The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

LionTiger64
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:23 am

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by LionTiger64 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi,
just bought the Grand Campaign Mega Pack here on Slitherine. I also have got the link to download. But when I click on the link, the download don't starts. Is my download link broken?
Thanks for a quick reply.
Regards

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8067
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by VPaulus » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 pm

LionTiger64 wrote:Hi,
just bought the Grand Campaign Mega Pack here on Slitherine. I also have got the link to download. But when I click on the link, the download don't starts. Is my download link broken?
Thanks for a quick reply.
Regards
Just mail your order details to support[at]slitherine.co.uk and we will provide you with a new download link.

DLM936
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by DLM936 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 pm

File.png
File.png (25.59 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
Hello, I was very happy to purchase the Mega Pack today, especially with the discount which is very generous of you. However, upon attempting to download the Mega Pack, the file size shown is obviously too small or the file may be corrupt. I have sent E-mails to both Slitherine support and Plimus for help. This is incredibly discouraging since I was looking forward in playing the later campaigns today but can't.

Just curious, but does anyone test the links that are sent to customers? I realize this is a Plimus problem but they should be accountable in making sure the product is ready.

My hope is that someone in higher management will be able to ensure that Plimus will be ready for the Allied Corps download which will be coming soon. Could they please test those links so this doesn't cause a problem again?

Thanks for your attention.

BubbaK
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by BubbaK » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:44 am

When I bought the game didn't it register? Where do I find registration? If I buy and install mega pack do I have to follow that Grand Campaign tree?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13528
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:46 am

We're sorry to anyone with problems. We tested everything in every contract so at the moment don't know why some links are not working. When we get in to the office we'll be chasing Plimus to find out. So yes we did test it, not that it helps.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13528
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 am

The download issue has been found and fixed. Sorry about that guys - not sure how it was missed as these were checked yesterday before launch.

Dragoon.
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:50 am

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by Dragoon. » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:47 am

Well when I saw the 70% discount for owning all 10 DLC I was a bit irritated. I expected the discount to be higher, but then I read the explanation about the production cost and the need to break even I fully understand. The $15 I paid for the physical boxed copy are completely fair. Finally I can delete 5.15 GB on data from the 10 dlc installers +1 patch installer.

One quick question. Where do I register my mega pack serial here on Slitherine? I don't find a Mega Pack option in this drop down box. On the Matrix site the serial was added automatically to the registered list when I bought the pack however.
Last edited by Dragoon. on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8067
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by VPaulus » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:57 am

Dragoon, you just have to login in multiplayer, and the new serial numbers will be automatically registered in your account. :)

Dragoon.
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:50 am

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by Dragoon. » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Oh, thanks for the quick answer. That is a very elegant way to do it. :)

BubbaK
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by BubbaK » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Maybe I didn't ask the question right, I only have the base game, didn't it register when I bought it? When I buy the Mega pack will I still have the option to just play base game tree, Looked at other post that stated I would but am still unsure with upgrades, should I go to another post to get answer there. Since I have no other DCL's I won't be getting any discounts I know that Full price :twisted:
Last edited by BubbaK on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13528
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Yes you can still play the base game.

BubbaK
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by BubbaK » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Thank you! Great game

drumars
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by drumars » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Best game! The past is a role model, Panzer General. :D THANK YOU! :D :D :D

DLM936
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by DLM936 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:04 am

IainMcNeil wrote:The download issue has been found and fixed. Sorry about that guys - not sure how it was missed as these were checked yesterday before launch.
Thanks for your attention to this. I was sent another link and that worked!!

illgtncarb
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 am

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by illgtncarb » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:09 am

Having a little trouble getting my 70% discount. I prefer to go thru Matrix since they have handled all my previous buys, but after selecting Matrix radio button for my coupon choice the pop up informs me that I should be sure I want a Slitherine coupon before choosing YES. I chose NO and tried again twice with the same result. Since it is a one time only coupon offer I want to be certain. Please advise.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 8067
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by VPaulus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:08 am

illgtncarb wrote:Having a little trouble getting my 70% discount. I prefer to go thru Matrix since they have handled all my previous buys, but after selecting Matrix radio button for my coupon choice the pop up informs me that I should be sure I want a Slitherine coupon before choosing YES. I chose NO and tried again twice with the same result. Since it is a one time only coupon offer I want to be certain. Please advise.
If you aren't give the chance to go through Matrix, just go through Slitherine shop. There's no difference at all. The discount is always made through Slitherine account anyway.

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by borsook79 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 am

VPaulus wrote:
illgtncarb wrote:Having a little trouble getting my 70% discount. I prefer to go thru Matrix since they have handled all my previous buys, but after selecting Matrix radio button for my coupon choice the pop up informs me that I should be sure I want a Slitherine coupon before choosing YES. I chose NO and tried again twice with the same result. Since it is a one time only coupon offer I want to be certain. Please advise.
If you aren't give the chance to go through Matrix, just go through Slitherine shop. There's no difference at all. The discount is always made through Slitherine account anyway.
It is the same but it is highly confusing. I had the same issue, choosing Matrix still generated the Slitherine code. Plus if there is no difference between the shops why different codes?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13528
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:25 am

We've tested it a number of times but you can only do it once. The first option you choose is the one that it generates. If you change your mind later you cant change. The stores are not linked so coupons cant be made to work in both stores. There are many technical hurdles we had to overcome that you guys don't see which is why it is the way it is so apologies to anyone having trouble but it was the best we could do! It is all related to having multiple sites on different operating systems and OS's. They just don't play nicely together, plus different user lists with different passwords. We want to sort it out but its a huge job and too many other issues get in the way right now.

Dragoon.
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:50 am

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by Dragoon. » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:38 am

I can only imagine the shit storm that will come down whenever your company decide to have both user sets from Matrixgames and Slitherine merged together. I feel the social focus has moved from matrix to the slithering forums and I already adapted to that, but my matrix account is over a decade old and there is a lot of history connected with. I'm just dropping words like home depot of wargaming, Steel Panthers and the Matrix version of Gary Grigsby 's Pacific War (1992).

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: The Grand Campaign Mega Pack is here!

Post by borsook79 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Dragoon wrote:I can only imagine the shit storm that will come down whenever your company decide to have both user sets from Matrixgames and Slitherine merged together. I feel the social focus has moved from matrix to the slithering forums and I already adapted to that, but my matrix account is over a decade old and there is a lot of history connected with. I'm just dropping words like home depot of wargaming, Steel Panthers and the Matrix version of Gary Grigsby 's Pacific War (1992).
It didn't move, it's a mess now... you want some activity with Panzer Corps you come here. ToF on the other hand is dead here and alive at Matrix... a merge would be great.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Post Reply

Return to “News & Announcements”