The return of a classic: Master of Magic has been announced

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

The return of a classic: Master of Magic has been announced

Post by AlbertoC »

Slitherine, the world’s leading publisher of digital wargames and strategy games, and MuHa Games, a studio from Poland and the United Kingdom (Thea: The Awakening and Thea 2: The Shattering) partner up to bring back a classic of the strategy genre: Master of Magic.

The original Master of Magic was published in 1994 and set the rules for the 4X genre. It is still considered - and played! - as one of the timeless masterpieces of strategy.

The new and upgraded version of the game has been unveiled during Home Of Wargames Live+, Slitherine’s main event of 2021. Mila Undro, Writer and Lead Quest Designer from MuHa Games, and Marco Minoli - Slitherine’s Marketing Director - talked about the challenges in developing this remake of the original turn-based strategy cult.

Together, they explored this classic gameplay formula and how it has been adapted to modern technology. During the interview, Mila and Marco discussed the changes and implementations applied to the game, sharing features such as races, playable wizards, and spells for the first time.

“The acquisition of the Master of Magic license was a key milestone in the development of our long-term vision to mix owned IPs with popular licenses in our catalogue. We are extremely proud of our partnership with MuHa Games, because we share many values when it comes to game development, and we couldn’t place this IP in more capable hands”, said Iain McNeil CEO of Slitherine.

Master of Magic is an extremely faithful reboot of the original game, with identical gameplay mechanics and the same, overwhelming amount of content, which allowed for endless replayability.
Master of Magic is currently in alpha. It will enter beta testing in the second half of 2021, and will be released on PC in 2022.

More information on Master of Magic can be found here.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: The return of a classic: Master of Magic has been announced

Post by ErissN6 »

I almost never played to MoM, as I'm not fond of the wizard class,
but I'm eager to try what will do MuHaGames, as I like their Thea games,
maybe this time I'll be seduced by the new MoM game.
bjgrt
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: The return of a classic: Master of Magic has been announced

Post by bjgrt »

The shown screens look very generic - not promising at all. And why would you use the original name if changing mechanics?

Return to “News & Announcements”