to “ICBM”