Vietnam '65 release date announced!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Re: Vietnam '65 release date announced!

Post by Every Single Soldier »

General Zakblood is a binary member of the dev team :)

Primary role forGreen Berets is detecting the enemy and training ARVN troops, can engage in combat but retain lay not advisable against the NVA ... :evil:
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

He also could not deploy the arty to the forward base as the HQ spawned on a rock tile, a bug whilst live :shock:

In game arty can be transported by helo's and M113's

Fixed now :)
Every Single Soldier
Vietnam ’65 developer
Vietnam ’65 developer

Vietnam'65 has gone GOLD, launch date 5th March 2015.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

thanks commander in chief :roll: :wink:
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Just seen the gameplay video. i'm very glad you uploaded it, as it gave me a good idea of what kind of game it is.

I'm not sure if I like the random map generation. On one hand it really nchances replayability and fog of war elements. On the other, it can make the map feel generic. There also won't be much in the way of historical events (Tet, South Vietnamese government coups etc).

Having said that, it is a small-scale tactial game so it is understandable. Guess I seem to have expected it to be game of slightly larger scale - where you defend a whole province with its capital, move around units the size of a company or so etc.
Vietnam65 wrote:He also could not deploy the arty to the forward base as the HQ spawned on a rock tile, a bug whilst live :shock:

In game arty can be transported by helo's and M113's

Fixed now :)
Yeah I entirely understand and can sympathize. I remember a situation where we were in the last week of testing a major Capcom title and all of a sudden found a bug that caused crashes (I worked on PC games professionally back in the day).

Having said that, I would not advise live feeds of beta builds, as this sort of stuff can happen. Might be best to record stuff and just upload the footage once all is ok. I doubt any players would mind that gameplay footage is not a live feed.
Vietnam65 wrote: In game arty can be transported by helo's and M113's
Only by Chinook, or does UH-1 Iroquois suffice to move arty around?

Return to “News & Announcements”