Heroes of Normandie Anounced

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Heroes of Normandie Anounced

Post by Surtur » Thu May 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Developer Cat Rabbit has announced Heroes of Normandie, a fast-paced tactical scale board-game depicting battles fought among the Normandy hedgerows in the summer of 1944, by the kind of German and American heroes we have seen fighting in the war movies of Hollywood’s golden age. It is those movies where the inspiration for Heroes of Normandie lies: offering explosive, fast-paced, yet very tactical battles.

The time is summer 1944. The Sun shines on Normandie hedgerows. Gentle wind, fields of bright flowers, and in the background, the romantic staccato of machine gun fire in the morning. In these typical French countryside landscapes, thousands of men are about to fight. And die. Bravely like heroes, or cowardly like wussies. But only heroes really matters. Those you see in Hollywood Golden Age war movies.

Players are able to participate in the Normandy campaign on either the German or American side, or create their own custom scenarios.

Heroes of Normandie will release on iPad and PC later this year.

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Heroes of Normandie Anounced

Post by MrsWargamer » Fri May 16, 2014 12:09 am

I am VERY interested, in the 'board game' aspect of this to be honest.

Some of my recent purchases have been mainly because the board game aspect was what grabbed me.

I guess it all comes down to how it is accomplished. Many computer wargames, can be said to 'look' like board games, and be anything from Conflict of Heroes, to Campaign Series, to TOAW, to Strategic Command. I wanted to like some games like Team Assault or Legends of War, but then the people making them seem to make the game, and then dump the game almost the moment they are finished making the game. I want games with a future, like Battle Academy or Panzer Corps though.
I CAN be reached
email me at sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com

MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer » Fri May 16, 2014 12:07 pm

Saw an image from the event. Is this an actual board game?
I CAN be reached
email me at sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com

random27
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by random27 » Fri May 16, 2014 3:21 pm

I ve got the real board game, and i ll buy this one as soon as it will be released.
My wife hates you, guys :)

Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur » Sat May 17, 2014 2:08 pm

MrsWargamer wrote:Saw an image from the event. Is this an actual board game?
The iPad game is a digital version of the board game. The developer Cat Rabbit was kind enough to provide us with a copy of the board game to show the players and journalists at the event.

giffin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by giffin » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Looks like some good news for Heroes of Normandie here at Wargamer website http://www.wargamer.com/Article/10192

Return to “News & Announcements”