Regarding the unified log in

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Regarding the unified log in

Post by MrsWargamer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 am

Ok I will be frank I'm not being impressed with whomever has been handling this mess :)

I have long been used to my log in here on the front page NEVER lasting till next time I come to the web site. No don't go suggesting it is my browser, this is a Slitherine web site issue. I have no idea what is wrong with it, but it's annoying at most. I only need to be logged in long enough to register serials and then it serves me little purpose. I have no idea why the forums can retain the log in and the front page can not.

I see the pop ups mentioning the unified log in and frankly I have no idea what the plan is with that, but it is not helping me much.

I have attempted to log in and or register at Matrix Games and nope apparently I am already there by my name and my email, so no I was not able to log in and or register at Matrix Games using my name and my email. And not having an account I can't seem to find anyway to log into something that isn't in existence yet.

I have used another account there in the past, and no, I don't want a blending mangled merged all in one bashing together of posts (if that was the plan).

If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears.
I CAN be reached
email me at sukunai.ni.yori@hotmail.com

MrsWargamer

Re: Regarding the unified log in

Post by MrsWargamer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:59 pm

It is interesting, that as if this moment, this morning, the popup which claims will not pop up again, when you select to not do so, does so regardless.

Additionally, the log in which claims will remember me, does not. Yet, in order to log in, I need to log out from a non recognizing state in order to log in so it does recognize me. This all knowing the moment the browser is closed, I most assuredly will not have been remembered.

The notion of a unified log in has not sufficiently inspired me at the moment gentlemen :)

I'm glad you make and sell games so excellently, but something needs to be done with the web site :)
I CAN be reached

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Hello MrsWargamer,

I'm sorry that you are not happy with the implementation of the new system. Hopefully you can understand that merging four distinct databases into one unified login is a very hard task, and not one that will be implemented completely error free.

Have you also registered accounts with the name MrWargamer? This is not something we can do via the forum, as we must reset passwords and email these to you. Could you please contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk with a list of all usernames and email addresses you have used to register accounts across the Matrix Member's Area, the Slitherine website, the Matrix Forum and the Wargamer website? We can then manually merge all the accounts you wish to be merged.

MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Well I'm sure it is difficult :)

There is no MrsWargamer anywhere else (that I am aware of). There are no other accounts I wish to claim and I suppose that is a vital distinction. Anything that might have once belonged to me, I would appreciate it being as dead as my youth at your discretion :) I have used more than one email in the last 14-15 years worth of time with computerized wargaming, and some of those are as gone as my first computer too :) I do not wish to claim post traffic from any stale accounts. I do not want any blending of content. I was thinking it might be handy to post over there as me. Not vital.

I had tried, I thought correctly, to register at Matrix Games, with MrsWargamer and to employ my same email address as is used here and with the same account name, but it informs me I am already used :) Odd considering I am not over there. It is not impossible I am doing some small procedural step wrong. I might be mistaking the notion of a unified log in. Is it the plan, that once I log in here, I can simply go onto the Matrix Games forums simultaneously without needing to log in as anything new?
I CAN be reached

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Hello MrsWargamer,

Could you send the request to support[at]Slitherine.co.uk. As I mentioned to do this we must reset your password, and we cannot post your password on the forum. If you do not contact the helpdesk, we unfortunately cannot help with the query.

Regarding the usernames/email addresses, we are requesting these to confirm that you have no other accounts or serial numbers associated registered under different accounts. Currently the unified login allows you one email address-based login by which to log in across the sites, but you will need to login to each site separately. The hope is that this will eventually all be brought under one site, but this is not going to happen in the near future.

MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Oops sorry missed the message. I will get in touch and give you the particulars :)
I CAN be reached

MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:26 pm

Ok I'm sold :) One page 4 destinations, it works for me :)
I CAN be reached

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Hello MrsWargamer,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "page 4 destinations". Is everything now merged and working?

MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Just referring to the log in thingy page (which by the way is not remembering me even though I check off the box to do so :) ), that has the 4 buttons, one for Slitherine forums, one for Wargamer.com forums and one for Matrix Games forums as well as a Matrix Games Members link to my game serials there.

It is a handy bookmark that allows me to pick one of 4 destinations. Sounds funny you are not aware I meant that though :) Seeing as Slitherine made the page :)

Still getting asked to log in though, even though I constantly tell all the windows 'yes remember me' and yet they don't The Matrix Games site seems to remember me though, so it looks like a Slitherine site hassle, as the front page doesn't recall me no matter what I do, but the forums seem to retain my log in. This has been a problem here though for going on more than a year now.

I'm just glad Windows remembers what I have typed into fields and auto inserts after I type in the first letter and auto inserts my password for me. Retyping that would get old real quick.
I CAN be reached

Return to “News & Announcements”