Moderator: Slitherine Core

SiberianStorm
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - 2021 World Championship Begins

Post by SiberianStorm »

Folklore wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:24 pm
SiberianStorm wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:50 pm
bendtheknee wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm by experience on the last tournaments, the points count is finished and by finishing before the 20 rounds, you lose points...
This is unfortunately correct. :!:
I won in round 8 while my opponent took the last objective in the round 15.
Scoreboard shows he was awarded more points.
Are you talking about the current tournament?
Yes sir! 2021 WC
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by ElLobo »

Owi wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:04 pm still waiting for my opponent
anoying :roll:
You´re not alone!!! I´m waiting too, ...hopefully this weekend, she /he is looking, and starts playing!!!! :roll:
Haze0008
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Haze0008 »

Z
DMcCooey206

Post by DMcCooey206 »

bendtheknee wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:42 pm by experience on the last tournaments, the points count is finished and by finishing before the 20 rounds, you lose points...
Can you elaborate? Are you saying the objective points are scored higher in the later turns of the game? And what is meant by if you finish before turn 20 you lose points? what does that mean? When I looked at the Daily scoreboard on day 2, some players had high hundreds of points. My game has only gone 1 turn and my opponent may have stopped but, has only been 1 full day so maybe he'll engage tomorrow? So what happens if he has given up?
bendtheknee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bendtheknee »

[/quote]
Can you elaborate? Are you saying the objective points are scored higher in the later turns of the game? And what is meant by if you finish before turn 20 you lose points? what does that mean? When I looked at the Daily scoreboard on day 2, some players had high hundreds of points. My game has only gone 1 turn and my opponent may have stopped but, has only been 1 full day so maybe he'll engage tomorrow? So what happens if he has given up?
[/quote]

by experience on the last 2 tournaments, finishing on turn 10 will make you lose the point count that will give each turn until turn 20. in this case you should not capture the last hexagon and wait for each turn ....
In the same, if your opponent loses quickly and no longer plays his turns, your point count stops. and last point, the victory condition do not stipulating to capture the hexagons at the same time, capturing it once in the game is enough to be counted even if you lose it afterwards (which results in a quick victory and therefore a loss of point).
bubu13
alexlucca18
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by alexlucca18 »

Hi folks,
I have just deplopyed my army and I'm waiting to play the turn 1, but after two days nothing happen. I suppose to wait for my opponent move but clock is running for both.
It's normal???
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

alexlucca18 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:25 am Hi folks,
I have just deplopyed my army and I'm waiting to play the turn 1, but after two days nothing happen. I suppose to wait for my opponent move but clock is running for both.
It's normal???
What's normal is a question of personal preference.
Without rules and guidelines it solely depends on your opponent as of now.

Some wait impatiently for the start - others have already forgotten about the tournament and need a couple of days to catch up.

The only constant for everybody: It is a lot of time.
Same as any effort - it always looks easy or irrelevant from the outside.
Once you go through it, you realize how much goes into it.
All based on personal value of the ressource time.

The last challenges in PzC1 I calculated with 20-40h (playing both sides - preparation, testgame with another player, real game + chat, notes, etc).
For any productive person that is close to the entire free recreational time per month (after sport, social life and high priority occupations).
To demand higher priority would in return demand a lot more prestige and rewards for strategy esports.

Bottom line:
One week no reaction would be my absolute limit. After that I would get dismayed and probably contact support.
After a week the other person should play quick and not test your patience any further. Otherwise that person SHOULD take the fall for a missed deadline in the end.
In the last WC tournament rare cases of such problems were ruled based on the evidence the server provides.
How this will factor into this scoring system is the real question. There is still hope and time to remedy it...

Fingers crossed
DMcCooey206

Post by DMcCooey206 »

[/quote]

by experience on the last 2 tournaments, finishing on turn 10 will make you lose the point count that will give each turn until turn 20. in this case you should not capture the last hexagon and wait for each turn ....
In the same, if your opponent loses quickly and no longer plays his turns, your point count stops. and last point, the victory condition do not stipulating to capture the hexagons at the same time, capturing it once in the game is enough to be counted even if you lose it afterwards (which results in a quick victory and therefore a loss of point).
[/quote]

Well that is disappointing. Certainly sounds like they didn't think through the points system very well there, with so much value placed on the competence of the opponents you draw. Simple Swiss system with all wins being worth same, again so obvious it's hard to understand the thinking process?
DarkBlueInk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DarkBlueInk »

I seriously cannot believe Slitherine went forward with a "World Championship" tournament with this scoring flaw. And not playing your turn in a timely manner should have a significant penalty. Waiting a week (out of 3 weeks in the round) is not right. I've played tournaments for many games and honestly this is the most amateurish I have come across. I almost hope my opponent doesn't show up so I have a reason to drop this dog.
Vindictus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Vindictus »

It is looking like the Sitzgrieg continues for me as my opponent has not showed up either

I have played a number of Order of Battle tournaments, and this is a common problem, with your opponent showing up too late to complete the round of not showing up at all. This format is better than the OOB tourneys though, because they have given plenty of time to complete a round, and the fact that there are many rounds (compared to the 3 in the OOB tourneys)

If you win by forfeit, you will be awarded a modest amount of points that will have you down the ladder, but not so bad that you cant come back. The matchmaking for the next round will pair you against another closest to your current points, so next round you will be paired against another who won by forfiet.

By round 3, all the no-shows will be down at the bottom of the ladder, and all the players competing will be at the top, and from thereon you will be matched against the players that show up to play.

I will say that it is better to win by forfeit than to play a shortened game, I wish there was an option to claim a forfeit victory after 4 days of an opponent not showing.
Folklore
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Folklore »

SiberianStorm wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:25 pm

Yes sir! 2021 WC
Good lord.
Do devs not acknowledge that it's an issue or are they physically unable to fix it? What a joke.
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

Folklore wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:28 am
SiberianStorm wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:25 pm
Yes sir! 2021 WC
Good lord.
Do devs not acknowledge that it's an issue or are they physically unable to fix it? What a joke.
.....thank you very much,.....this means do not win until the last round!!!
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

Scoring system like in the soccer?

would it be easier to change for the scoring system of a win or loss like in the soccer?
3 points for victory, 1 point for a patt, and of course 0 for a loss,....
and alle the tricks or annyoing stuff with more points for the one that need more time to win is gone?

And a little plus for the faster one should be able to impliment to, an extra point for three games that you win 7 turns ahead?

I don´t like that you get points on killing units,....i see the goal to conquer the objects and not to kill units, sometimes is better to outflank and to be fast,....now it´s like WW1!!
Cowboy00

Post by Cowboy00 »

ElLobo wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:17 pm
Owi wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:04 pm still waiting for my opponent
anoying :roll:
You´re not alone!!! I´m waiting too, ...hopefully this weekend, she /he is looking, and starts playing!!!! :roll:
+1, I´m in the same situation
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

Hey guys,

I am here reading all of your comments and concerns. I will see if I can get something put together for you guys as soon as is possible.
Auggie
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Auggie »

Edmon wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:53 pm Hey guys,

I am here reading all of your comments and concerns. I will see if I can get something put together for you guys as soon as is possible.
Well can you then fix the tournament page so people can leave before the tournament starts. According to the tournament page a leave button will be displayed but for me only a join button was shown. I posted this fact in the official tournament thread and asked to be removed from the tournament about 10 days ago. Yet it seems I'm still in the tournament?
karste70

Post by karste70 »

ja scheint alles sehr blöd zu laufen. Mein Gegner rührt sich einfach nicht und ich schaue ständig erfolglos nach. Das verdirbt mir jeden Spaß!
Bagatrix1805
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Bagatrix1805 »

I am confused again by the scoring, ok so i had a great game against a very good opponent, we both scored very similar, I was leading in the scores overall until the last turns, here is from my perspective what happened and i would love an explanation.
on turn 12 me as the Germans had finally eliminated all opposition units and captured the objectives, my opponent as the Germans on turn 15 was unable to capture the last objective and i still had 1 unit left.
now as i had killed all the Polish troops and captured all by turn 12 and i was told German victory followed by me also get a win as the poles, and yet he overtook my score on the final turns even though I held the objectives for a longer period and we both killed all (in my case) and all but one for my opponent.
So why when i now check the score it shows he has a better score?
Can some one please suggest what happened, or better still the organiser
DMcCooey206

Post by DMcCooey206 »

Bagatrix1805 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:30 pm I am confused again by the scoring, ok so i had a great game against a very good opponent, we both scored very similar, I was leading in the scores overall until the last turns, here is from my perspective what happened and i would love an explanation.
on turn 12 me as the Germans had finally eliminated all opposition units and captured the objectives, my opponent as the Germans on turn 15 was unable to capture the last objective and i still had 1 unit left.
now as i had killed all the Polish troops and captured all by turn 12 and i was told German victory followed by me also get a win as the poles, and yet he overtook my score on the final turns even though I held the objectives for a longer period and we both killed all (in my case) and all but one for my opponent.
So why when i now check the score it shows he has a better score?
Yeah this is a Tournament buster. for me... if they don't fix this soon a lot of players we remain disgusted. It's sad that the same effort put into game development wasn't put into figuring out a good scoring system. I'm actually still looking for the player that like this scoring system?
Folklore
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Folklore »

DMcCooey206 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:35 pm I'm actually still looking for the player that like this scoring system?
The scoring system is pretty good for this kind of game. It's just the early victory problem that they refuse to fix.
Bagatrix1805 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:30 pm So why when i now check the score it shows he has a better score?
The remaining points for winning early are not added. That is what we were talking about in recent posts.

Return to “News & Announcements”