Order Of Battle - Allies Resurgent is out

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Mantuvec
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order Of Battle - Allies Resurgent is out

Post by Mantuvec »

Allies Resurgent, the second chapter in the trilogy of DLCs featuring World War II from the Allied perspective, is out now. The new campaign depicts battles in North Africa, the Mediterranean, and finally in Europe from late 1942 to early 1944.

At the start of the campaign, you lead US forces in Operation Torch, which marks the beginning of US involvement in the fighting in North Africa. After the first battle against Vichy-French units, you’ll need to prevail against veteran Axis forces in Tunisia.

Afterward, the campaign shifts focus to the British Eighth Army’s advance into southern Tunisia. Following a successful breakthrough at the Mareth Line, the British push north: they aim to form a continuous front with the Allied forces which participated in Operation Torch, and advance into Tunisia from the west.

In spring 1943, you will take command of both the US and British forces in a combined offensive to retake Tunis, and will put an end to the Axis presence in North Africa for good.

The last stage of Allies Resurgent features the return of Allied ground forces to Europe, beginning with the amphibious invasion of Sicily. Finally, you’ll have to invade mainland Italy at Salerno, defeat German defenses at the Volturno Line, and ultimately take back Rome.

Allies Resurgent also adds 2 new specializations, 5 new Allied commanders, 12 scenarios, and 11 new units for both Allied and Axis countries:
  • Re 2002, Italian fighter-bomber
  • PZW 42, rocket launcher on Halftrack
  • DD Bourrasque, French destroyer
  • DD L'Adroit, French destroyer
  • C15 TA, Canadian armored truck
  • L4 Grasshopper, US recon plane
  • M3 ScoutCar, US armored car, recon
  • T28E CGMC, US anti-air unit on halftrack
  • T30 HMC, US artillery on halftrack
  • A36 Apache, US ground attack version of P-51 fighter
  • Lancaster, heavy British strategic bomber
Tune in today on our Slitherine Twitch Channel at 4.30 pm BST, where Gamer1745 will show the DLC for the first time.

You can now enjoy the brand new “Allies” Bundle, which contains both the Allies Defiance and Allies Resurgent DLCs, at 20% off. Stay tuned, because there will be a new tournament starting in the next few days with Allies Resurgent-themed levels.
JDLgnd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Order Of Battle - Allies Resurgent is out

Post by JDLgnd »

Thanks for the DLC.
PawelS
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by PawelS »

I see there is no line between Allies Defiant and Allies Resurgent in the campaign selection screen. Does it mean I can't import the core from Allies Defiant in Allies Resurgent? I know it starts with US forces, but later the British appear too, and it would be nice to be able import them from the previous campaign (I haven't actually played Allies Defiant yet, that's why I can't check it myself.)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

PawelS wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:26 pm I see there is no line between Allies Defiant and Allies Resurgent in the campaign selection screen. Does it mean I can't import the core from Allies Defiant in Allies Resurgent? I know it starts with US forces, but later the British appear too, and it would be nice to be able import them from the previous campaign (I haven't actually played Allies Defiant yet, that's why I can't check it myself.)
Just a graphical bug, you can import your core from Allies Defiant.
gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by gunny »

Thanks for bundling Defiant and Insurgent in an Allies Battlepack with a little bit of a discount - - I just bought both of them woo hoo !!!

Allies pic b.jpg
Allies pic b.jpg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 7309 times
HEY !!! It reads when I go to install Allies Insurgent to go to downloads and install the 906 patch thing or something ... so is this patch working good ????????????????????
thanks for reply ... I think we had a minor problem with the 903 update ... so this 906 is the Bomb ????

I tinks I'll just install Defiant and play with it until I get a reply regarding this Insurgent patch .... before I installs it but I did download the 906 patch but haven't ran it yet ... :roll:
CrazyBear
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CrazyBear »

well I tried to purchase 3 hours ago no go then again just now I tried 2 cards and Pay pal no go on any 3 of them .Also did you fix the Escape issues I posted about that could get no air support or they escaped and lost no matter what was done .
only have one review on Steam was beta tester so not sure why I cannot purchase the beta discount code says it's good
LN59
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by LN59 »

Hi, and thank you for this new DLC!

I just have one question for you before I buy it.
Are there plans to make a physical version (DVD) available to us in addition to the downloadable one,
as had been done for all the other DLCs under the OOB: WWII license?
Thank you in advance for your kind response.

LN59
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

LN59 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:49 am Hi, and thank you for this new DLC!

Are there plans to make a physical version (DVD) available to us in addition to the downloadable one,

LN59
I am strictly speaking from what information i have come across... and it's not an absolute guaranteed certainty... is that 'Everything' is going 'Digital'. For example the Computer that i have right now... has 'No-CD Drive'... but does have a 1-Terabyte "Solid-State Hard Drive"... no-Moving-Parts!... no-internal-Disks!. As well i have ordered an External Solid State USB Hard Drive...[again... no moving parts... no Disks]. I am willing to venture forth and say that the day of the CD/DVD disk is probably over... going the way of the Dinosaur.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

gunny wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:33 pm Thanks for bundling Defiant and Insurgent in an Allies Battlepack with a little bit of a discount - - I just bought both of them woo hoo !
Good choice, do not forget to get your Steam keys :idea:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

LN59
There is still a last DLC to complete the trilogy of allies, after I don’t know...
stevefprice
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by stevefprice »

So I tried buying it and using my discount voucher - Screen hangs and I've no idea if my card payment has gone through or not.

Now I recall why i never bothered with the Allies Defiant DLC after the Beta, same happened and it was never resolved although my account was not debited that time.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

stevefprice wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:17 am So I tried buying it and using my discount voucher - Screen hangs and I've no idea if my card payment has gone through or not.

Now I recall why i never bothered with the Allies Defiant DLC after the Beta, same happened and it was never resolved although my account was not debited that time.
You'll have to contact support@slitherine.com.
LN59
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by LN59 »

Retributarr wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:26 am I am strictly speaking from what information i have come across... and it's not an absolute guaranteed certainty... is that 'Everything' is going 'Digital'. For example the Computer that i have right now... has 'No-CD Drive'... but does have a 1-Terabyte "Solid-State Hard Drive"... no-Moving-Parts!... no-internal-Disks!. As well i have ordered an External Solid State USB Hard Drive...[again... no moving parts... no Disks]. I am willing to venture forth and say that the day of the CD/DVD disk is probably over... going the way of the Dinosaur.
:) Thanks for your clarification.

Being an "Old Timer", I didn't really perceive this technical evolution well
because my PC is quite old (Windows 7) and I can't change it as quickly as
the technological evolution requires and my funds allow me! :oops:

Best Regards,
LN59
Bobthenailer1

Post by Bobthenailer1 »

Is there any idea when the new DLC will be available for Mac users?
Brenmusik

Post by Brenmusik »

Can't help you with that, but it's good to know you're still about :)
gunny

Post by gunny »

LN59

I download the file or files etc. whatever and then if I want I suppose I could copy my files to a CD that I make...

But here is a screen shot.
slith store a.jpg
slith store a.jpg (87.38 KiB) Viewed 6911 times
First of all I ONLY buy stuff when I can from Slitherine or Matrix Games. I rarely download the steam keys I hate dealing with steam mostly because I was around way before computers and I think Steam runs to much stuff in the background and I am convinced it messes with refresh rates and is hard on the eyes when running.

Main thing though is it shows here among other things one can get a Physical copy of it. Also it shows a discount if ya buy both of em. Which probably most everyone already has the first one ... The purchases on Slitherine always work fine with me. Steam its more involved in addition with steam you get whatever update there is of the game with Slitherine you buy it when it first comes out with the original version then you can patch it as needed and if you do not like a patch you simply do not install it ..

And all the ones that only use steam what happens when the internet goes down but your computer still works you cannot access your games whereas if you downloaded it from Slitherine your fine etc.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

gunny wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:25 pm And all the ones that only use steam what happens when the internet goes down but your computer still works you cannot access your games whereas if you downloaded it from Slitherine your fine etc.
You can play Steam games even if you don’t have an internet connection. It’s my case when I’m on the go, I don’t always have an internet connection, so I play offline with Steam.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Bobthenailer1 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:58 pm Is there any idea when the new DLC will be available for Mac users?
I'm sorry but it won't be released on Mac.
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=103635

But there's a workaround if you play it via Geforce Now:
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=104173

Return to “News & Announcements”