Scramble: Battle of Britain has been announced

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

ledrobi
Slitherine
Slitherine

Scramble: Battle of Britain has been announced

Post by ledrobi »

Scramble: Battle of Britain was the second of the four big announcements that took place last week during Home Of Wargames Live+.

Scramble: Battle of Britain is a simultaneous turn-based dogfighting game. Set in a 3D airspace, the game features fast-paced, tactical combat with dynamic flight physics.

Each turn is divided into three phases: planning phase, action phase, and review phase. Survey the aerial battlefield, plan your flight paths, execute spectacular manoeuvres, scrub through time to assess battle damage, and defeat your enemies through masterful tactics and captivating aerobatics.

Marco Minoli, our Marketing Director, invited James Carey, our Game Director, and together they discussed the main challenges behind the production and design of the game. If you missed the announcement, have a look here:

Marco and James also had a chat about the game’s origin, which started as a small project and became one of our most promising IPs.

Have a look at the product page.
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Scramble: Battle of Britain has been announced

Post by Retributarr »

Battle of Britain Aerial Dog-Fights:

Looks like 'Superb-Workmanship' in designing this new entry!... im sure that many will take a great-liking to it!. Very-Well-Done!.

For myself, however!... I would be more inclined to being involved in the overall 'Strategic-Aspect' of this conflict... where I would then plan and direct the various missions for either side... as well as to determine the targeting of the 'Air-Unit' groups.

The latter... the final chapter of the Game... could include either the defence against the attempt to invade and conquer England... or... to do the planning and invasion of England... either of which I would find 'Fascinating!'.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

LOOKS GOOD...can it be played without all the technical bits on the screen?...can it be played with a joystick?...can I play as either side?...can I as the British attack german bombers?
Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

Jonesy1760 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:04 pm LOOKS GOOD...can it be played without all the technical bits on the screen?...can it be played with a joystick?...can I play as either side?...can I as the British attack german bombers?
Watch from 5:36 in the video, it shows the UI being toggled off in the replay phase. Lots of opportunity for cool screen shots.

It's a tactical game so I doubt you'll be able to use a joystick.

Web page says: " Battle of Britain allows you to manage your Royal Air Force and Luftwaffe squadrons and to fly with your favourite planes."

Web page also says:
Featured Luftwaffe Aircraft:
Messerschmitt Bf 109
Junkers JU87 “Stuka”
Messerschmitt BF110
Heinkel He111
Dornier Do17
Junkers JU88

So I imagine you'll have scenarios where you need to shoot down some bombers.

https://www.slitherine.com/game/scrambl ... of-britain

Mord.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

Mord...lots of WWII air sims use a joystick...I wonder if any of the designers of this game would know????
Mord
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

Jonesy1760 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:47 am Mord...lots of WWII air sims use a joystick...I wonder if any of the designers of this game would know????
It's a board game without a board. A table top wargame without a table top. A tactical dog fighting game as opposed to a flight sim. Picture Combat Mission but with airplanes. That's why I doubt it would use a joy stick. You aren't flying the planes, you are giving them orders on what to do. You are all the pilots.

Mord.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

When will the specs be available?....I'm thinking of getting a laptop for just gaming...current one has only 4mb of RAM...
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

I was thinking of buying this when it comes out....but the lack of support I get here at Slitherne with PANZER CORPS 2 puts a sour taste in my mouth!!!....and I am not the only one...
doc99
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by doc99 »

You aren't flying the planes, you are giving them orders on what to do. You are all the pilots.

Excellant--looking forward to it
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Jonesy1760 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:12 pm I was thinking of buying this when it comes out....but the lack of support I get here at Slitherne with PANZER CORPS 2 puts a sour taste in my mouth!!!....and I am not the only one...
Scramble and Panzercorps are developed by two independent teams and are not related. Slitherine only supply the forums, we don't manage them. Thats left to their respective devs and if they decide they don't want to interact, for whatever reason and for however long, we'll respect that. The world is still some what messed up and the devs have not been immune.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

Jonesy1760 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:47 am Mord...lots of WWII air sims use a joystick...I wonder if any of the designers of this game would know????
As Mord pointed out, Scramble is not a sim. It's a tactical, turn-based game that takes place in 3D space. I could see a game pad being useful but a joystick/HOTAS? It seems impractical to me but since the game is still in very early development, who's to say.

I'm not sure if your last comment is a question for the designers or a dig at them. If its a question, yes they would, but they're not currently active on the forum. If its a dig, they are all hardcore flightsimmers and have been for decades so I guess they probably would know what a joystick is. So however you meant it, the answer is yes.

The 'technical bits on screen' that you question in a previous comment, are the UI and are providing essential information that a pilot would know either from the feel of their aircraft/situational awareness, their instruments, or what they can see of the performance of their enemy. So I'm sure you could turn them off if you want but you'll be missing 70% of the information you need to play well.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

Schweetness101
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Schweetness101 »

cool, looks kind of like a modern Sid Meier's Ace Patrol.
My Mods:
Ancient Greek https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=977908#p977908
Dark Ages Britain https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106417
Anarchy (Medieval) https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=987488#p987488
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

The strain of high-G fighter combat shows on the faces of Me 109 pilot Micky Sprick (top) and Spitfire pilot Brian Lane after landing back at their bases after a sortie during the Battle of Britain-

doc99

Post by doc99 »

I really enjoyed Ace Patrol for it's very basic flight dynamics which were done in an interesting way and that's why I'm looking forward to this
mirlako
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by mirlako »

Any idea about the release date???
OnWargaming
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by OnWargaming »

I love WEGO games!
Added to my wishlist, good luck with this project!
U235
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by U235 »

Why is there no dedicated forum spot for this here or on Matrix games site? The forum button on the product page does nothing.

As for the game, here's hoping for the best and that it's not another "Check Your Six".
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

Any news on the release date for this game???
jg400

Post by jg400 »

I am hoping that this is finally a modern version of Achtung Spitfire / Over the Reich , these were great games.
Jonesy1760
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Jonesy1760 »

Hope this is released soon???

Return to “News & Announcements”