A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Post Reply
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:17 am

A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by Daniele » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Apple is progressively removing support for 32 bit apps, including a number of Slitherine's older games made in 32 bit and they will not run after your device will be updated to iOS 11. When this will happen, all 32-bit apps will forever be removed from the store.

We are massively reducing the price of these games from today until July 13th! This is your last chance to get them at a great discount!

Check out the list below!

Battle Academy
Battle Academy DLCs - In-App purchases
Battle Academy 2
Battle Academy 2 Kursk - In-App purchase
Pike and Shot
Pike and Shot Tercio To Salvo - In-App Purchase
Great Battles Medieval
Egypt engineering an empire HD
Commander the Great War
Legion
Hell
Qvadriga
Magnifico

sa_gibson
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by sa_gibson » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:03 pm

You're selling games you know will be useless after the upgrade...?

DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:03 am

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by DonCzirr » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Install the games and then don't upgrade to IOS 11 and they won't be useless. ;)

That's my plan.

Kind of curious though - was expecting to see Legions of Steel and StarHammer on this list.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

skoptic
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:24 pm

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by skoptic » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:16 pm

DonCzirr wrote:Install the games and then don't upgrade to IOS 11 and they won't be useless. ;)

That's my plan.

Kind of curious though - was expecting to see Legions of Steel and StarHammer on this list.
They are 64 bit - still able to played on iOS 11, no sale ;)

DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:03 am

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by DonCzirr » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Ah - ok thanks - need to find that list again.

Or is the list mentioned above the full set that are on the chopping block?
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13503
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:54 pm

This is the full list as far as we are aware. Unless Apple has any more surprises up its sleeves....

DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:03 am

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by DonCzirr » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:26 am

Ok thanks - .... getting used to rejecting IOS upgrades.

They are persistent but I am steadfast ;)
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Natus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by Natus » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:49 am

I understand allowing some older games (Legion, BA) to die, but I don't understand letting games die that are barely three years old (BA2). I'm sure this is a labor of love and not one of profit, but who on earth is going to pay full price for these games when in 2 or 3 years they will be obsolete? Some of us just acquired the above games. This is very unfortunate for all concerned.

donkeyfumbler
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by donkeyfumbler » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi,

I have to say that I'm a bit upset about this news. I've bought two of your games on the PC as I do most of my gaming there but also bought Battle Academy 2 on the iPad so I could play on the go (not than long ago but before it was made clear that it would not be updated to IOS 11).

I've not had the chance to even play it properly and now I find that when I update the ipad to IOS11 (and not updating is not an option for me) it will have to be deleted.

Please can you consider offering those who have bought it on IOS a free PC key to replace it? I would have thought you would be able to see all of the apple IDs that had bought it easily enough to tell if they are legit. That way, while I can't play it on my travels as intended, I could at least play it at home.

Thanks.

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 7980
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by VPaulus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:38 pm

donkeyfumbler wrote:
Please can you consider offering those who have bought it on IOS a free PC key to replace it? I would have thought you would be able to see all of the apple IDs that had bought it easily enough to tell if they are legit. That way, while I can't play it on my travels as intended, I could at least play it at home.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=78295

Natus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by Natus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Please stop telling us to go back and look at another thread which may or may not have the answer. Just answer the question.

donkeyfumbler
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by donkeyfumbler » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Natus wrote:Please stop telling us to go back and look at another thread which may or may not have the answer. Just answer the question.
Well that link told me they are at least looking into it and have asked Apple if and how they can send Steam keys to customers, so it mostly answers my question :D

Challie
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:36 am

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by Challie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:13 am

Daniele wrote:Apple is progressively removing support for 32 bit apps, including a number of Slitherine's older games made in 32 bit and they will not run after your device will be updated to iOS 11. When this will happen, all 32-bit apps will forever be removed from the store.

We are massively reducing the price of these games from today until July 13th! This is your last chance to get them at a great discount!

Check out the list below!

Battle Academy
Battle Academy DLCs - In-App purchases
Battle Academy 2
Battle Academy 2 Kursk - In-App purchase
Pike and Shot
Pike and Shot Tercio To Salvo - In-App Purchase
Great Battles Medieval
Egypt engineering an empire HD
Commander the Great War
Legion
http://appnaz.com/android/hell-com.summ.game
Qvadriga
Magnifico
Great deals. IT's useful for newbies who want to start this cool games

DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:03 am

Re: A selection of great iOS strategy games is on sale now!

Post by DonCzirr » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:34 pm

IainMcNeil wrote:This is the full list as far as we are aware. Unless Apple has any more surprises up its sleeves....
One other question Iain - since El Alamein is not on Unity and is not 64 bit, will it potentially be joining this sale list?

Given the mixed feedback and it's impending fate on IOS, it may not be worth 9.99 - but perhaps at half price, it would make more sense.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Post Reply

Return to “News & Announcements”