Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

SharonC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by SharonC »

Comrades, the Red Army is here!

Order of Battle: Red Star, the first expansion of a planned trilogy covering the full extent of WWII from the Soviet point of view, has just been released! Get it now and join the Soviet corps!

There's more! Thanks to a special sale starting today and ending on August 15th, you have the opportunity to get all the previous DLCs of Order Of Battle discounted for 50%, get them while you can!

Do you want to see Red Star in action? Then don’t miss Gamer 1745 playing today at 7 pm BST on our official Twitch Channel!

Have a look at the previous Stream:

bru888
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Order of Battle: Red Star OUT NOW

Post by bru888 »

If you are having trouble, I documented my experience here; it may be of some assistance: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=93446
- Bru
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

I'm definitely going to order this Game as soon as I'm out of the Hospital!.
We need more engrossing challenges!... Yaaayyy!... can I say more?.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Retributarr wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:21 am ... can I say more?
Nope! Better conserve your energy for gameplay. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
- Bru
Django90
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Django90 »

Hey Guys,
i would like buy your new DLC ,,Red Star" but I read a lot about problems with this game in the comments on Steam. At first some users wrote that there are problems with the game in relationto the german language. Some missions should be without description in german and the have big problems to understand which missionabjectives are important to complete the missions successful. At next texts for events are completley missing too.
This should be not a critique. I would like to draw your attention on this things because these problems decrease the fun to play this game.
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Django90 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:20 am Hey Guys,
i would like buy your new DLC ,,Red Star" but I read a lot about problems with this game in the comments on Steam. At first some users wrote that there are problems with the game in relationto the german language. Some missions should be without description in german and the have big problems to understand which missionabjectives are important to complete the missions successful. At next texts for events are completley missing too.
This should be not a critique. I would like to draw your attention on this things because these problems decrease the fun to play this game.
In English version theresnt any of this problem
bth901
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by bth901 »

In order to play with the german language but get the missing text objectives until they fix it, you can simply copy in each scenario directory the english text file into german like this:
Directory of the scenarios from Red Star: [your_game_directory]\Order of Battle World War II Red Star\64-bit\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Campaigns\12Soviet\Scenarios
Copy file: text_english.txt into text_german.txt
Do that in each scenario directory:
- sov1_01_LakeKhasan
- sov1_02_KhalkhinGol
- sov1_03_KhalkhinGol
- sov1_04_Grodno
- sov1_10_Smolensk_41
- sov1_11_Yelnya
- sov1_12_Rostov
- sov1_13_Moscow
- sov1_5_Fin_Invasion
- sov1_6_Summa_39
- sov1_7_Summa_40
- sov1_8_Viipuri
- sov1_9_Raseiniai

and then you should get the missing text displayed. Of course in english, but the rest of the game is still in german. I think it's easy to understand the mission objectives in english. Or if you want, you can translate the text in the file into your language, since it is editable.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Django90 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:20 am..have big problems to understand which mission abjectives are important to complete the missions successful..
Yes, the victory conditions are sometimes badly written in the scenarios and we have trouble understanding them.
Basically there are Primary objectives and there are Secondary objectives, and what we MUST do is achieve ALL the Primaries to get a victory.
We can try to achieve the Secondaries but it's optional.
For example if we achieve the Primaries we get an ordinary "Victory", but if we don't achieve some Secondaries we only get a "Minor" victory.
If we achieve ALL the Primaries and ALL the Secondaries, we get a "Major" victory.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I was a beta-tester for Order of Battle Red Star, the Objectives and the Events are simple and clear in this DLC (that's a good point :D ) and it is not necessary to have a good level of English to understand them (I am French and I always play in English).
Django90

Post by Django90 »

Hi guys,
thanks for your help and the advices. I changed the Language from german into english. This was the most easy way in my eyes ;) And yes to play red star in english makes fun too :)
ketkipatil

Post by ketkipatil »

Thanks for the updates.
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

I've ordered the Game!:

But have had nothing but grief since!.

I was able to download the Game from another source other than the SKYPE Web-Site, but...when I tried to UPDATE it to v8.1 or whatever...I was unable to do so because of Log-In issues?. My Log-In works for some instances, but when it comes to downloading the UpDate...it is a 'No-Can-Do'...because my usual Log-In entry refuses to be recognized and I am unable to redo my Log-In information and whatever else goes with it to straighten out this mess!.

As well, my SKYPE Log-In Serial Number issued to my newly purchased game is not accepted by the SKYPE Web-Site???. It counters my entry with a statement that other vendors that have issued this SKYPE Serial Number have already registered it?, how...I don't know???...and that the SKYPE Web-Site cannot use it because of that reason!.

What can be done to rectify these issues?.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Please contact support@slitherine.co.uk and they'll get you sorted.

I don't know what you mean about SKYPE though - we have no connection with Skype.
caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by caca »

IainMcNeil wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:50 am Please contact support@slitherine.co.uk and they'll get you sorted.
This link does not work for me.

I have the same problem as Retributarr. I think this comes from discount codes. :wink:
I know that the game I bought was sent to another person’s account.
But it’s easier for me, I turned to Adam to convey my problem in support :)
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

caca wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:45 am
IainMcNeil wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:50 am Please contact support@slitherine.co.uk and they'll get you sorted.
This link does not work for me.

I have the same problem as Retributarr. I think this comes from discount codes. :wink:
But it’s easier for me, I turned to Adam to convey my problem in support :)
Fhere is a chance that something like this has also happened to me!. That could be why at the SKYPE Web-Site...it stated to me that my SKYPE Activation Code has already been registered?.

I have never before had issues like this...something is very wrong here!.
nanouds19

Post by nanouds19 »

je viens d acheter red star et j ais le méme probleme en francais aucun detail briefing et pareil pour les objectif

I just bought red star and I have the same problem in french no détail briefing and the same for the objectives
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

nanouds19 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:30 am
je viens d acheter red star et j ais le méme probleme en francais aucun detail briefing et pareil pour les objectif

I just bought red star and I have the same problem in french no détail briefing and the same for the objectives
Tu as des problèmes avec l'orthographe en français !

You have problems with spelling in French !
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Localized/translated versions of those texts are getting added still.
nanouds19

Post by nanouds19 »

terminator wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:12 pm
nanouds19 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:30 am

Tu as des problèmes avec l'orthographe en français !

You have problems with spelling in French !
Excuse moi pour les fautes.

Excuse me for the faults.
Claire1642
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

OoD v8.10

Post by Claire1642 »

I have bought Red Star but I cannot add it to the OoD dashboard because I require v8.10 but I cannot see the download for this OoD upgrade

Return to “News & Announcements”