Black screen then non-responding program when changing resolution

The game that will "ruin friendships", ICBM allows up to 8 players to engage in total nuclear war. The winner shall be the one who lost the least.
jblank
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Black screen then non-responding program when changing resolution

Post by jblank »

I've got an Alienware Aurora R8 with an RTX 2070, 1440p Dell monitor, when I open the game, it's obviously not at 1440p. I go to change the resolution from "auto" to match my resolution and the screen goes black and in task manager it says "not-responding". Is there any place to manually change resolution? Maybe an .ini file?
Ufnv
SoftWarWare
SoftWarWare

Re: Black screen then non-responding program when changing resolution

Post by Ufnv »

jblank wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:37 pm I've got an Alienware Aurora R8 with an RTX 2070, 1440p Dell monitor, when I open the game, it's obviously not at 1440p. I go to change the resolution from "auto" to match my resolution and the screen goes black and in task manager it says "not-responding". Is there any place to manually change resolution? Maybe an .ini file?
There is the file called ICBM.cfg, could be found in Documents/My Games/ICBM/ folder.

Also, please check the potential issue with Windows folder protection: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1178220/ ... 282172408/

Return to “ICBM”