The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off…. ever

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Tempest
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: The perfect Easter Egg for a wargamer! Up to 50% off….

Post by Tempest » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:53 pm

Whatever. :roll:

Larac
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Larac » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:44 am

Tried 4 codes all were used last night, but the egg said they were good.

Sorta like finding a Special Egg at a hunt, and having a bully snatch it away just as you go to redeem it, in front of the person running the hunt, and that person saying it was all your own fault.

Ian,
Letting someone think they have a discount and then pulling away at the moment of payment was really not a good or thought out idea.

Good luck with the rest of the year,

Lee

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:06 am

Larac wrote:Tried 4 codes all were used last night, but the egg said they were good.

Sorta like finding a Special Egg at a hunt, and having a bully snatch it away just as you go to redeem it, in front of the person running the hunt, and that person saying it was all your own fault.

Ian,
Letting someone think they have a discount and then pulling away at the moment of payment was really not a good or thought out idea.
Exactly. I would have loved to have had a break to fit my budget and being denied that at the point-of-sale after thinking that I "won" it (four times) was not cool. Fortunately that irritation was very temporary and minor in the grand scheme of life...and I can certainly live w/o a couple more games for a while too.
IainMcNeil wrote:Hi guys this was just some fun. There were savings up to 50% and we made it very clear how it worked. I don't understand the backlash but we'll probably never do it again because of the moaning. It took a fair bit of effort to set up so thanks for the appreciation.
Can I assume that this effort was made by paid employees (and not volunteers) on a promotional device that resulted in profit for your business?

As I suggested in an earlier post today, I would have appreciated some way of knowing that the eggs were all done on some kind of "egg tracker" on the top page of the site. But there's no need to throw out promotions and sales altogether just because one aspect of this one didn't work to complete customer satisfaction. My hope was that feedback offered here be taken objectively and constructively, so that you all can make adjustments to your promotional tools or tactics.

MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MesaDon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:42 am

UGH! I think it may be time to give this a rest. Every point of view has been covered and the powers that be have commented. We should all go ahead and enjoy the fine games, no matter what we paid. May everyone have a Happy Easter or a great weekend depending on personal beliefs.

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:23 am

Mesadon, don't worry, I'm enjoying the game, but I feel I owe Tempest a reply.

Thanks for the reply to my earlier post, Tempest, and like I said, I don't mind people expressing their opinions, especially when they picked up a code that was no longer valid when purchasing. That is frustrating for sure, I hope that was clear. And I have no idea what you mean by 'insults or anything', I didn't see customer feedback containing insults? Indeed my quick example of 'while stocks last' was not the best, maybe I should have compared it to the type of discount where only the first X nr. of customers get a certain discount, they still do that in some shops these days? Anyway, that would be a better example I guess.

To explain, by 'complaints' I mean general negative response that has a specific point, a fairly neutral term I think, but not every complaint is equally legitimate I think. I adressed your point (and that of FJeff) of finding an invalid code as being frustrating, so that would indicate that I would consider your complaint to have a legitimate basis :wink: . The other complaints I just don't understand, and I'm not that stupid :mrgreen: .

I don't mind them posting about it, it's their call, I just don't understand it. It's the same thing with the recent announcement of the MegaPack discount for existing DLC owners, and the occasional beta-tester who would like a free game because he made two posts about it during the beta-test. So I guess I'm just a little puzzled why every time some sort of promotion is discussed this sort of feedback is so frequently encountered. It must be because of the nature of the internet, I guess?

But I agree with your comments about how to improve such promotions:
As I suggested in an earlier post today, I would have appreciated some way of knowing that the eggs were all done on some kind of "egg tracker" on the top page of the site. But there's no need to throw out promotions and sales altogether just because one aspect of this one didn't work to complete customer satisfaction. My hope was that feedback offered here be taken objectively and constructively, so that you all can make adjustments to your promotional tools or tactics.
I may have other some suggestions to help smooth such operations next time? Due to the different time zones the customers live in, a little advance warning would go a long ways, and I noticed the mail from Slitherine came a couple of hours later than the forum announcement; I already had completed my transaction hours before the discount mail came in. So perhaps mail an anouncement 12-24 hours in advance, keep it simple like: 'For Easter, Slitherine has a few little surprises in store! More details will be announced around X time/date(GMT), be quick if you're interested as they will be gone soon.' Or whatever. And although I cannot tell for sure if the discount codes were shared between friends when someone found one (I could have done so easily), maybe all codes should be unique to keep it fair?

captkiwi
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by captkiwi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 pm

My two cents worth!
I was lucky to have found an easter egg worth 30% off, but as it was late at night for me I saved it until morning only to discover that it was used up by others. I had never won a prize before that was taken away. :x There should be a way to claim a prize and use it before the expiry date. Anyways, this is my thoughts on the matter. I do appreciate the 10% discount. At least there was no pressure in deciding what to spend it on.....

peter666
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by peter666 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:43 pm

I just purchased four dlc games for Panzer Corps and the option to get the Easter sales promotion did not come up. Is there a way I can get a credit?

gortwillsaveus
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by gortwillsaveus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:15 pm

alex0809 wrote:I really don't think you should let this get spoilt by very few people. How can someone complain about something like this? I honestly don't know but it's just how the internet works.
...I am pretty sure 99 % that saw this just appreaciated this little event and if they found no valid code anymore just went on with their lifes and/or bought something for 10 % off :mrgreen:
I agree Alex! Heck,...I went through every page,..found a few 30% eggs,..found they were already used up,...and instead gladly took the 10% off instead.
I also fully agree with DSWargamer,....stop whining people.

We truly live in age of entitlement!

peter666

Post by peter666 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:42 pm

any chance you will bring back the discount for the grand pack for those of us that have all the dlc for the holidays? I missed it the first time around.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:17 pm

peter666 wrote:any chance you will bring back the discount for the grand pack for those of us that have all the dlc for the holidays? I missed it the first time around.
I'm afraid it won't be possible.

peter666

Post by peter666 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:20 pm

i guess i will be spending my money someplace else

Return to “News & Announcements”