Panzer Corps iPad is ready

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Timka79
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps iPad is ready

Post by Timka79 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:01 am

Thanks for another great game! But I have a question. Why it writes me Internal server error when I try to login to multiplayer using my login and password that I use at this site and at Battle Academy multiplayer. And why there is no russian language in the game? In game description on Slitherine site said that Russian language is supported.

JAV1L15
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by JAV1L15 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:15 am

I know this game is brilliant, but tell me, what kind of sales are they going to make with that price?

PAL_1
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by PAL_1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:27 am

Congratulations on the release. Thank you for supporting deep tablet gameplay. BA seems to have done well at the $20 price point. I paid it - great value. Best of luck with this one.

I'm considering Panzer Corps. I most enjoy multiplayer. How does it work in PC? Like BA, bypassing Gamecenter? Where can I find more information? The App Store isn't any help. Thanks!

mysticfm
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by mysticfm » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:11 am

Got it! At last. After waiting and hoping for literally years for a chance to play PzC someday, I was actually expecting to feel a little disappointed when the day finally arrived, just because I'd likely built the game up too much in my mind after all that time. But after playing through through the first few tutorials, so far it is successfully transporting me right back to everything I always loved about that classic old game that inspired PzC … except that it's now better than ever in a variety of ways. I feel pretty sure I'm going to love this enough to be clicking on that "Give Me Everything!" button by this weekend.

Great job Slitherine! Thanks for bringing some classic, sorely missed "beer and pretzels" wargaming back into my life.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:46 am

HI guys

the server error we will investigate ASAP - not in the office yet. Sorry about that but we'll get it fixed ASAP.

The language is referring to the PC version but I see now we overlooked it applies to iPad as well on the store page. We need to set languages on a per platform basis. We will have Russian but it is not quite ready. This will be submitted to Apple very soon. Apologies for the confusion.

cptkremmen
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by cptkremmen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:31 am

If I am correct the cost for "everything" is about £53?
The £13.99 for the basic game which is a bit steep
and then an additional £40 for the add on's

Is that correct?

I think a lot of your potential customers already have everything on their PC and to pay £53 to have a copy on the ipad is a little too steep.
I think I would have gone to about £30 for everything but not over £50 when I already have everything on the PC.

Very dissapointing.

michaelincol
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by michaelincol » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:06 am

Great job. Bought base game and give me everything. This and BA with everything on a mini ipad is a gamer's dream. Deserves the price and then some. Thumbs up as high as it goes to Iain, Lordz group, and all others making it happen. Thank you for a great Christmas gift. And a Merry Christmas to all.

Michael

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am

The server glitch is fixed and you can now log in to PBEM from your iPad. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On pricing and sales, all I can say is we just hit #2 in UK board games by value and #105 in all games in volume. This is really 13 games in one and you have to bear that in mind when looking at the pricing. If we could offer PC players a discount when moving to iPad we would but there is simply no way to do it and Apple actually prohibits it.

michaelincol
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by michaelincol » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:27 am

I had written a post just now about potential for dual platform discount but deleted as I saw Iain's post saying it is logistically constrained and not possible. My own approach was to buy base game on my portable and then wait to buy full package for ios. I did same with BA. Shame you guys can't make it work as Amazon is using same approach to get me to buy same book "cross platform" with discount approach on e copy for hardcopy already purchased.

Nonetheless, Great job. Great games. Great companies.

cptkremmen

Post by cptkremmen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:01 pm

I understand the restrictions on discounts to PC owners.

I will bide my time and see when it is "on sale". I am in no hurry I have played the PC version to death many times!

Return to “News & Announcements”