Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is now available for pre-order

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is now available for pre-order

Post by AlbertoC »

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is the upcoming turn-based strategy game developed by Black Lab Games (Battlestar Galactica Deadlock and Starhammer) and published by Slitherine (Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War, Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach and Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon).

It is a fast-paced, brutal battle-scale strategy game in which players will take command of the Blood Angels Space Marines and lead them through an exciting and epic campaign against the Tyranids xeno.

Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is now available for pre-order at 10% off, at a price of $35.99. The game will be released on PC, PlayStation and Xbox on July 15.

Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitive battle scale turn-based strategy game that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.

Pick your force, develop your army, field mighty heroes and fight for victory using superior strategy, awesome abilities, and devastating weaponry, turn by turn on grid-based maps.

On May 11 Slitherine will stream Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector live on their Twitch channel, as part of their Home of Wargamers 2021 Live+ event. Tune in at www.twitch.tv/SlitherineGroup at 15:30 BST for an exclusive look at the game and a reveal of the new Photo mode feature, how it functions and what results can be obtained with it.

About the Photo mode:

The Photo Mode is a feature which allows players to capture gorgeous and photo realistic shots from their in-game battlefields. Players can edit all settings and unleash their creativity in order to produce real works of art set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
TokyoDan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector is now available for pre-order

Post by TokyoDan »

Well I won't be getting this game for a long while!

I have a 31% Anniversary coupon that I've been saving to use on this game, but with the 10% off, the order page says I already used a coupon and can't use my 31% Anniversary coupon.
tokyodan on Steam
GrumpyInTokyo on twitter and GETTR
Ted Hussman on Facebook
EngineerKenny123
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by EngineerKenny123 »

Yeah, I support you Bro. I just wrote a post indicating my frustration with the delay, suspecting that it has to do with Consoles. Very very unfair to PC gamers. It kind of seems that Slitherine just doesn't care if they lose customers or not. And I have dozens of Slitherine games - But I may never buy another. But again, I suspect that they won't really care. A customer here - a customer there - Well I just hope that we add up and somehow make an impact on them. BTW - so you know any games out that are like this - I have Sanctus Reach.
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

I hate games that try to support both PC and console. Trying to support a game controller negatively affects the UI. There are hundreds of games LIKE this but how close are they. I don't know of any TBS games where you can order your units before the previous units your ordered have completed their actions (during the same turn) speeding up the whole turn. I hate typical turn-based games with over 10 units that you have to move one-by-one. Takes too long...especially when waiting for the AI to complete its turn. That's why I prefer WEGO, or IGOUGO with small squads of 3 to 5 units that you have to micro manage.
tokyodan on Steam
Ted Hussman on Facebook
TokyoDan

Post by TokyoDan »

TokyoDan wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:29 pm Well I won't be getting this game for a long while!

I have a 31% Anniversary coupon that I've been saving to use on this game, but with the 10% off, the order page says I already used a coupon and can't use my 31% Anniversary coupon.
I take back what I said because I see that the cart now accepts my 31% Anniversary coupon in addition to the 10% discount so I may buy this game.
tokyodan on Steam
Ted Hussman on Facebook
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

EngineerKenny123 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:39 pm Yeah, I support you Bro. I just wrote a post indicating my frustration with the delay, suspecting that it has to do with Consoles. Very very unfair to PC gamers. It kind of seems that Slitherine just doesn't care if they lose customers or not. And I have dozens of Slitherine games - But I may never buy another. But again, I suspect that they won't really care. A customer here - a customer there - Well I just hope that we add up and somehow make an impact on them. BTW - so you know any games out that are like this - I have Sanctus Reach.
We do our very best and delays while regrettable, are always in the best interest of the game being delayed.

We care about our fans I think, more than most and are around to answer all of your questions, but it is often the case that we can't talk about why a game is being delayed other than saying that extra time is needed to make it the best that it can be.

Just my personal opinion: I would rather a game be delayed, than come out early and be unfinished or unpolished.

Return to “News & Announcements”