Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #1

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Dev Diary #1

Post by Rudankort »

bebro wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:28 am One thing I'm wondering regarding towed equipment like the nebelwerfer or the other arty in that pic: they always seem to have the carriage *folded* like they're on transport, attached to a truck or so?
I mean those anchors (if that's the correct term) would be folded out into V form in firing position except for a number of older guns still having a fixed carriage. Or is the anchors going into V form animated here?
We could animate folding/unfolding of these anchors, but each animation eats up extra time, so not sure if it's worth it.
zakblood wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:54 am imo if you could alter the size of units from a scale of 1 to 3 or 1 to 5 etc as shown in Aggressors Ancient Rome on twitch the other day, then it would suit everyone's tastes
Not sure I understood what "alter the size of units from a scale of 1 to 3 or 1 to 5" means. Can you explain in a couple of sentences, so that I don't need to search for that video? :)
zakblood wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:54 am but tbh i like the look of it now, and in the end, it's only eye candy, i'd be more interested in what's going off under the hood regarding the AI etc as i'm more of a single player type
13obo wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:35 am Agree with zakblood. For me, graphics is all pretty and good enough, but the main thing is gameplay and AI providing suitable challenge. Hopefully, all this discussion around graphics won't mean that development time gets taken away from what really matters in these games.
Guys, you direct the discussion, I only respond. :)
Cablenexus wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:29 pm I like small units so setting unit size would be nice (and counters eventually).
If you mean an option to tweak unit size on your end, then it will be added. Separate option to tweak the size of strength plates under units will exist too.
Cablenexus wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:29 pm I'm very curious how the UI will fit. So far I did not had any good 3D strategy game in Unreal engine with a good integrated UI. I hope it will be practical and usefull and not specially for showing the 3D capabilities of the engine so we get a sluggish and slow UI.
I also hate sluggish UI personally, so we'll make sure it is responsive.
verstaubtgesicht wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:44 am 1) Is the AI going to be smarter? One of the most frustrating aspects of PzC was the clueless behavior of the AI, which after some practice could be ridiculously exploited. A good comparison is chess. PzC is like one of those weak early programs (or lowest levels of difficulty), which even I could beat with ease. Now even the simplest chess programs (I am not talking DeepMind Alpha Zero here) can shred me to pieces. Why can't the AI play better in PzC? If it's the computer power (I am not an expert, but I can't believe it is), better use the CPU on the AI brain than on the graphics
We kicked off AI implementation about 1.5 years ago, so we are taking our time with it. I think, new AI will be smarter, but I doubt it will be on par with chess. :) There are many reasons why Panzer Corps AI cannot be as effective. The sheer number of possible moves in a single turn is one reason (in chess you move just one piece, here you move them all, and possible number of combinations is staggering). Fog of war and random nature of combat is another.
verstaubtgesicht wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:44 am 2) Can we get variability in AI's deployment/OOB each time so that scenarios are not static and can be replayed with some level of novelty each time?
There are other steps we are taking to improve game replayability, and the next dev diary will discuss them in more detail. As for deployment randomization, I have some doubts that it can improve replayability significantly enough. A different difficulty level, for example, might affect scenario much more than a couple of enemy units moved to other places, especially since the AI is not deterministic. But you can create a topic about it in Panzer Corps 2 forum, and there we can discuss this in depth.
asuser wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:00 pm Fully agree... and additional the new unit / game functionalities. It would be nice to see some screenshots with new functionality next time. If that is already finished, make the graphic style better and better please.
We have only started to publish dev diaries. There will be many more before game's release, and all game aspects will be thoroughly explained. First three entries will give you guys a general overview, and then we'll dive deeper into each individual aspect.
DJ88 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:04 am IMO the scale is too large which typically happens with 3D. The modeling needs to be scaled down by about 25%.
In "Panzer" games units always took up the whole hex, we are simply following the traditions of the series here. But, as I said above, if you are not happy with unit size, you can always adjust it yourself.
Sourdust wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:30 am I think the artillery guns should have crews. They look so lonely, and inoperative, without some guys to fire them!
It's like representing infantry by a pile of rifles and grenades...
Ditto for open-topped vehicles, you should see some crew inside.
In fact, even the tanks should be unbuttoned, in my opinion. Would liven it all up a bit.
We have of course considered this, but so far I incline towards leaving the crews out. There are two main reasons for this:

- If you show the guys on the map, they need to be same size, or it will look incredible weird. Since the scale of units (infantry, small guns, huge guns, vehicles) is very different in this game, it will be very hard to satisfy this requirement. Something will inevitably look out of scale.

- If you show the guys, you also need to animate them. And these animations will take a lot of extra time. My goal in this game is to make combat animations very fast and streamlined, because combats happen all the time, and I don't want to slow down game pace. I think that animation speed on Panzer Corps was close to perfect, so this is my reference point.

I don't think any previous "Panzer" game showed the crews, so this should not be a big deal, but let me know if you guys don't agree!
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Rudankort wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:37 am We could animate folding/unfolding of these anchors, but each animation eats up extra time, so not sure if it's worth it.

I guess animating this would be over the top. I'd just leave them static, but generally "unfold" (except those old fixed carriages), but it's just cosmetics in the end, so no biggie either way :)
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

I guess, the purple and red hexes are representing occupied cities and airfields by the given side. I hope, it will be changed to flags, as these big, colored hexes are like UFO-s, they stand out from the rest of the map.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Uhu wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:47 pm I guess, the purple and red hexes are representing occupied cities and airfields by the given side. I hope, it will be changed to flags, as these big, colored hexes are like UFO-s, they stand out from the rest of the map.
In Panzer Corps, there are two independent concepts - ownership of a hex (flags) and victory hexes (required to be captured in order to win). The latter are fewer and much more important. The markers you are referring to are victory hexes, although they also assume the color of the owning player for clarity. We have flags as well, to indicate ownership. You can actually see them in the two original screenshots, in the bottom-left corner of the hex.

This is not to say our current victory hex markers are ideal, we are not happy with them either, and we will surely look for better ways to represent them. Any suggestions are welcome! But they are supposed to stand out from the rest of the map, as they are so important. :)
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Maybe a golden hex-circle would do the trick. In the Battlefield Europe mod is was also a discussion about that, as I remember, there was an optional solution to show radio tower as the symbol of victory hex.
Rudankort wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:14 am
Uhu wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:47 pm I guess, the purple and red hexes are representing occupied cities and airfields by the given side. I hope, it will be changed to flags, as these big, colored hexes are like UFO-s, they stand out from the rest of the map.
In Panzer Corps, there are two independent concepts - ownership of a hex (flags) and victory hexes (required to be captured in order to win). The latter are fewer and much more important. The markers you are referring to are victory hexes, although they also assume the color of the owning player for clarity. We have flags as well, to indicate ownership. You can actually see them in the two original screenshots, in the bottom-left corner of the hex.

This is not to say our current victory hex markers are ideal, we are not happy with them either, and we will surely look for better ways to represent them. Any suggestions are welcome! But they are supposed to stand out from the rest of the map, as they are so important. :)
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

Rudankort wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:11 pm
ptje63 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:49 am Im not into splitting units, butif it is considered than I do hope that strengthening units in between turns will also be changed from forced back to full strength to 1-by-1.
Why do you think that replacing units by 1 point at a time is better? One obvious effect of this would be that repairing a unit will take several button presses over several turns, which does not sound like much fun. BTW, split units have not just their strength split, but max strength as well. So, even with instant replacements you cannot bring halves of a split unit to full strength.
I very much appreciate your effort to register on the forum in order to tell us this. ;)
[/quote]

I guess I did not explain correct what I meant: replacements, in-battle as well as in between scenarios, for a damaged unit can only be done with a full replenishment back to 10 strength - not (say) 8 or any other number. There are several occasions in my past battles that a unit was unit was damaged back to 2 strength, but worth keeping and an 8 strength would sufface for that position and moment. Especially in-battle (if the need is there) that would save prestige.

Other question is about the 3D effect: will the camera position be similar like that in Blitzkrieg, I assume with a fixed position or a zoom? Or can one pan around and change perspective, like in Company of Heroes?

Please change the GODs view (F5) to a zoom that is not fixed to 3 pre-selected positions like now, but a user defined one. It would be very user-friendly - in the present pre-set views I would opt for one just in-between.
This is so important in different phases of the game, before start of the battle while positioning your units, planning strategies and routes of attack/defense. But also during the game, keeping overall picture of units is critical.
I would love the addition of selecting units - short-keys for (say) all AA's or artys in this GOD's view - highlighting all of these.

In some other posts changes are proposed to the spotting abilities for certain units. Please take into consideration these for naval units: I have always failed to accept 5 hexes - through mountains (for reconissance plus hero) and 3 for a battleship...

You MUST add a more flexible way the weather is affecting the progressing game - the map is simply too large to have "no rain", or any other weather type for all hexes... Why are ground conditions the same for an entire map? Have changing weather conditions as it would behave in real life.

Although I am sceptical about the proposed 3D changes, I do wish to mention I am very curious about the next phase of this game that has kept me busy for the past couple of years - dont want to know just how many hours...
But enjoyed every one of them.

It is difficult to come up with an endproduct that has the blessing of all of its users, so I guess some of us will be disappointed, others delighted.
JaM2013
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by JaM2013 »

what about the overall gameplay? PzC felt more like a puzzle game than strategy game to some degree, are there gonna be changes in that regard? Also, what about the artillery? Is there gonna be counter-battery fire implemented vs artillery support? (i mean in reality, artillery had limited amount of ammo, so commanders had to chose if they spend it supporting the units in the field, or waste it on counter-battery suppression)

How Air Defense will work? Do you plan having difference between light FlaK and heavy FlaK systems?
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

JaM2013 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 pm PzC felt more like a puzzle game than strategy game to some degree, are there gonna be changes in that regard?
I'm not convinced that there is a problem to fix here. This statement that Panzer Corps is a "puzzle game" comes up from time to time, but I think that this forum and game's community is the best proof that this is not the case. Game balance is not tight at all, in fact it is very loose, and people can complete most of official scenarios on difficulty levels like Manstein and Rommel, not to mention even harder self-imposed difficulties. This means that, at least on lower levels, you have a lot of freedom with your tactics and strategy, and still win the battle. Watching other people play confirms this. Players with good tactical and strategic skills can often win the battle on the first attempt, they don't need to probe around to find "one and only solution". They can simply do more and achieve more - on each turn, in every encounter, with each unit, and by this superior skill they bend the battle more and more in their favor. This is exactly what a strategy game is about, and it is quite opposite to the nature of a puzzle.

In any event, if we have problems with certain scenarios getting too puzzle-like during the beta, we will of course address such issues.
JaM2013 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 pm Also, what about the artillery? Is there gonna be counter-battery fire implemented vs artillery support? (i mean in reality, artillery had limited amount of ammo, so commanders had to chose if they spend it supporting the units in the field, or waste it on counter-battery suppression)
Yes, such plans exist.
JaM2013 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 pm How Air Defense will work? Do you plan having difference between light FlaK and heavy FlaK systems?
Currently, our plan is as follows. Air defense units will protect area within their full firing range, and will fire at the planes even when they just fly by. Also, we will divide AA units into subclasses which are more effective versus low-altitude and high-altitude targets. All AA units will be routinely switchable to ground attack role, although they will not necessary be very effective in it.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

ptje63 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm I guess I did not explain correct what I meant: replacements, in-battle as well as in between scenarios, for a damaged unit can only be done with a full replenishment back to 10 strength - not (say) 8 or any other number. There are several occasions in my past battles that a unit was unit was damaged back to 2 strength, but worth keeping and an 8 strength would sufface for that position and moment. Especially in-battle (if the need is there) that would save prestige.
Ah ok, I misunderstood. Yes, such option will be added.
ptje63 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm Other question is about the 3D effect: will the camera position be similar like that in Blitzkrieg, I assume with a fixed position or a zoom? Or can one pan around and change perspective, like in Company of Heroes?
By default, the camera will move along a fixed curve, like it is done in other strategic-scale 3d games (Civ series is a prime example here). As I already said, map clarity is very high on our priority list, so I expect that you will see the whole situation from default angle and will not need to rotate camera around to see something.

However, if there is demand, we can add free camera support as an option.
ptje63 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm Please change the GODs view (F5) to a zoom that is not fixed to 3 pre-selected positions like now, but a user defined one. It would be very user-friendly - in the present pre-set views I would opt for one just in-between.
In Panzer Corps F5 is a strategic view, so it has just one zoom level where the whole map fits on the screen. But yes, we are thinking about making it zoom-able in Panzer Corps 2. Main map will of course also be zoom-able smoothly, so you can choose any comfortable zoom level.
ptje63 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm I would love the addition of selecting units - short-keys for (say) all AA's or artys in this GOD's view - highlighting all of these.
Interesting idea. In fact, it is probably a good idea to create a separate topic about strategic view and collect ideas what else could be useful there.
ptje63 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm In some other posts changes are proposed to the spotting abilities for certain units. Please take into consideration these for naval units: I have always failed to accept 5 hexes - through mountains (for reconissance plus hero) and 3 for a battleship...
In general I'm cautious about reducing spotting ranges, simply because this may force the player to do a lot of "combing the map" in order not to miss a stray enemy unit, and doing this all the time is not fun. But for ships in particular this might make sense.
ptje63 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm You MUST add a more flexible way the weather is affecting the progressing game - the map is simply too large to have "no rain", or any other weather type for all hexes... Why are ground conditions the same for an entire map? Have changing weather conditions as it would behave in real life.
Well I'm afraid that I will disappoint you here. We considered per-hex weather for a very long time, but ultimately decided against it for a number of reasons:
- It's a huge load on PC resources - you need to keep several map skins in memory at the same time.
- It's a mess visually, the map becomes a "mosaic" of differently colored hexes, which is not pleasing to the eye at all (in real life there are no hexes, so it does not look as bad), and this is what you, as player, would see on your screen most of the time. And BTW, you must make the hexes use very different colors, because otherwise it will be difficult to tell them apart.
- It is very hard to indicate per-hex weather (like clouds, rain etc.) clearly.
- It insanely complicates all game rules - movement, fighting, spotting, supply etc.
- It becomes very difficult to understand prediction for the next turn(s). Now you understand that next turn ground will be dry, and it is easy to grasp. With per-hex weather, some muddy hexes will become dry next turn, and others won't, and tracking this is another challenge.

Ultimately, Panzer Corps is a simple game, and in this simplicity lies its beauty. I felt that implementing per-hex weather is a far cry from the game's basic clean and simple formula, even if it would be "more realistic". And it would not even affect game balance and tactics all that much, it would be "realism for the sake of realism". ;)
ptje63 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm Although I am sceptical about the proposed 3D changes, I do wish to mention I am very curious about the next phase of this game that has kept me busy for the past couple of years - dont want to know just how many hours...
But enjoyed every one of them.

It is difficult to come up with an endproduct that has the blessing of all of its users, so I guess some of us will be disappointed, others delighted.
Yes, this is very true. And this is not only about 3D graphics either - any change in any aspect of the game will see opposition from a certain part of the community. This is unavoidable, but I can promise one thing. We will listen to our community very carefully. There will be a large beta group, from newbies and veterans alike, and we will work with it to make the game as good as possible. Our team has not been active on the forum for a long time, simply because we had to concentrate on technical matters and bring the game to a certain state first. Even features like combined PBEM/online multiplayer could only be announced after we implemented them, tested them and proved they were feasible. But now we have got to a point where we will engage more and more with the community to make the game which you guys want to play.
ptje63

Post by ptje63 »

Rudankort wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:42 pm
JaM2013 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 pm PzC felt more like a puzzle game than strategy game to some degree, are there gonna be changes in that regard?
JaM2013 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 pm How Air Defense will work? Do you plan having difference between light FlaK and heavy FlaK systems?
Currently, our plan is as follows. Air defense units will protect area within their full firing range, and will fire at the planes even when they just fly by. Also, we will divide AA units into subclasses which are more effective versus low-altitude and high-altitude targets. All AA units will be routinely switchable to ground attack role, although they will not necessary be very effective in it.
Then please add a way to chose ones own path to attack (with fighters) instead of predetemined one... in last case it dictates to travel along well defended hexes...
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

ptje63 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:07 pm Then please add a way to chose ones own path to attack (with fighters) instead of predetemined one... in last case it dictates to travel along well defended hexes...
Yes, this makes a lot of sense.
ptje63

Post by ptje63 »

Rudankort wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:00 pm
ptje63 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm You MUST add a more flexible way the weather is affecting the progressing game - the map is simply too large to have "no rain", or any other weather type for all hexes... Why are ground conditions the same for an entire map? Have changing weather conditions as it would behave in real life.
Well I'm afraid that I will disappoint you here. We considered per-hex weather for a very long time, but ultimately decided against it for a number of reasons:
- It's a huge load on PC resources - you need to keep several map skins in memory at the same time.
- It's a mess visually, the map becomes a "mosaic" of differently colored hexes, which is not pleasing to the eye at all (in real life there are no hexes, so it does not look as bad), and this is what you, as player, would see on your screen most of the time. And BTW, you must make the hexes use very different colors, because otherwise it will be difficult to tell them apart.
- It is very hard to indicate per-hex weather (like clouds, rain etc.) clearly.
- It insanely complicates all game rules - movement, fighting, spotting, supply etc.
- It becomes very difficult to understand prediction for the next turn(s). Now you understand that next turn ground will be dry, and it is easy to grasp. With per-hex weather, some muddy hexes will become dry next turn, and others won't, and tracking this is another challenge.

Ultimately, Panzer Corps is a simple game, and in this simplicity lies its beauty. I felt that implementing per-hex weather is a far cry from the game's basic clean and simple formula, even if it would be "more realistic". And it would not even affect game balance and tactics all that much, it would be "realism for the sake of realism". ;)
Perhaps a solution in-between? Weather does not have to be different per-hex, but a large group of hexes, say 25x25 or more. At the moment Im at Budapest 1944, and the Donau river is frozen, but in a next turn it is all gone and the entire river cant be crossed... (apart from the question if the Donau in Rumania ever is frozen entirely for even Königstigers to make it across... ???). Having part of the map still with frozen groundconditions and other part(s) not makes the progress of the game much more difficult, much more true-to-life and demanding creative solutions for the players. It would mean part of the hexes are white and others green - no problems with visibility.
Of course - Im not a programmer and have no idea how to implement these suggestions and what the (negative) consequenses will be on memory, etc. But I guess its now or never if there is a chance to have the weather give its proper influence on the battle.
I agree - the fun of PC lies in its simplicity. But then again - many of the suggestions of game improvement given on this forum deal just with the desire to provide more realism.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

ptje63 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:55 pm Perhaps a solution in-between? Weather does not have to be different per-hex, but a large group of hexes, say 25x25 or more.
Ultimately, and this is why I think PG/PzC system works, you are only concerned about weather where fighting takes place, and this is usually a small subset of the map. Changing weather elsewhere will not be much more than a fancy visual effect.
ptje63 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:55 pm At the moment Im at Budapest 1944, and the Donau river is frozen, but in a next turn it is all gone and the entire river cant be crossed... (apart from the question if the Donau in Rumania ever is frozen entirely for even Königstigers to make it across... ???).
One thing we did implement is two separate ground states - snow and frozen. In the latter case rivers and lakes get frozen, but in the former case they don't, you only get snow cover. So, this particular aspect will be represented more precisely.
ptje63 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:55 pm I agree - the fun of PC lies in its simplicity. But then again - many of the suggestions of game improvement given on this forum deal just with the desire to provide more realism.
If you interpret PzC's game rules literally, it is fundamentally not realistic. Turn based mechanics with units moving sequentially, not simultaneously? Just one turn per day? Just one unit per hex? Just one move and attack per turn? Just one unit type per unit (no "mixed" units)? None of this is even remotely realistic. But if you forget about this for a moment, you will find that the game feels right and true to ww2 events it is based on. With weather the situation is similar.
- Does the weather have profound effect on the course of the battle? - Absolutely, and by covering the whole map this effect is maximized.
- Are weather effects plausible? - I think so, although there is room for improvement.
- Can we represent specifics of various famous battles, like Moscow and Ardennes, in the game? - Yes we can.

It is not as bad as it might seem. ;)
ptje63 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:55 pm But I guess its now or never if there is a chance to have the weather give its proper influence on the battle.
We plan to develop this game for years to come, so even if this feature does not come in 1.0, nothing is lost. I would suggest to create a separate topic on this, and let's see what other members of the community think. I actually agree that as an option such feature is desirable. For example, for global mods covering the whole Europe it would come very handy. I'm just not sure we would use it much in our own content, for the reasons I've explained.
ptje63

Post by ptje63 »

Some more suggestions:
-can you add a pause button for the AI turn - Im afraid my memory fails in remembering what happens where exactly sometimes... (or maybe that is done intentionally ;-) )
-can you remove the auto-response of artillery backing up a unit attacked by AI? Instead yes/no option. Im loosing precious ammo defending against AI units I cannot damage (as of late 1943/44) and if I have only 1 ammo left with 2 attackers I may prefer the second one to fire at. Or even chose to not fire at all...
-Please improve the way AIRFIELDS can be identified on the maps.

Also: suggestions of members have been scattered - to be found in various posts around the forum. How are you treating these? I mean: there are, for example, numerous suggestions for an improved way of supplying units. If you consider implying suggestions by the amount of times they are mentioned/requested, then please note that some members may have repeated previous suggestions, while others may have skipped these, thinking "already mentioned, move on to next one".
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

ptje63 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:23 pm -can you add a pause button for the AI turn - Im afraid my memory fails in remembering what happens where exactly sometimes... (or maybe that is done intentionally ;-) )
I'm not sure you will be able to pause AI turn, but you can review it again using the full power of Replay interface, and this includes pause. Basically, there will be no difference between hot seat mode and single player vs. the AI - you will have the same options to review the opponent's turn in both cases.
ptje63 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:23 pm -can you remove the auto-response of artillery backing up a unit attacked by AI? Instead yes/no option. Im loosing precious ammo defending against AI units I cannot damage (as of late 1943/44) and if I have only 1 ammo left with 2 attackers I may prefer the second one to fire at. Or even chose to not fire at all...
I'm thinking about it, but choosing yes/no for each attack can be quite tedious. Also, this can seriously confuse the AI, because it won't be able to predict which option you will choose for a given attack (yes or no).
ptje63 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:23 pm -Please improve the way AIRFIELDS can be identified on the maps.
I'm totally on board with this idea. :) Do you have any specific suggestions how to achieve this?
ptje63 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:23 pm Also: suggestions of members have been scattered - to be found in various posts around the forum. How are you treating these? I mean: there are, for example, numerous suggestions for an improved way of supplying units. If you consider implying suggestions by the amount of times they are mentioned/requested, then please note that some members may have repeated previous suggestions, while others may have skipped these, thinking "already mentioned, move on to next one".
I'm reading everything in Panzer Corps 2 forum, but I cannot physically scan every single past discussion in Panzer Corps forum. It has 113585 posts according to the board software! So, if you or anyone else remembers important discussions there, please post a link to Panzer Corps 2 forum. Otherwise, I always try to make sure a new feature fits the "big picture" of things, and game rules and mechanics remain "synergistic". So, the number of "votes" for any feature is not the deciding factor. Although usually the ideas which are universally approved by the community are quite good. On the other hand, not so good ideas are much more controversial and see a lot of opposition from members of the community.

Return to “News & Announcements”