Bug Report: Automated Strike Plans' Keen on Anchorage

The game that will "ruin friendships", ICBM allows up to 8 players to engage in total nuclear war. The winner shall be the one who lost the least.
ai_beyondcontrol
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Bug Report: Automated Strike Plans' Keen on Anchorage

Post by ai_beyondcontrol »

A strange situation occured during my last few games in ICBM, which I suppose could be a bug. Here's the detail:
Map: Earth, 8 Players
Included Faction: Russia, Europe, East Asia, North America.
I'm Playing with: East Asia
Condition:
- North America is a valid player of the game;
- An automated strike plan select Cities as Priority 1 targets (Red Targets)
- No any other target type is assigned.
- The targeted faction in the strike plan has no 'intact' cities (They have been bombed at least once previously)
Circumstances:
Once the strike plan is executed, all my nuke carriers will continously pouring warheads towards the city of Anchorage (Alaska), including ICBM silos, Carrier-based attacker-bombers, and Ground-based bombers. They will still attack manually assigned targets, but they will then return to Anchorage bombing run.
It would be very kind of you if you would like to check out if this is a real bug or just an interesting occasion.
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: Bug Report: Automated Strike Plans' Keen on Anchorage

Post by Ufnv »

ai_beyondcontrol wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:01 am A strange situation occured during my last few games in ICBM, which I suppose could be a bug. Here's the detail:
Map: Earth, 8 Players
Included Faction: Russia, Europe, East Asia, North America.
I'm Playing with: East Asia
Condition:
- North America is a valid player of the game;
- An automated strike plan select Cities as Priority 1 targets (Red Targets)
- No any other target type is assigned.
- The targeted faction in the strike plan has no 'intact' cities (They have been bombed at least once previously)
Circumstances:
Once the strike plan is executed, all my nuke carriers will continously pouring warheads towards the city of Anchorage (Alaska), including ICBM silos, Carrier-based attacker-bombers, and Ground-based bombers. They will still attack manually assigned targets, but they will then return to Anchorage bombing run.
It would be very kind of you if you would like to check out if this is a real bug or just an interesting occasion.
This depends on how many points left to gain. If other cities give less than 10 points, the planner just selects the closest city. The logic is - there is no real difference in gain, but the probability of reaching the closest target is higher.

Return to “ICBM”