Fantasy General II is out!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Fantasy General II is out!

Post by AlbertoC »

Battle-lines have been drawn, horns sound the charge, war-drums make the blood boil. Magical spells are hurled and all sorts of creatures enter the fray. Like in the days of old, once again valour on the battlefield will shape the fate of Keldonia.

Fantasy General II has just been released!

Prepare to lead over 75 different unique unit types, including powerful heroes, in a long series of exciting and diverse tactical battles.

Engage in the single player campaign, where you will lead the clan of Falir One-Eye in an effort to unite the Highland Barbarians against the mighty and wealthy Empire to the south.

Battle after battle, see your army develop as your units and heroes gain experience and can be upgraded, learn new skills and equip magical artefacts. Take decisions, choose where to fight, and recruit other races and factions into your ranks to bolster your numbers.

You can also play in Skirmish mode, in either single or multiplayer, and tailor a battle to your liking, choosing between several different game modes.

And if that is not enough, you can make use of the Content Editor to create your own dream battles, and share them with other people! We are going to release the Content Editor as a free update in the next few days, alongside tutorials on how to use it.

You can buy Fantasy General II in two special editions: the Hero Edition and the General Edition.

The Hero Edition comprises of the base game plus the following exclusive content:

- Tale of Falir PREQUEL CAMPAIGN
- Digital Artbook (Physical versions of the artbook will be available and ready to be shipped out at the end of September)
- Digital Soundtrack (includes the original Fantasy General’s soundtrack)
- Printable World Map

The General Edition includes all the content from the Hero Edition plus the next two future expansions: Onslaught and Empire Aflame!

This edition is the go-to choice in case you want absolutely everything and you also would like to save on future content.

And there's more! From today to Semptember 12th, we will run a special launch sale on our website: all the available editions of Fantasy General II will be discounted of 10%! Visit our Special page!

Important: you can download the game after acquiring it by heading to My Page and clicking on File downloads.
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Fantasy General II is out!

Post by athineos »

I am very disappointed that at this stage you cannot edit the random map that you generate before you play it against the AI. It saves so much more time. I was going to buy this game until I found this out. I hope the dev team will add this in the near future. HOMM III & AOW SHADOW MAGIC had this feature.
TangSooDo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TangSooDo »

It really would have been nice to know that I had to go to "my page" before finding and downloading the game. My payment was taken, then the cart showed empty and there were no instructions on where to go to download. So, to the bother of all parties involved, I opened a ticket in support and also advised Paypal that I hadn't received what I paid for. I eventually found the download on "my page" and that was that, except I got a message from someone at Slitherine that I should have gone to them first before advising Paypal of the issue. Why, as an honest customer who has downloaded dozens of this company's games over the years, should I have not been worried that something had gone wrong and that I should notify Paypal so as not to lose my money? This has not been a customer happy experience.
OBG_primetide
Owned by Gravity
Owned by Gravity

Post by OBG_primetide »

athineos wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:01 pm I am very disappointed that at this stage you cannot edit the random map that you generate before you play it against the AI. It saves so much more time. I was going to buy this game until I found this out. I hope the dev team will add this in the near future. HOMM III & AOW SHADOW MAGIC had this feature.
I am not sure what you mean - you can play a procedurally generated map and change a lot of the settings for a quick play.
If you want to create your own specifically designed maps, it will take less than 15 minutes in the editor (released next week I hope) to make your own skirmish maps exactly the way you want them. Would that be what you are looking for?
Making Fantasy General 2
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

Thanks for the quick reply. What I am trying to say, is that when you want to play for example on a large map, it is more expedient to randomly generate a large map with the predetermined settings (type of land, terrain type, amount of rivers/mountains etc,) then save that map so you can make subtle changes when you don’t like the way the terrain was laid out by the random map generator. Then you can load it to place the armies wherever you want, victory conditions, etc.
I am sure some people take an average 15 min to make a map, but there are also people that take longer than that and also don’t have the time to manually place terrain, rivers, mountains, artifacts, etc. Don’t think I don’t appreciate you guys that are including an editor in a game such as this since FG I was one of my favorite turned base fantasy games. In addition to the games I mentioned in my previous post, I would also include CIVILIZATION II, III, that gave the player the option to generate a random physical map and save it so you can modify it and/reuse later for future scenarios you want to create.
Thanks

Return to “News & Announcements”