Re: Panzer Corps goes Pacific

Post by PaxusZero »

Now how do we get peoples general 2?
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Probably everything will work out if there is a commercial success ) In the meantime, Panzer Corps 2 unfortunately limps on both legs )
https://wiki2.wiki/wiki/People%27s_General
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

uzbek2012 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:13 am Probably everything will work out if there is a commercial success ) In the meantime, Panzer Corps 2 unfortunately limps on both legs )
Is there a particular reason why you constantly feel the need to take a dump on this game?

I mean, I get it, you don't like it and would rather see additional content for PC1, but this is getting rather weird at this point. You have very little idea how PC2 is doing compared to its expectations, yet you always act like you do. If you are interested in getting more content for PC1, constantly attacking those who are responsible for the games isn't going to cut it.
Stephen1024
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Stephen1024 »

Hi

Was wondering can imagine that there be US and Japanese campaign but will there be chance of a British Burma campaign? I personally would pay and play all three. I will continue with European campaigns too as am really enjoying all content so far. Think Pacific direction is good idea. That said Hope European theater will get more then just German east campaign and both dont become competition for each other.

Thanks for everything so far.
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

George_Parr wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:48 am
uzbek2012 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:13 am Probably everything will work out if there is a commercial success ) In the meantime, Panzer Corps 2 unfortunately limps on both legs )
Is there a particular reason why you constantly feel the need to take a dump on this game?

I mean, I get it, you don't like it and would rather see additional content for PC1, but this is getting rather weird at this point. You have very little idea how PC2 is doing compared to its expectations, yet you always act like you do. If you are interested in getting more content for PC1, constantly attacking those who are responsible for the games isn't going to cut it.
There does seem be lot hate especially 3d part. Personally love both games and am enjoying pc1 grand campaign mod to. Sometimes wonder if people have to much expectation which then blinds them to seeing what is great. Pc2 great in its own way but it never be Pc1. Same with Pc1 mod for Pc2 it's not really Pc1 grand campaign it's bit of mix. They all great in own way. Still play Pc1. Wouldn't it be better if instead of negative trying make Pc2 best it can be!
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Since when to express your opinion, it became a game to dump (what about democracy, glasnost, freedom of choice ? I have a question for you: who are more fans of the first part or the second ?
scott_mathieson
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by scott_mathieson »

From the interview it sounds like there will beat huge amount of content to come,. 2 major points i picked up were that the lead developer feels they stopped making content for PC1 to early so wont be repeating that mistake and they wont be doing Vietnam for commercial reasons. All points to lots of content as long as it gets bought.

also each chapter will be different they hinted that commendation points were a AO thing and heroes getting to hard to mange so cant wait.
George_Parr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by George_Parr »

uzbek2012 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:18 am

Since when to express your opinion, it became a game to dump (what about democracy, glasnost, freedom of choice ? I have a question for you: who are more fans of the first part or the second ?
What on earth are you even talking about?
None of this has anything to do with democracy, glasnost ot freedom of choice. You are free to have an opinion, and others are free to think that your opinion - or more precisely: your constant attempts to badmouth this game for no good reason - are demeaning and offer little beyond attacks. Last I heard, I wasn't the government, therefore freedom of speech isn't in any way infringed. It is rather odd to demand the right to your own opinion, when you try to deny the same right to others.

It's one thing to dislike something, or to think something else is better. It is something entirely different to constantly go to a place and tell everyone that the thing they are talking about sucks. That, is generally considered to be trolling. Add your comments about how PC2 is "failing" even though you have zero idea whether it actually is, and I'm really not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Do I love PC1 and wouldn't mind further content? Yes. Do I think you are free to dislike PC2 and hope for more content for PC1? Yes. That doesn't mean that I consider constant bashing for the sake of bashing - you are offering no constructive criticism after all - to be a useful thing to do. And I certainly think it is odd behaviour to make up "facts" about something the way you do about this game.

Your question is completely meaningless, because there is zero way to find out unless you have official data, which you don't. This isn't about what is more popular. Even if something was more popular, it still would say nothing about popularity itself. The second most successful movie ever is less popular than the most successfuil movie ever. Does that somehow mean that it isn't popular? No, of course not. If it wouldn't be popular it wouldn't be the second most successful movie ever. There simply is no direct connection between relative popularity to something else, and popularity in general.

If PC2 was oh so unsuccessful, they wouldn't put more resources into delivering even more fresh content than before.

Stephen1024 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:05 am There does seem be lot hate especially 3d part. Personally love both games and am enjoying pc1 grand campaign mod to. Sometimes wonder if people have to much expectation which then blinds them to seeing what is great. Pc2 great in its own way but it never be Pc1. Same with Pc1 mod for Pc2 it's not really Pc1 grand campaign it's bit of mix. They all great in own way. Still play Pc1. Wouldn't it be better if instead of negative trying make Pc2 best it can be!
I agree. I find both games to be great, and I also enjoy the GC mod for PC2. One can like things without putting down something else. And even if one dislikes something, one can either try and make the best out of it, or leave it behind. PC1 doesn't vanish just because PC2 exists. If a game ends up not to a person's liking, that is a pity, I'm sure everyone would feel better if things worked for everyone, but this sort of stuff happens. You can never please everybody. At that point one can either try and help improve things, or be disappointed that it isn't working out and look for something else. Other options aren't really helping anyone.
wecker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by wecker »

Hi all,

this is a really pleasant suprise. One of my old favorite games (Pacific General) returns finally to the screens.

This opens up an amazing set of campaigns.

I already mentioned it once the japanese campaigns were twofold - either go to the west to India and meet the Germans in Persia or go to Australia, Hawaii and the US West Coast :D

But - the following list of scenarios seems to point into another direction.

Let`s take a closer look:

• Wake Island - is a japanese attack on a US garrisoned island. To my knowledge all american personell went into captivity. So playwise rather a scenario for a japanese oriented campaign.
• Philippines '41 - also an japanese attack on american troops and their native allies. An american retreat which brings us to:
• Bataan - an american nightmare where most forces surrendered and where driven through the jungle as captives. A lot of them died and even more died in the prison camps. Only few americans got away from Bataan - amongst them a US General called MacArthur...What about the fruitless and last american resistence on the island of Corregidor? Until now we see stagering US losses with little "core-building" player capacity.
• Raids - well - there were a lot of raids - e.g. that of a Mister Doolitle with his B-25s bombing Tokio starting from an aircraft carrier and trying to fly over to China. This would be a clearly US driven scenario.
• Lae-Salamaua - the tide turns. Effortless japanese activities to reach Port Moresby were interrupted by allied landings in Lae - more a US victory
• Coral Sea - the famous air battle relying on aircraft carriers - no clear victor - albeit later it became clear that it was rather an american gain
• Midway - classical american win - so we say goodbye to any japanese core units
• New Guinea - hm - Port Moresby?
• Guadalcanal - says all - Marines landing and holding their positions against japanese suicidal attacks
• Naval Guadalcanal - an american retreat followed by massive fights and losses and in the end an american victory
• New Georgia - US landing victory with practically no japanese survivors
• Bougainville - US landing victory with practically no japanese survivors
• Rabaul - to my knowledge only US bombing raids and a naval blockade - no landing operation
• Tarawa- - US landing victory with practically no japanese survivors

So if we see these scenarios I am really curious how this will start and end :D

It seems clear that we now leave the name "PanzerCorps" - because there was not such a concept by either side in the Pacific.

Did you notice the screenshot of the japanese "buying screen"? There is no infantry available for buying.

So I am really curious - I would have expected a western allied campaign - or a soviet one.

Let`s see - thumbs up. I put it already into my wishlist on Steam.
adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by adiekmann »

wecker wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:18 pm Hi all,

this is a really pleasant suprise. One of my old favorite games (Pacific General) returns finally to the screens.

This opens up an amazing set of campaigns.

I already mentioned it once the japanese campaigns were twofold - either go to the west to India and meet the Germans in Persia or go to Australia, Hawaii and the US West Coast :D

But - the following list of scenarios seems to point into another direction.

Let`s take a closer look:

• Wake Island - is a japanese attack on a US garrisoned island. To my knowledge all american personell went into captivity. So playwise rather a scenario for a japanese oriented campaign.
• Philippines '41 - also an japanese attack on american troops and their native allies. An american retreat which brings us to:
• Bataan - an american nightmare where most forces surrendered and where driven through the jungle as captives. A lot of them died and even more died in the prison camps. Only few americans got away from Bataan - amongst them a US General called MacArthur...What about the fruitless and last american resistence on the island of Corregidor? Until now we see stagering US losses with little "core-building" player capacity.
• Raids - well - there were a lot of raids - e.g. that of a Mister Doolitle with his B-25s bombing Tokio starting from an aircraft carrier and trying to fly over to China. This would be a clearly US driven scenario.
• Lae-Salamaua - the tide turns. Effortless japanese activities to reach Port Moresby were interrupted by allied landings in Lae - more a US victory
• Coral Sea - the famous air battle relying on aircraft carriers - no clear victor - albeit later it became clear that it was rather an american gain
• Midway - classical american win - so we say goodbye to any japanese core units
• New Guinea - hm - Port Moresby?
• Guadalcanal - says all - Marines landing and holding their positions against japanese suicidal attacks
• Naval Guadalcanal - an american retreat followed by massive fights and losses and in the end an american victory
• New Georgia - US landing victory with practically no japanese survivors
• Bougainville - US landing victory with practically no japanese survivors
• Rabaul - to my knowledge only US bombing raids and a naval blockade - no landing operation
• Tarawa- - US landing victory with practically no japanese survivors

So if we see these scenarios I am really curious how this will start and end :D

It seems clear that we now leave the name "PanzerCorps" - because there was not such a concept by either side in the Pacific.

Did you notice the screenshot of the japanese "buying screen"? There is no infantry available for buying.

So I am really curious - I would have expected a western allied campaign - or a soviet one.

Let`s see - thumbs up. I put it already into my wishlist on Steam.
I need to rewatch the twitch tv interview with Alex because I know I missed some things, but he did indeed confirm that this first Pacific DLC is an American campaign and that later there will be a Japanese one. I am guessing to also serve the calls on the forum for an Allied campaign, so they figured, "Okay, but let's make it then in an entirely different theater of the war."
Bombur
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Bombur »

Panzer Corps 2 will need to deal with bigger maps to simulate naval warfare...
Patrick Ward
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Patrick Ward »

wecker wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:18 pm
Because the infantry haven't yet been animated and so aren't in the engine.

:roll: :D

Pat

Pat a Pixel Pusher

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

It's very good news that Japanese units are to be included in the Random Mission Generator, as it means we can simulate battles between them versus the Australians (using Brit units), the Americans and even the Russians..:)

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the Allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army"- Fld Marshall William Slim
https://www.azquotes.com/author/19619-W ... count_Slim

The Aussies come ashore in the Pacific-

Japs surrender to Americans at Iwo Jima-

Japs vs Russian armoured cars in Mongolia-
wecker

Post by wecker »

[/quote]

I need to rewatch the twitch tv interview with Alex because I know I missed some things, but he did indeed confirm that this first Pacific DLC is an American campaign and that later there will be a Japanese one. I am guessing to also serve the calls on the forum for an Allied campaign, so they figured, "Okay, but let's make it then in an entirely different theater of the war."
[/quote]

Thank you adiekmann - I missed a lot of information.

Alex said that this is an US campaign - so question solved :D

And thanks to Pat we now know that they are working on Japanese Infantry. Can`t wait for Teishin Dan, bicycle Units and Kempeitai :D
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Looks like they're smirking at us Slith members and calling us out!
If they're looking for trouble they came to the right place..:)

uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Japanese ski battalion on the island of Attu, 1943.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Meanwhile if anybody wants to dabble with naval warfare in PC2, there's a range of ships in the Random mission Generator including this USS Ranger carrier which you can load up with 7 fighters and/or tac bombers; and I presume you can also build 1 or 2 player missions in the Editor-

The white dots are the carrier's movement range; the planes range is over twice that-

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Edmon wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:30 pm Panzer Corps goes Pacific

In the Pacific theater naval warfare played a prominent and critical role, and thus the naval aspect of the game needed to be expanded and have depth added. For this reason, naval game rules have been significantly revamped and extended. All the existing content has also been tested and tweaked to work with the new naval system without any glitches.
Good news for naval combat :) Naval battles are currently of little interest :( Will there be any Navy Heroes?
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

Since there were different size aircraft carriers, I wonder if they will vary the aircraft capacity of different classes of aircraft carriers?
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

"Tora!...Tora!...Tora!... :"
This 'Revelation'... of a 'Pacific-Campaign'... was quite unexpected!... 'a Great-Big-Surprise!'... 'a Most-Welcomed-Surprise!'.

Again!... a rigorously 'True to Historical Venue'... is what matters most!. Then of course... the 'Desporado! in me want's to explore the unknown... later on... if permitted... I would like to have the option to play a 'an-Ahistorical'... self directed... self determined direction in the 'Game'... if that were ever to be possible???.

Return to “News & Announcements”