Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

adiekmann
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: Panzer Corps goes Pacific

Post by adiekmann »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:44 am
adiekmann wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:20 am Since there were different size aircraft carriers, I wonder if they will vary the aircraft capacity of different classes of aircraft carriers?
Possible. Each carrier actually has a seperated entry for how many aircraft it can hold, so if they want to do something to it, they can. Check Panzer Corps2/Content/Data/Airfields.csv and you should be able to find what I mentioned.
Oh? You mean the Japanese units are already there? I didn't know or think of that! :)
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

adiekmann wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:53 pm
VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:44 am
adiekmann wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:20 am Since there were different size aircraft carriers, I wonder if they will vary the aircraft capacity of different classes of aircraft carriers?
Possible. Each carrier actually has a seperated entry for how many aircraft it can hold, so if they want to do something to it, they can. Check Panzer Corps2/Content/Data/Airfields.csv and you should be able to find what I mentioned.
Oh? You mean the Japanese units are already there? I didn't know or think of that! :)
No, I mean the carriers we currently have.
adiekmann

Post by adiekmann »

VirgilInTheSKY wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:40 am
jagfour wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:18 pm Just took a look at this interesting game. I saw the new Japanese aircraft and saw that their nick names are missing. They must be included on the aircraft id's. The Zero, Betty, Jake, Wildcat et al should be on aircraft units.
A6M Type 0 is "Zeke", not "Zero", one mistake when you mention the nickname given by the allies to the Japanese aircrats. Wildcat is okay because they are referred that way by the side using and manufacturing them, but things can get complex for late war japanese aircraft in the same way it was for German vechicles. i.e. the Nakajima B6N is called "Jill" in allied reference, but also has its own official name "Tenzan" in Imperial Japanese Navy, so which one should be put in game? The Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B is called "Königstiger/King Tiger" in allied reference but there is no such official German name, yet we see that name in game. The Brümmbär is called "StuPa" by Germans as abbreviation from "Sturmpanzer", yet there is no "StuPa" in game. There should be a principal, but should not be a "must".
Brümmbär was the German's unofficial nickname for it, not the Allies'. But you're right about the King Tiger"/"Königstiger." Those were never used (at least during the war) by the Germans.

Japanese aircraft nomenclature was somewhat confusing and that's why the nicknames from the Americans. But in this game you'll ultimately chose the aircraft by its stats, so you'll get used to it I think. Personally, I am not as familiar with them (other than Zero, Kate, and Val from early war) that it wouldn't make a big difference to me anyway.
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

adiekmann wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:06 pmJapanese aircraft nomenclature was somewhat confusing and that's why the nicknames from the Americans. But in this game you'll ultimately chose the aircraft by its stats, so you'll get used to it I think. Personally, I am not as familiar with them (other than Zero, Kate, and Val from early war) that it wouldn't make a big difference to me anyway.
Early Japanese aircraft does not have nickname except their own index, while late designs always receive a dedicated official one, the same way as Panzer I~IV and early German assault gun/SPGs. An A5M Type 96 Fighter is a "96 Fighter", a Panzer IA is a "Panzer IA", but an A7M can also be a "Reppu" and a Panzerjäger(P) can also be an "Elefant".
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Khancotlette
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Khancotlette »

Buddy, why do you constantly send books and links in Russian, do you really think anybody here would understand it or bother with google-translating all that stuff? I'm Russian myself, but I see no sense in it on an English-speaking forum, no offence :)
CaesarCzech
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by CaesarCzech »

lets hope this wont disturb the Grand Campaign Schedule,
SirAllan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by SirAllan »

Im sure it will - the same devs cant focus on both directions at the same time, just like the germans two front war.
What might be even worse, the quality of the devs work will decrease cause of stress like the nerf of the paratroopers we allready have experianced as a result :(
VirgilInTheSKY
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by VirgilInTheSKY »

SirAllan wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:22 pm Im sure it will - the same devs cant focus on both directions at the same time, just like the germans two front war.
What might be even worse, the quality of the devs work will decrease cause of stress like the nerf of the paratroopers we allready have experianced as a result :(
Pacific is developed by another group, which is already said in the interview.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Khancotlette wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:10 am Buddy, why do you constantly send books and links in Russian, do you really think anybody here would understand it or bother with google-translating all that stuff? I'm Russian myself, but I see no sense in it on an English-speaking forum, no offence :)
Don't worry, buddy, who needs to read or look at the pictures )) So mind your own business, and I'll be my own, OK ( Лады ? )
SSLConf_pewp3w

Post by SSLConf_pewp3w »

uzbek2012 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:11 am
Khancotlette wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:10 am Buddy, why do you constantly send books and links in Russian, do you really think anybody here would understand it or bother with google-translating all that stuff? I'm Russian myself, but I see no sense in it on an English-speaking forum, no offence :)
Don't worry, buddy, who needs to read or look at the pictures )) So mind your own business, and I'll be my own, OK ( Лады ? )
It was a fair question. A forum is not to mind your own business. But almost all of the links you post are of no value to almost all of the forum users, since they don't read/speak russian.
jagfour
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by jagfour »

I don't remember seeing the Russian language being banned anywhere. I thought the inclusion of the American Japanese aircraft ID with nick names was brilliant.
jagfour

Post by jagfour »

By the way, notice fighter nicknames were male and bombers names were female. Probably something to do with the male shooting its load off into the female.😎
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

Player Option!... Name Designation:

Could we not have the choice to either use the "Americanized-Slang-Names"... or to instead be given the choice... to use the official historical given names for 'Aircraft' and other equipment?.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

pewp3w wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 am
uzbek2012 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:11 am
It was a fair question. A forum is not to mind your own business. But almost all of the links you post are of no value to almost all of the forum users, since they don't read/speak russian.
Yes, speak for yourself many people are watching many people are not watching this case and everyone's choice !

And why do we need all these nicknames when there are official names for these aircraft !? :shock:

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.ru/index. ... e__st__200

http://www.wio.ru/tacftr/prozv.htm
Stephen1024
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Stephen1024 »

Have few questions looking forward find answers to!

Tanks not king in Pacific so wonder how they deal with that. Especially as good percentage tanks be flame versions rather then standard tanks. Light tanks more widely used. Hope make for lot more infantry types and upgrades or we won't be doing much upgrading.

Pacific was lot bunkers, caves and entrenchment. Therefore close combat and entrenchment play bigger part.

Supply wasn't always city, town or port. Vast distances covered by infantry with air resupply if we go to Burma. Pacific wasn't given as much men or equipment so there lot difference.

Navel battles are major part how will that change things.

Building airfields and bases will play part to.

Will be very interesting to see how they dealt with those and how those things will effect game play in European theater.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Yes, there will be a lot to do here, not like in Europe )
https://en.topwar.ru/25258-storozhevaya ... e-dno.html
Stephen1024

Post by Stephen1024 »

:mrgreen:
uzbek2012 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:41 pm Yes, there will be a lot to do here, not like in Europe )
Wonder how they handle Japanese not surrendering!

Was insult for their honour to surrender so don't see how can have mass surrenders as in European theater. Some did but most preferred die.

How about there determination which would cause a heavy price for each victory allies gained.

Units losing just 1 here or there not what happened.

Also jungle is just as bad enemy.
Khancotlette

Post by Khancotlette »

Stephen1024 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:08 pm Wonder how they handle Japanese not surrendering!
Well, not all of them did refuse to surrender, after all Japan lost more than 1,5 million soldiers as PoWs. But there is a perk in the game, allowing the unit to become never-surrendering. I guess, giving that perk to the half or maybe third of Japanese units in each scenario would make sense :)
Last edited by Khancotlette on Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Stephen1024 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:08 pm :mrgreen:
uzbek2012 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:41 pm Yes, there will be a lot to do here, not like in Europe )
Wonder how they handle Japanese not surrendering!

Was insult for their honour to surrender so don't see how can have mass surrenders as in European theater. Some did but most preferred die.

How about there determination which would cause a heavy price for each victory allies gained.

Units losing just 1 here or there not what happened.

Also jungle is just as bad enemy.
You can improve morale or other qualities ) And they still surrendered to captivity the same Kwantung army for example )
With the beginning of the Manchurian operation, on August 16, 1945, the commander of the Kwantung Army, General Yamada Otozo, ordered his army to surrender, after Emperor Hirohito announced the surrender of Japan on August 14, 1945, some Japanese divisions refused to surrender, and fighting continued for the next few days.

During the Manchurian operation of the Soviet troops, the Kwantung Army lost about 84 thousand soldiers and officers killed, more than 15 thousand died of wounds and diseases on the territory of Manchuria, about 600 thousand people were captured, while the irretrievable losses of the Soviet Army amounted to about 12 thousand people.

BUT yes there were also fanatics who believed that it was a great honor to die in battle )
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

https://en.topwar.ru/4468-pochemu-yapon ... ranah.html

To run with such a stick, you definitely need steel eggs )))
https://en.topwar.ru/159322-protivotank ... vojne.html
https://e-news.su/in-world/271570-odna- ... amato.html

Return to “News & Announcements”