Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps goes Pacific

Post by Edmon »

Panzer Corps goes Pacific

For the first time in its 10 year history the Panzer Corps series is going to thoroughly explore the Pacific theatre of operations in the Second World War. This DLC is the first installment in a new series of campaigns which will portray the dramatic events of the Pacific War.

In this new expansion players can enjoy many new scenarios and be immersed in a completely new set of terrain graphics, new game rules and a new major faction. Pacific is still the good old Panzer Corps 2 game which fans enjoy and love, but at the same time it’s also a new, different and original experience.

At long last Japan has been added to Panzer Corps 2. With the introduction of Pacific, Japan is playable not only in a new campaign, but also in random scenarios and in Multiplayer. It is also fully available to modders and designers of custom content. In addition to that, the USA faction has also received many new units, with a particular focus on famous carrier-based aircraft. Overall, 70 new models will be added to the game.

In the Pacific theater naval warfare played a prominent and critical role, and thus the naval aspect of the game needed to be expanded and have depth added. For this reason, naval game rules have been significantly revamped and extended. All the existing content has also been tested and tweaked to work with the new naval system without any glitches.

The new Pacific campaign represents many famous (and some not so famous) battles which took place between 1941 and 1943, among which are Guadalcanal, Midway, Wake Island and Tarawa. As players have come to expect, after finishing this campaign, it will be possible to save core units and bring them to the next part of the series.

We will reveal and show more of Panzer Corps 2: Pacific and disclose the release date in the next few months. More information can be currently found on its product page.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Panzer Corps goes Pacific

Post by calmhatchery »

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRAND CAMPAIGN DLCs for JAPANESE PLEASE !!!!! great news !!!!!!
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

calmhatchery wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:44 pm YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRAND CAMPAIGN DLCs for JAPANESE PLEASE !!!!! great news !!!!!!
The scenario list looks more to me like a US Player Campaign than Japanese.
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

adiekmann wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:15 pm
calmhatchery wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:44 pm YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRAND CAMPAIGN DLCs for JAPANESE PLEASE !!!!! great news !!!!!!
I think the devs will make campaign also for the US and for a Japanese too, please look on these japenese equipment :)...
and please look on the markets with Japanese units :)...for me all is clear..
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

calmhatchery wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:24 pm
adiekmann wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:15 pm
I think the devs will make campaign also for the US and for a Japanese too, please look on these japenese equipment :)...
and please look on the markets with Japanese units :)...for me all is clear..
Maybe in the future, but those are US offensive battles, not Japanese. If you were making a Japanese campaign, wouldn't you start with China, Pearl Harbor, Singapore, Dutch East Indies, etc.?
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

We will see. IN 1941 For the Japanese was the offensive time !! too...starting in dec 1941...we will see...
BaronVonKrieg
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by BaronVonKrieg »

calmhatchery wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:45 pm We will see. IN 1941 For the Japanese was the offensive time !! too...starting in dec 1941...we will see...
yeah japan was in war for 4 years at that point, more logical start point would be sino-japanse war
calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by calmhatchery »

yes I agree with you!! I know that but maybe the Devs have another different plans about those chapters :)
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Great news!!!
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Will the Japanese units also be incorporated into the magnificent Random Mission Generator?
At the moment (July 2021) these below are the available nationalities you can choose to play.
(PS- just to digress, why are there no Spanish units in there?)

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:43 pm Will the Japanese units also be incorporated into the magnificent Random Mission Generator?
Yes, absolutely. Japan will be added here.
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Last edited by uzbek2012 on Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

I guess it makes a lot more sense to do a smaller USA campaign to test out the Pacific front (maybe in 2 parts) and the do a Grand Campaign for the Japanese alter, once the new mechanics that are required to make naval combat work are tested extensively and balanced out. Plus the current Grand Campaign is hopefully called Axis Operations for a reason - I even imagine a scenario in which you can one day invade the USA with Japanese, German and Italian cores combined - heck maybe even Hungary or Romania. If dream, then dream big. :D
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

For those of you who missed the anouncement and interview with Rudankort ..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1081573784

P

Pat a Pixel Pusher

CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Hi I am new to the forum. I was wondering if Infantry be more of a important class of units to use in the Pacific campaign as tank combat was not as big as it is in the European theater of war.
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

CaptainRope1 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:30 pm Hi I am new to the forum. I was wondering if Infantry be more of a important class of units to use in the Pacific campaign as tank combat was not as big as it is in the European theater of war.
Its too early to say yet but as you say, given the less important role played by tanks in the Pacific, you can expect navy, air and foot to have more emphasis.

And flamethrowers.

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

And flamethrower tanks as well as flamethrowers )
https://smolbattle.ru/threads/%D0%9E%D0 ... %B8.59586/
Flamethrower "Sherman" smokes the Japanese out of the "fox holes", Iwo Jima, 1945 (waralbum.ru)
https://wwii.space/ognemetnyie-tanki/

And there were still tanks there maybe not massively as in Europe )
http://otvaga2004.ru/tanki/v-boyah/tank ... om-okeane/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C5%8Dk% ... y%C5%8D_Ki
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

Patrick Ward wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:54 am
CaptainRope1 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:30 pm Hi I am new to the forum. I was wondering if Infantry be more of a important class of units to use in the Pacific campaign as tank combat was not as big as it is in the European theater of war.
Its too early to say yet but as you say, given the less important role played by tanks in the Pacific, you can expect navy, air and foot to have more emphasis.

And flamethrowers.

Pat
I hope when you do infantry for the game you could do support role for unit like a morler team and heavy machine gun team. They be like mini anti-tank and artillery units. you could have Amplifies tanks as a unit we can prices and apc
CaptainRope1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by CaptainRope1 »

You could also work on marines unit for the game as high damage glass cannon unit. Cause most of the time this unit use in the war they attack fordefatd bunker and machine gun pstishouns with little to no cover at all where there would be alot of casuties.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Yeah, it's Pacific General 2 :)
Last edited by terminator on Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News & Announcements”