War in the East 2 is available for preorder

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Mantuvec
Slitherine
Slitherine

War in the East 2 is available for preorder

Post by Mantuvec »

You can now preorder Gary Grigsby's upcoming masterpiece by visiting the Product page.

We are only selling the game on the Matrix Games (and Slitherine) site for now, and the game will release on Steam at a later date. Anyone pre-purchasing, or purchasing on the day of release will get a Steam key eventually, when the title launches there.

Both digital only and upgrade to physical are available. The first 1000 copies are coming by air and will begin shipping on April 16th, while the remaining copies will be shipped in May when the next batch of books arrives.

The physical manual is a 520 page hardbound full color volume.  The biggest printed manual we've ever done.  All shipments at this point are from the UK and we recommend carefully reviewing the shipping options (typically Royal Mail or DPD) to determine which iss best for your location. 

Royal Mail is a typical mail service, DPD is an air courier service and shipping times, customs/VAT costs and service to special addresses may vary by your location.  However, the shipping cost is significant due to the sheer weight of the hardbound manual, which comes in at over 4.5 lbs / 2+ kg.

For more information and clarification on purchase option, please visit the Forum.
chronoknight
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: War in the East 2 is available for preorder

Post by chronoknight »

I can't wait for this game!!!!
ubercat

Post by ubercat »

The product page lists 3 different physical editions: Standard Edition with a greyscale manual, Collectors Edition with a full color manual, and Collectors Hardback Edition with a hardback full color manual. Is this incorrect?

I want a full color, preferably hardback manual. Clicking to buy the game only offers a digital and a physical edition. I assume that buying the physical edition will include the full color manual but the product page is misleading in that regard. Could I get a confirmation before I hit the button? Thanks.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Sorry, but yes there is an element of confusion there.
The physical edition is only ever one of those three types. There is the digital download, then the physical edition which is either the digital express (just the disc), the standard (a greyscale manual) or the collector's edition (the colour manual and in some games this is in fact a large hard-back book instead of a DVD box and manual).
The type of those three editions the game ships as is shown on the bottom right of the product page next to the product description box.

In the case of War in the East 2 the physical edition is the Collector's Edition.
Please also note that you need to tick on the option "Upgrade to Physical + digital edition $20.00" when the game is in the cart otherwise you'll be buying the digital edition.

WitE2_Boxed.jpg
WitE2_Boxed.jpg (43.7 KiB) Viewed 2481 times
Haagen

Post by Haagen »

You say the manual will only be distributed while supplies last.
So it could be that I pay 17 € for the physical copy and still don't get a printed manual? :shock:
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

When we will be out of stock you won't be able to order the physical edition.

Return to “News & Announcements”